Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: Ayvah] #591077
03/10/16 08:49 AM
03/10/16 08:49 AM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 464
A
aj0413 Offline
addict
aj0413  Offline
addict
A

Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 464
Originally Posted by Ayvah
Originally Posted by aj0413
Whether you're atheist or not doesn't really matter.

It mattered in the context that you were joking that my moral compass is based entirely on a very old book of fiction. :P

Quote
Is it wrong to make a false statement?

Yes. It is literally wrong.

We can debate semantics (or religion) if you want, but this is not the best venue.

Also, no one is entitled to their opinion. Opinions should be justifiable. Stonewalling doesn't grant you any special privilege.

Quote
Person A and Person B might have very similar moral standards but dig deep enough and you'll inevitably find difference.

I would argue the inverse.

Anyway, if you're done "poking fun"...


Well, I mean, you just keep giving me more ammo.

How does one justify an opinion? You'd have to have a common value system to determine how something is "justified." :p And how would you remove said "entitlement," control their thoughts? Tell them that your opinion is the only one that matters? Stonewalling doesn't have to grant me a special privledge other than the fact that it's my freedom to do so.

And by arguing the inverse you then have to prove that everyone has at least one common moral trait. That's much harder.

And you keep using the word wrong. You can't define something as wrong without agreeing what wrong is. Your thought process that you can end a statement with the word is inherently wrong ;P

Also, the Bible (or any holy text) was just an example really of one of the main issues with moral philosophy. No one really cares if your atheist. Just like no one really cares if I believe in God.

You say this is the wrong venue, but considering others wanted to bring up sexism; I feel entitled to bring up the pint that their morality is questionable itself. It's just as relevant ;p

Im being a bit of a dick, but this is basically now my inclination whenever anyone mentions anything to do with a moral standard or politics

Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: Ayvah] #591078
03/10/16 08:59 AM
03/10/16 08:59 AM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
Västervik
S
Skallewag Offline
enthusiast
Skallewag  Offline
enthusiast
S

Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
Västervik
Originally Posted by Ayvah
Yes. It is literally wrong.


No, it is litterally incorrect to make a false statement.
On a moral plane it can be the entierly correct thing to do, and you are trying to make an argumant about the morality of nudity and/or sexism, right?

Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: Vulpes Absurda] #591079
03/10/16 09:17 AM
03/10/16 09:17 AM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 347
L
Limz Offline
enthusiast
Limz  Offline
enthusiast
L

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 347
The only moral system that matters is mine, I am your God King.

Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: Vulpes Absurda] #591095
03/10/16 11:23 AM
03/10/16 11:23 AM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 7
R
randomwalker Offline
stranger
randomwalker  Offline
stranger
R

Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 7
umm.. okay... so before this thread went up in flames,

- the point WAS that putting a bikini elf up front creates a different first impression that putting basically any other character there, and for many that difference is for the worse.

- the point was NOT everything else being discussed.

did I get it right?

Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: randomwalker] #591096
03/10/16 11:28 AM
03/10/16 11:28 AM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 347
L
Limz Offline
enthusiast
Limz  Offline
enthusiast
L

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 347
Originally Posted by randomwalker
umm.. okay... so before this thread went up in flames,

- the point WAS that putting a bikini elf up front creates a different first impression that putting basically any other character there, and for many that difference is for the worse.

- the point was NOT everything else being discussed.

did I get it right?


[Finesse] *Tell randomwalker that the point was to use the medium as a point to express the superiority of the God King's moral system.*

Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: randomwalker] #591098
03/10/16 11:47 AM
03/10/16 11:47 AM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 333
Texas
SlamPow Offline
enthusiast
SlamPow  Offline
enthusiast

Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 333
Texas
Originally Posted by randomwalker
umm.. okay... so before this thread went up in flames,

- the point WAS that putting a bikini elf up front creates a different first impression that putting basically any other character there, and for many that difference is for the worse.

- the point was NOT everything else being discussed.

did I get it right?


You got it. I personally got confused on which thread I was in for a second. My apologies.

Edit: That was the other thread where I got the thread wrong. I posted in the wrong thread about posting in the wrong thread.

Last edited by SlamPow; 03/10/16 12:03 PM. Reason: D'oh
Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: SlamPow] #591110
03/10/16 01:08 PM
03/10/16 01:08 PM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
Västervik
S
Skallewag Offline
enthusiast
Skallewag  Offline
enthusiast
S

Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
Västervik
No I think you were thinking about the right thread when you were in the wrong thread but got the threads mixed up in a correct manner ending up with an incorrect conclusion as to what thread is the correct one.

Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: Skallewag] #591116
03/10/16 01:21 PM
03/10/16 01:21 PM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 333
Texas
SlamPow Offline
enthusiast
SlamPow  Offline
enthusiast

Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 333
Texas
Originally Posted by Skallewag
No I think you were thinking about the right thread when you were in the wrong thread but got the threads mixed up in a correct manner ending up with an incorrect conclusion as to what thread is the correct one.


Aaaah, what?

You know what? I'm just going to go to sleep. This is clearly too much for my sleep deprived brain to handle.

Thanks for the assistance, friend.

Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: SlamPow] #591119
03/10/16 01:38 PM
03/10/16 01:38 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 347
L
Limz Offline
enthusiast
Limz  Offline
enthusiast
L

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 347
Originally Posted by SlamPow
Originally Posted by Skallewag
No I think you were thinking about the right thread when you were in the wrong thread but got the threads mixed up in a correct manner ending up with an incorrect conclusion as to what thread is the correct one.


Aaaah, what?

You know what? I'm just going to go to sleep. This is clearly too much for my sleep deprived brain to handle.

Thanks for the assistance, friend.


1. *Laugh at his misfortune and say good bye.*

Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: Vulpes Absurda] #591128
03/10/16 02:37 PM
03/10/16 02:37 PM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 3
UK
N
Noirdeathe Offline
stranger
Noirdeathe  Offline
stranger
N

Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 3
UK
Oh man; again?!

I'm pretty sure people complaining about these non-issues is more offensive than having to see any semi-naked fantasy Elf.

People need to accept that other people have differing tastes; just because you get offended doesn't mean you're right.


Last edited by Noirdeathe; 03/10/16 02:39 PM.
Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: Hassat Hunter] #591144
03/10/16 04:22 PM
03/10/16 04:22 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 100
Fyrestorme Offline

member
Fyrestorme  Offline

member

Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 100
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
Oh god, here we go...


Please.. for the integrity of the game and the game's lore - do not give in to feminazism.

Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: Vulpes Absurda] #591161
03/10/16 05:52 PM
03/10/16 05:52 PM
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 4
K
Kradimus Offline
stranger
Kradimus  Offline
stranger
K

Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 4
does anyone know if you can make your elf breasts bigger? Like a slider option?

Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: Fyrestorme] #591163
03/10/16 05:52 PM
03/10/16 05:52 PM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
Västervik
S
Skallewag Offline
enthusiast
Skallewag  Offline
enthusiast
S

Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
Västervik
Originally Posted by Fyrestorme
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
Oh god, here we go...


Please.. for the integrity of the game and the game's lore - do not give in to feminazism.


I really hope they won't. Not only does these kind of demands always come from insanely convoluted and flawed reasoning to begin with, but it also does not help to try appeasing them, they are never happy with a consession, the only thing it creates is more demands and shrieking because they smell blood.
What does however work is to tell them to fuck off and go away.

I did however feel a bit hopefull when reading the article from PC gamer that someone posted here the other day.
Judging by that it doesn't sound like Sven has the mindset and philosophy about the game to allow the moral police to hijack it. smile

Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: Ayvah] #591170
03/10/16 06:34 PM
03/10/16 06:34 PM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 67
T
Testad Offline
journeyman
Testad  Offline
journeyman
T

Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by Ayvah
Originally Posted by aj0413
Originally Posted by Ayvah
If this what you meant to say, you should rethink your argument.

Do you have a problem with nudity, generally? Can you articulate your problem? There are valid reasons to dislike nudity, but I really hope your reasons aren't as sexist as you've made them sound.


Are their valid reasons? Or just reason your relative moral standard would agree with? Is sexism even bad? Who said it was? How do you know they're right? Is cannibalism wrong? according to what objective moral, universally true standard? Did god tell you? But who told god? Where'd he find this universal truth? Or did god just say it was so....in which case, does that just means we judge standards relative to god's subjective, relative view?

Who said anything about objectivity?

I'm asking that he present a valid non-sexist argument against nudity. That doesn't mean I'll agree to it.

I'll also remind you that I'm an atheist.

Sexism is wrong because it derives from the assumption that there are differences between men and women that are fundamental biological realities without adequate justification. It's not sexist to say that women are the only sex who can give birth. It is sexist to say that men are the only sex who can do science.


Well first of all I hope you understand that world you are living in, is apparently very different from mine. You know there are countries beside EU and US, with their own cultures and beliefs.
We don't even have this term "sexism". Its not even an issue to us to argue about the differences of man and woman. Ideally we strife to life in a harmony where everyone is doing their part. Of course we have our ups and downs. For me woman is a mother, a sister, a partner, an obligation and responsibility. So for example you said that for you man and woman are equals, well, yes, why do you even have to state that. But! we have to have more responsibility than women does. Its just a natural and healthy way in my opinion. Ex: Do I want my woman to work? No I don't, cause I don't want her to get frustrated or tired or to have any worries that comes with the job. I just don't want that. Do I force her to stay at home? Nope. She is an adult human being. But what she does? She stays at home. Does she want to work? Maybe, maybe just out of curiosity. But she agrees with me. Do you get the dynamics here? We are equal, but I decided to take a full responsibility for her and she accepted that. We have a saying "Any man is a king of his own house." What it probably means to you - Any man is free to do whatever he wants with his woman. What it really means - The man is responsible for everyone living under his roof, first of all the safety, physical mental and moral. So when I said that I don't want that to happen to my daughter is me worrying about the mental and moral health of my child. What I meant when I said that woman should be protected even from herself is - How many times young woman are being lied to, f***ed and left, sometimes with a child. Leaving her to her own decisions when some boy is lying to her that he loves her and all that shit just to use her is weak and wrong. The point I'm trying to make is that your morals and "rights" or "wrongs" a very very very different from mine! Cause we literally live in a different worlds! I read your posts. Even your mindset about this issue is strange and alien to me. As the mindset of the person who wrote about going naked to sauna. That concludes : my opinion of the issue is mine, and its right for me and the world I live in, and yours are probably true to the world you live in. So saying that opinions should be justifiable is only viable when you share the culture. But thank God we all speak English and can share different views on this issue, so maybe someone will benefit from it. That was the whole point of me posting, maybe some woman will read this and think "you know this is interesting, I should try this" and that will save her from something bad.

Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: Kradimus] #591171
03/10/16 06:37 PM
03/10/16 06:37 PM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 333
Texas
SlamPow Offline
enthusiast
SlamPow  Offline
enthusiast

Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 333
Texas
Originally Posted by Kradimus
does anyone know if you can make your elf breasts bigger? Like a slider option?


Hmm... I don't know about "elf" breasts specifically. But implants do wonders for the aspiring young woman. And if you don't have the money for that, some kleenexes and a padded bra will do just fine.

Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: Testad] #591172
03/10/16 06:39 PM
03/10/16 06:39 PM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 67
T
Testad Offline
journeyman
Testad  Offline
journeyman
T

Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by Testad
Originally Posted by Ayvah
Originally Posted by aj0413
[quote=Ayvah]If this what you meant to say, you should rethink your argument.

Do you have a problem with nudity, generally? Can you articulate your problem? There are valid reasons to dislike nudity, but I really hope your reasons aren't as sexist as you've made them sound.


Are their valid reasons? Or just reason your relative moral standard would agree with? Is sexism even bad? Who said it was? How do you know they're right? Is cannibalism wrong? according to what objective moral, universally true standard? Did god tell you? But who told god? Where'd he find this universal truth? Or did god just say it was so....in which case, does that just means we judge standards relative to god's subjective, relative view?

Who said anything about objectivity?

I'm asking that he present a valid non-sexist argument against nudity. That doesn't mean I'll agree to it.

I'll also remind you that I'm an atheist.

Sexism is wrong because it derives from the assumption that there are differences between men and women that are fundamental biological realities without adequate justification. It's not sexist to say that women are the only sex who can give birth. It is sexist to say that men are the only sex who can do science.


Well first of all I hope you understand that world you are living in, is apparently very different from mine. You know there are countries beside EU and US, with their own cultures and beliefs.
We don't even have this term "sexism". Its not even an issue to us to argue about the differences of man and woman. Ideally we strife to life in a harmony where everyone is doing their part. Of course we have our ups and downs. For me woman is a mother, a sister, a partner, an obligation and responsibility. So for example you said that for you man and woman are equals, well, yes, why do you even have to state that. But! we have to have more responsibility than women does. Its just a natural and healthy way in my opinion. Ex: Do I want my woman to work? No I don't, cause I don't want her to get frustrated or tired or to have any worries that comes with the job. I just don't want that. Do I force her to stay at home? Nope. She is an adult human being. But what she does? She stays at home. Does she want to work? Maybe, maybe just out of curiosity. But she agrees with me. Do you get the dynamics here? We are equal, but I decided to take a full responsibility for her and she accepted that. We have a saying "Any man is a king of his own house." What it probably means to you - Any man is free to do whatever he wants with his woman. What it really means - The man is responsible for everyone living under his roof, first of all the safety, physical mental and moral. So when I said that I don't want that to happen to my daughter is me worrying about the mental and moral health of my child. What I meant when I said that woman should be protected even from herself is - How many times young woman are being lied to, f***ed and left, sometimes with a child. Leaving her to her own decisions when some boy is lying to her that he loves her and all that shit just to use her is weak and wrong. The point I'm trying to make is that your morals and "rights" or "wrongs" a very very very different from mine! Cause we literally live in a different worlds! You stated yours and I shared mine. I read your posts. Even your mindset about this issue is strange and alien to me. As the mindset of the person who wrote about going naked to sauna. That concludes : my opinion of the issue is mine, and its right for me and the world I live in, and yours are probably true to the world you live in. So saying that opinions should be justifiable is only viable when you share the culture. But thank God we all speak English and can share different views on this issue, so maybe someone will benefit from it. That was the whole point of me posting, maybe some woman will read this and think "you know this is interesting, I should think about it" and that will save her from something bad.

Missed your q about the nudity - so you remember the days you were in high school? Now imagine going there naked.
Now think about the woman you love, imagine the same thing. You get it? Any man that says he's ok with a naked woman body and he doesn't want what he sees is a f liar.
If an unattractive woman wants to share her unattractive body ok that the world she lives in and she might avoid any troubles but don't say that its perfectly ok for every woman. Because the others might face some real abuse and mental trauma.

Last edited by Testad; 03/10/16 07:20 PM.
Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: Vulpes Absurda] #591175
03/10/16 06:54 PM
03/10/16 06:54 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,295
S
Sordak Offline
veteran
Sordak  Offline
veteran
S

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,295
I dont have the patience to deal with this degeneracy any more.



By now anyone shoud have realized how ridiculous this is.

The arguments flip flop from "Muh realism" to "muh sexism" to "muh women want X" all the time. there is no consitency OTHER than what they want to achieve which is to castrate art.

The only thing that remains if you add it all up is hatred and disdain for beauty art and aesthetics.

there is nothing to discuss here.
this is prudes versus people that respect art.

Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: Sordak] #591181
03/10/16 07:09 PM
03/10/16 07:09 PM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 67
T
Testad Offline
journeyman
Testad  Offline
journeyman
T

Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by Sordak
I dont have the patience to deal with this degeneracy any more.



By now anyone shoud have realized how ridiculous this is.

The arguments flip flop from "Muh realism" to "muh sexism" to "muh women want X" all the time. there is no consitency OTHER than what they want to achieve which is to castrate art.

The only thing that remains if you add it all up is hatred and disdain for beauty art and aesthetics.

there is nothing to discuss here.
this is prudes versus people that respect art.


hahahahaha

Have you ever heard the term "sex sells"? Nothing beautiful about it, just a plain, old truth.
OP stated her opinion and said basically that she's tired of that concept. And you all get all hysterical..)))

Last edited by Testad; 03/10/16 07:09 PM.
Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: Vulpes Absurda] #591183
03/10/16 07:13 PM
03/10/16 07:13 PM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 81
G
Grondoth Offline
journeyman
Grondoth  Offline
journeyman
G

Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 81
PLEASE go back to /pol/

Re: The first thing you see in the game [Re: Sordak] #591184
03/10/16 07:29 PM
03/10/16 07:29 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,857
Stabbey Offline
veteran
Stabbey  Offline
veteran

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,857
EDIT: Did I read this wrong or something? Well whatever I hate these tiresome threads anyway

Last edited by Stabbey; 03/10/16 07:53 PM. Reason: eaeryasd
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.2