Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
stranger
stranger
S
I do agree that fire tends to ruin the fun of poison pools, but that's why its essential to have a way to cleanse. I came up with a unique way of cleansing fire by using Phoenix dive, which makes you immuned to fire for 1 turn.

You can also just use rain of blood, to put out the fire. The only negative of doing that is it makes you susceptible to ice/lightning spells.

I can tell you though, Acid spores + zombie is really insane. I nearly 1 shot the final boss of act 1 by using it, and it healed me about half of my life from all the procs.

One other huge important thing I noticed about both zombie and leech, is you have to continuously walk through the pools in order to get healed alot at once. That doesn't work great in combat, so I typically used this in between fights. I guess you could aim the pool at the end of your opponents feet, and then walk through the pool till your in melee range.

Now as other people have mentioned before, you can use poisoned food and pots to heal yourself. I found super easy recipe for poison pots. If you grab up a poison barrel (the ones that explode with poison), and combine it with an empty flask you got poison pots. Best part is the barrel seems to have unlimited uses lol. Keep in mind they do weigh like 60 lbs.

It took me quite a bit of playing to get used to zombie, but in the end I think it made some aspects of the game much easier. Traps became a joke, because there was no reason to worry about poison. Beyond using fire res to cover up fire damage, I found having a decent amount of magic defense helped dealing with fire damage much better.

I could see how this talent could be super annoying for group play, which is why I used it on my solo character. I'm also not sure how well it would work on a ranged character, because I enjoy the benefit of doing damage and getting a bit of healing out of it at the same time.

Last edited by Silvist; 04/10/16 03:38 PM.
Blood Sucker and self healing from Necromancy makes Zombie pointless for the most part. Unless your character is someone who specializes in Geomancy, it's a waste of a talent point, as Zombie scales based on the amount of poison damage you do.

Last edited by cool-dude01; 06/10/16 12:57 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
@Cool-dude01 - Yea, that's right. Though, again using blood rain from necromancy is still useful. Using that you can extinguish fire, and then use poison to make a combo poison effect. Shackles of pain is also still good as well for zombie incase you are getting overwhelmed by one target. I used it on the final boss of act one, and the boss nearly killed itself lol.

I was reading on steam that some guy said each point you put into necromancy heals you if you deal any damage. Is this true? If so I barely noticed the extra damage I was taking. Same thing with leech, which I was testing in conjunction with zombie.

All of what I've posted thus far has been done only in explorer level difficulty. I have no idea how this performs on higher difficulties. I plan to do more testing with this talent, because it seems unique.

There's also one very odd thing I noticed with geomancy, especially poison. When I used contamination, it would hit nearly everything on the screen with it. Like enemies or friendly's not even anywhere by where I cast the spell. I would also personally get hit with poison as well from casting this, almost like it was reflected lol. Is this some kind of bug?

SlamPow Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Silvist

I was reading on steam that some guy said each point you put into necromancy heals you if you deal any damage. Is this true? If so I barely noticed the extra damage I was taking. Same thing with leech, which I was testing in conjunction with zombie.

Yes, this is a known issue, and kinda terrible considering the value of blood rain to a zombie given the nature and properties of fire in this game.

Originally Posted by Silvist

There's also one very odd thing I noticed with geomancy, especially poison. When I used contamination, it would hit nearly everything on the screen with it. Like enemies or friendly's not even anywhere by where I cast the spell. I would also personally get hit with poison as well from casting this, almost like it was reflected lol. Is this some kind of bug?

Contamination hits in a large area around you, enemies, neutrals and occasionally allies alike. (it turns blood or water into poison, thus can hurt allies.)

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask! We're here to help! =D

veteran
veteran
Necromancy only heals if you damage the life bar, armor or magic armor damage are not affected.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
Necromancy only heals if you damage the life bar, armor or magic armor damage are not affected.

Yes, but the point is that it heals you, which means that, if you have the Zombie talent, any damage you deal to vitality will cause damage to your vitality as well (albeit in a lesser amount).

veteran
veteran
I answered only to the question if any damage heals you with using necromancy, wich isn't the case smile

Already stated, that I think Zombie is hardly of any use. laugh

V
stranger
stranger
V
I tried an elf with zombie. I died when I tried to eat a corpse (wtf zombie can't do that). I died when a companion used a bedroll... This is the most useless talent in the game until stuff like this is fixed.

That bedroll thing is hilarious ^^

But yeah, right now it's quite useless. Especially as fire/burning prevents all healing. In Original Sin 1 the player could at least aim at the head of allies and using poison arrows that way did not create a surface that could explode, allowing for a limited healing. Afaik that's not possible anymore.

Think for yourself! Or others will do it...
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by virtuoso
I tried an elf with zombie. I died when I tried to eat a corpse (wtf zombie can't do that). I died when a companion used a bedroll... This is the most useless talent in the game until stuff like this is fixed.

Yeah, those two things don't make sense. Zombies are supposed to eat corpses. And how is lying down for a bit going to kill it? They really do need to fix that.

Zombies really shouldn't be damage by Necromancy's passive. I know they are, but they shouldn't be. Maybe at least they don't recover health from it, but cutting out an entire magic school, particularly one related to their condition, seems misplaced.

I also feel like Zombies should be immune to disease, but that's really just a matter of theme rather than practicality. Undead are usually immune to disease.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard