Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: US
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: US
Knock it off, but them back in your pants.. sit down and play the game... This thread is insanely toxic and doesn't need to be on these forums.. it's become nothing more then a pissing contest / ego peen size contest. Excuse the language.

These kinds of topics are not what people who just purchased the game and come to the forums should see. It's not productive or helpful... or even valid feedback. It's a recycled topic which was toxic before also. Know I said my last post was my last here... but this topic keeps floating to the top and it's horrible how people are acting.


Lock it, remove it..bann it if it returns. ~ P l e a s e ~

Joined: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
Originally Posted by Ellary
Knock it off, but them back in your pants.. sit down and play the game... This thread is insanely toxic and doesn't need to be on these forums.. it's become nothing more then a pissing contest / ego peen size contest. Excuse the language.

These kinds of topics are not what people who just purchased the game and come to the forums should see. It's not productive or helpful... or even valid feedback. It's a recycled topic which was toxic before also. Know I said my last post was my last here... but this topic keeps floating to the top and it's horrible how people are acting.


Lock it, remove it..bann it if it returns. ~ P l e a s e ~


I'm sorry, Ellary. You're completely right. I'll try not to be so easily provoked in the future, and I want to apologize to you and others like you who have to deal with this in a place devoted to discussion about a video game.

Joined: Apr 2013
Location: US
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: US
Originally Posted by Ayvah
Nyanko: Your interpretation of "intellectual property" is very different from the legal definition. It really sounds like your argument falls under the category of "freedom of speech".

Of course Larian has freedom of speech. And they can be the judge as to whether that speech is working as intended. Judging from the article posted by Swen, these issues are something that's on their radar. You shouldn't assume you're an expert on their creative vision. If they do decide to make changes, you'll probably accuse them of caving in to special interests? I'd argue it would be an example of them seizing an opportunity to better realise their creative vision.

aj0413: I think it's interesting that you posit that sexism doesn't exist, and justify it by saying that women in particular seem to suffer from a weakness that makes it difficult for them to persevere when faced with bullshit in an office environment.

What is this weakness, exactly, and where does it come from? Do you have any evidence supporting your claim? How can you justify your claims as anything except more of the bullshit women have to put up with?

It can be fair to argue that women sometimes miss out on professional opportunities because they have different professional attitudes. We shouldn't sit around here and blame all issues of sexism on the workplace environment. That's the complete opposite of my point.

The problem, again, is that sexism permeates through every part of our lives. Whether or not a specific workplace is progressive, at the end of the day women go home to a partner who wants to be "king". She watches movies, TV shows and plays games that tell her that her strength, her intelligence, her professional capabilities are all less important than maintaining a persistent image of femininity.

I'm confident that workplaces are generally sexist, but I'll try to review sources further and assess this with an open mind before properly addressing this matter again. HOWEVER, this is just one component of a broad culture of sexism that interferes with the lives of both men and women and specifically works to erode the professional confidence of women.



stop it seriously.. cause I will take a forum bann to knock you into place and my sugary sweet coating can quickly turn into a toxic taffy....this topic was around before and was toxic..it didn't need to come back.

I have been playing the same game as you and found nothing sexist anywhere.. never once where my breasts offended. You twist and manipulate what is said.. One female to another...grats on being a prime example of typical female behavior.

Larian...please..please...please.. make a sub forum for complaints unrelated to the game. This topic has gone so far away from the game it's just toxic. It's literally people just trying to force their view and prove each other wrong now.

Joined: Apr 2013
Location: US
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: US
Originally Posted by SlamPow


I'm sorry, Ellary. You're completely right. I'll try not to be so easily provoked in the future, and I want to apologize to you and others like you who have to deal with this in a place devoted to discussion about a video game.



No need to apologize, silly head ♥. We are human *shrugs* sometimes we get carried away with things. *hugs*

Joined: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
Originally Posted by Ellary

No need to apologize, silly head ♥. We are human *shrugs* sometimes we get carried away with things. *hugs*


Awww. Thanks, Ellary! You're the best.

hug

Joined: Nov 2015
member
Offline
member
Joined: Nov 2015
Originally Posted by SlamPow
Originally Posted by Ellary
Knock it off, but them back in your pants.. sit down and play the game... This thread is insanely toxic and doesn't need to be on these forums.. it's become nothing more then a pissing contest / ego peen size contest. Excuse the language.

These kinds of topics are not what people who just purchased the game and come to the forums should see. It's not productive or helpful... or even valid feedback. It's a recycled topic which was toxic before also. Know I said my last post was my last here... but this topic keeps floating to the top and it's horrible how people are acting.


Lock it, remove it..bann it if it returns. ~ P l e a s e ~


I'm sorry, Ellary. You're completely right. I'll try not to be so easily provoked in the future, and I want to apologize to you and others like you who have to deal with this in a place devoted to discussion about a video game.


Lol while you flamed me earlier for saying exactly the same thing. Yeah right, get lost you white knight scum.

Also, PLEASE FFS JUST LOCK THIS THREAD ALREADY

Last edited by CharityDiary; 05/10/16 11:36 PM.
Joined: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
Originally Posted by CharityDiary


Lol while you flamed me earlier for saying exactly the same thing. Yeah right, get lost you white knight scum.


When did I do this?

Joined: Nov 2015
member
Offline
member
Joined: Nov 2015
Originally Posted by SlamPow
Originally Posted by CharityDiary


Lol while you flamed me earlier for saying exactly the same thing. Yeah right, get lost you white knight scum.


When did I do this?


"Have you ever experienced sexual discrimination before? Have you not listened to a woman who's gone through it? Have you not read a word about how Vometia feels talked down to because of her hender, did you not read a word that Testad said in the other thread about men being the kings of the household, about how women should be protected from themselves?"

Joined: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
Originally Posted by CharityDiary

"Have you ever experienced sexual discrimination before? Have you not listened to a woman who's gone through it? Have you not read a word about how Vometia feels talked down to because of her hender, did you not read a word that Testad said in the other thread about men being the kings of the household, about how women should be protected from themselves?"


That has nothing to do with being told that I'm out of line by someone I respect and care about, who is calmly stating that my behavior upsets them. That's asking if you have experienced discrimination or are aware of it, because I did not believe you had or were.

I find the comment that I am "white knighting" to be rude, denigrating and totally illogical. I have defended noone here, and even if I had, that's my prerogative. If you are respectful to people, they are much more likely to listen to what you have to say. Please keep this in mind when you post in the future.

Joined: Nov 2015
member
Offline
member
Joined: Nov 2015
Originally Posted by SlamPow
Originally Posted by CharityDiary

"Have you ever experienced sexual discrimination before? Have you not listened to a woman who's gone through it? Have you not read a word about how Vometia feels talked down to because of her hender, did you not read a word that Testad said in the other thread about men being the kings of the household, about how women should be protected from themselves?"


I find the comment that I am "white knighting" to be rude, denigrating and totally illogical.


Lol okay buddy.

This forum is way too sensitive. I'm out.

Last edited by CharityDiary; 06/10/16 12:00 AM.
Joined: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
Originally Posted by CharityDiary

Lol okay buddy


Regardless of your intent, I want to thank you for phrasing it respectfully.

Joined: Nov 2015
member
Offline
member
Joined: Nov 2015
Originally Posted by SlamPow
Originally Posted by CharityDiary

Lol okay buddy


Regardless of your intent, I want to thank you for phrasing it respectfully.


I want to thank you for giving me the best day of my life

Joined: Sep 2016
Location: Västervik
S
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
S
Joined: Sep 2016
Location: Västervik
Its a good thing we don't have any french knights in here. They can be quite rude. A lot of feathers would be ruffled and that would be... Problematic.

Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
Duchess of Gorgombert
Offline
Duchess of Gorgombert
Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
I think this has run its course. Sorry guys, but it's time for a group hug now.


J'aime le fromage.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5