Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Some of this is probably already coming, but I'm gonna post them anyway:

1. When selecting characters I liked how in D:OS 1 it made a noise providing instant feedback. So I'd like to see a new sound effect added for 2 that does the same.

2. The "combat only" helmet option.

3. Dialog Tags - both for Origins and for personality tags I'd like to see icons for each when presented as a dialog option as opposed to them just being written out.

4. EoCApp.exe - If possible can you rename the exe for 2? Some third party software keys in on the .exe name so my programs get confused between the two games.

5. Leveling up Confirmation - I preferred having to confirm my changes as in D:OS 1.

6. The active character in combat has a white outline. I'd like to be able to shut that off. Or at least tone it down a bit.

7. Using the map to move - Click on the map and send your characters there. Or alternately click the map and send the camera there so you can send your characters there. Obviously only in defogged areas.

Last edited by SniperHF; 03/10/16 08:29 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
All solid suggestions, even if the first one confuses me. +1

I am a proponent of 1, 5 and 7

enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh, well, while we are naming our favorites - 3, 4 and 5!

N
stranger
stranger
N
Using the map to move is a great idea. Make it a sub menu to avoid accidental clicking.

veteran
veteran
I would a option to undo the last movement in battle. So often missclicked, making my char using all ap for walking. Or a need to confirm the movement before execution, so could try a path instead of just hoping for it works.^^

N
N
Most wanted smaller features for me would be:

1. A button or hotkey to link and unlink all nearby party members (maybe single player only)

2. A toggle to prevent accidentally picking up items that would count as stealing

3. To go with the mis-click suggestion above, a way to target with portraits, or hotkeys

4. The ability to mouse over enemy buffs instead of having to always right-click inspect

5. A highlight/alt toggle, and better highlighting of corpses and entry/area transition points

A
addict
addict
A
All the above!

ESPECIALLY MOVEMENT CONFIRMATION!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by aj0413
All the above!

ESPECIALLY MOVEMENT CONFIRMATION!

YASS!

Also, I have a quality of life suggestion. There's tabs at the top of the inventory that filters items, right? I can filter by miscellaneous, by equipment, etc. But there seems to be one missing. You didn't have it in the first game, either, though it was such a highly requested feature. See, in DOS, my experience was that there was a merchant for every skill book type, and certain merchants sold additional goods, like how the Hydrosophist sold crafting supplies, or how the Fletcher sold special arrows. And I did all of my runs blind. I never touched a guide, and never will. But what I suspect was the topic of the niche, truly introspective and professionally written guides was the last and most important merchant: the cheese merchant.

Min maxing, you could buy approximately 5 wheels and two slices in any given hour/level up, quickly causing your inventory to fill with cheese. The feature I'm requesting is that we be able to sort by cheese, either to filter it out, or so that we can specifically select cheeses only, so as to peruse our collection. I am a hardcore roleplayer, and so I would often sit down at my desk with several varieties of cheese before me IRL, and I would waft their scents up to my nose as I browsed my assortment of different cheeses. Since you guys are really stepping up your game this time around, I can only assume that this game has several different varieties of cheese (each in their own assortment of individual flavors), and a bustling cheese economy that takes off once the second Act starts (to go along with the strategy of making the player feel deprived in the first Act), as well as, I can only hope, professionally voice acted cheese sound effects, for when you drop, attack or teleport cheese. I have sold all of my equipment, including equipped armor and weapons, in preparation to get a head start on the cheese economy in Act II. I personally feel the strategy is a little cheap, and could cause loyalty cascades later in the game, because as is common knowledge, "noone has as many friends as the man with many cheeses". I'm not sure whether or not enemies will turn on each other, brother against brother, wolf against wolf, once I start powergaming my cheese supply. Since I don't want to break the game, I'm going to start small, with brie and white cheddar. Hopefully, by the time my party is learning the second tier of source skills, I'll have saved up enough dosh for some Gorgombert, and can leverage that to my advantage by comboing a cheese wheel toss with an immediate delay turn into flee. but I'm not really sure if I'll manage to accumulate that much wealth, what with the game's economy looking like it does right now. That, and I'm concerned about the hard-coded limit on the inventory. I'm worried it might fill up with vendor junk and cheeses, but then again, no room for cheese? That excuse has more holes than a slice of this fine Gorgombert.

I'd like to be able to set up bags to automatically populate with items of a certain type as soon as I pick up an object.
ie. my potions bag which I can label and dye a colour
ie. my crafting materials bag etc

I should be able to set up my own custom labels for different containers and select the items that correspond to the label. Also save the label for use in future games. That might help with inventory clutter.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I like this idea a lot as well. Maybe not automatically assign but definitely add labels of sorts.

journeyman
journeyman
Maybe with the custom bag idea, we can name the bag as well? So say 1 party member has 5 bags, we could name each bag differently, it would be easier for the player to reference and look for.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I agree with the leveling up confirmation stuff, sometimes i'll drop a point in then change my mind but by that point it's too late.

And yes bags that auto populate with specific items would be great, or as others said naming of bags so at least it's easier to see which bag you are dropping them into. (this was especially frustrating on Original Sin console version).

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by BlueGuy
I'd like to be able to set up bags to automatically populate with items of a certain type as soon as I pick up an object.

I should be able to set up my own custom labels for different containers and select the items that correspond to the label. Also save the label for use in future games. That might help with inventory clutter.

Hey, you're stealing some of my mod's ideas ;-)

Originally Posted by FrauBlake

Great minds think alike hehe

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by FrauBlake

Great minds think alike hehe

Just kidding ;-)

Another small suggestion. Can we have the mod recipes on the screen at the same time that we are attempting to craft something. I tend to be forgetful and going to another menu and then back again slows things down somewhat.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard