Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Nivv #591959 05/10/16 10:40 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Nivv
The way it is now, it very much feels like a dump stat, and one that isn't even very good or useful due to the way it works. If Larian are adamant on keeping it in the game in some form, it would probably work much better if it had significantly greater effects, but were both a groupwide effect, and something provided by rare items in the game, like say finding a special magical rabbit's foot, or some other trinkets that can be found.

*excite squees* I love the group effect idea! less worrying about who opens what.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by MegaVladimir
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
How did you get lucky charm on 30? Cheat?

No. You can do it by yourself right from the start.
1. Create online game (stand on screen where you select hero);
2. Lunch EoCApp.exe from Divinity Original Sin 2\bin and create another profile;
3. Connect to your first game and create character - apply, and press alt+F4;
4. Do steps 2 and 3 again. You will see that your stats stacks.
You can create a godwoken right from the start)

How does this work exactly? I tried and couldn't make it work. Do you mind elaborating? smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by AverageAtheist

How does this work exactly? I tried and couldn't make it work. Do you mind elaborating? smile

I'll help you out!

The glitch in question occurs when someone connects to a multiplayer lobby, makes a character, accepts, and then disconnects. When they return to the lobby, the original character's stat increases are added onto the first one's. So, let's say the first character I made had 13 intelligence. By putting 3 points into intelligence again, I'll end up with 3+3 = 6, so 16 intelligence! 18 if it's on a lizard!

You can do this solo by opening up multiple copies of the game at once, then connecting to yourself on different profiles (the same profile won't work). Hope this clears things up!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by SlamPow
Originally Posted by AverageAtheist

I'll help you out!

The glitch in question occurs when someone connects to a multiplayer lobby, makes a character, accepts, and then disconnects. When they return to the lobby, the original character's stat increases are added onto the first one's. So, let's say the first character I made had 13 intelligence. By putting 3 points into intelligence again, I'll end up with 3+3 = 6, so 16 intelligence! 18 if it's on a lizard!

You can do this solo by opening up multiple copies of the game at once, then connecting to yourself on different profiles (the same profile won't work). Hope this clears things up!

I dunno man @_@ that sounds not fun and like it would break something, which might make skills gained that way glitchy

Edit: Changed Useless to glitchy

Last edited by Ellary; 05/10/16 11:18 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ellary

I dunno man @_@ that sounds not fun and like it would break something, which might make skills gained that way glitchy

Edit: Changed Useless to glitchy

Not fun, for sure. But I can see it being useful for testing things, like OP did. What better way to test Lucky Charm, than to reeeeeally test it? grin

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Lucky Charm is pretty useless and could be deleted without anyone noticing or caring.

I'm tempted to argue that it would even make the game better.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Q
apprentice
apprentice
Q
Lucky Charm has never had an effect on the rarity of loot drops. It simply gives you a chance at an extra piece of loot off a special loot table that is based on your luck. And that loot table only goes up to Rank 6.

Legendaries are not on that loot table. Any Legendary you find is a normal loot drop and has nothing to do with the Lucky Charm stat.

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Well, Lucky charm also used to increase the critical chance...

Last edited by Elwyn; 06/10/16 07:37 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Idiotic topic name pretty much sums you up as a person.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Ellary
agree with Stabbey, just remove it..played with it at 3 and kept having to remember to have just that character loot things. Honestly it didn't seem to change much @_@

Good point, you have to always use that one person to maximize whatever that stat brings. Talk about low QoL feature. What I did with D:OS was stats like that, like crafting, when I built one up by the rules, I then hacked and made all members equal to that so it wasn't a pain in the butt always having the right person highlighted etc.

Perhaps stats like that should be Party Based Stats.

veteran
veteran
Party based would counter the competitive part of the game, but if chars are close to each other, the game should automatically take the guy with the best stats. Probably similar to leadership?

But Persuasion could be a bit problematic, specific stats have there more impact than the Persuasion skill itself. Honestly Persuasion feels kind of waste of point as well. This +1 per point just doesn't matter if there are stats with 20-30 points in the game.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I don't think attacking the OP is warranted. He broke the game and admitted it. That's what an alpha is supposed to be about.

Now it is up the devs to figure out if he broke the game or if lucky chance is broken.

addict
addict
Cheating or no, he did bring up a point with testing the limits of the lucky charm skill.

As it stands, it is more limited than what D:OS 1 offered.

Is the skill finished or is there still work to be put into it, such as giving specific loot tables for each skill level or scaling one loot table with skill level?

Because the potential for this skill to be of similar use to other skills, like barter, is there. If the skill allowed one to find a bit of everything a little more often. Crafting ingredients, arrows, scrolls, rarely equipment and maybe a skill book for the very lucky.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Testad

Say Dude again, say dude again, I dare you.... [img]http://imgur.com/a/CdCPt[/img]

If you ask so - all the best for you) Hold still!
Dudeman will come for ya!

Last edited by MegaVladimir; 06/10/16 10:12 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Haha, nice profile pic, man! It gave me a good chuckle! smile

addict
addict
Originally Posted by MegaVladimir
Originally Posted by Testad

Say Dude again, say dude again, I dare you.... [img]http://imgur.com/a/CdCPt[/img]

If you ask so - all the best for you) Hold still!
Dudeman will come for ya!

Prinny! I loved those lil guys in Disgaea

The luck stat is one of those stats every game has that is either "too good to pass up" or "completely worthless and should be ignored." Stats like that should almost always be axed IMO unless they add something to the game that was not otherwise there, which does not happen in this case. What I mean by this is that if the luck system was not there, no gameplay would change. The luck system presents the player with a meaningless choice that only serves to complicated character creation.

There are a number of ways in which the luck system could be made into an interesting stat (maybe if the luck stat has a high chance to generating a consumable item that would be useful for quests nearby/etc) but honestly why bother? There are already multiple ways that have been mentioned in this thread for the player to manage the economy of the game without the luck stat.

Chaotic neutral, not chaotic stupid.
veteran
veteran
Lucky Charm could increase again also the chance for crits and also perhaps help with crafting? Chance to craft double amount of consumables or an item with higher level/better stats.

A
addict
addict
A
I'd also like to see luck rolls in dialog for certain situations, so conversations can start and develop different and surprisingly get another direction sometimes, despite of failed stat checks or missing stats or tags; especially crime related dialogs could be affected by the player being a lucky guy. Would make a thief-luck build interesting: better loot and better chances to get out of trouble.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
addict
addict
I got the cheat thing to work o.o it is amazing for testing things! but..Luck at 5, I didn't notice an increase of loot and the usual empty containers were just as empty as ever.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard