Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Having a UI with big fonts and big character/inventory panes it's great for people using controllers and couch coop.

But can we have an option for a more minimal UI?

Right now it's too big for my likes. I can hardly look around the screen to see what's happening when I am browsing the inventory or checking stats.

When my elf is eating body parts, I have missed some of the dialogue because I didn't close fast enough the character pane.

The big UI also mess around your view when using edge panning.

The crafting UI is way too big. I would like to go back to classic D:OS mode, where you just dropped an item upon another. It was easier and faster that way.

I also miss having the Toggle Sneak button on screen, now is very hidden in the Skills Panel.

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky.
But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth.
G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by Sotomonte

When my elf is eating body parts, I have missed some of the dialogue because I didn't close fast enough the character pane.

I'm sorry. I don't mean to ignore your entirely reasonable post, but I just had to put this in a quote block. I think this is a pretty cool problem for a CRPG to have wink

mfr Offline
journeyman
journeyman
The workround I use is to put the body part onto the hotbar and then close the inventory window. The relevant text is displayed clearly on the screen.

Someone must have spiked her senna pod drink!
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by mfr
The workround I use is to put the body part onto the hotbar and then close the inventory window. The relevant text is displayed clearly on the screen.

Yes, that's a way of handling it.. but I feel that there should be a better way.

journeyman
journeyman
An option for a manually scalable UI by a percentage irrespective of the resolution is all we need.

addict
addict
Fully support UI scaling. But I don't have much of a doubt that it will eventually make its way in.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
enthusiast
enthusiast

I've run into this particular issue myself. This really does need some kind of solution.

The big UI also mess around your view when using edge panning.

This is more of a problem with the fact that edge scrolling starts before your mouse hits the edge of the screen. My suggestion to Larian is to limit edge scrolling to the actual edge of the screen, not just near it.

I also miss having the Toggle Sneak button on screen, now is very hidden in the Skills Panel.

Use the keyboard shortcut.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Darxim

Use the keyboard shortcut.

But why I should be using my left hand when I can do the same thing with just one click?

Nevermind, I can live without that button laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Drag it to the hotbar.

apprentice
apprentice
A scaling UI would be helpful, alternatively you could have the windows able to be manually resized and relocated on the screen by the user.

Can also support this. While I#m not into the minimalistic approach per se, I like atmopheric UIs, and imho, while better than Original Sin 1, Party 2 still lacks a bit regarding that.

Think for yourself! Or others will do it...

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard