Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
The Kickstarter badges become available when a database import is done: this is a manual procedure and depends on the Kickstarter, Larian Vault and forum emails being in sync, though the exact details escape me offhand. The "II" badge is for D:OS II backers, the dragon badge is for a particular tier of D:OS backers. Once the badges are available, forum members can select them (or not) in their profile settings.

J'aime le fromage.
So... hurry up and wait? :P

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Yeah, pretty much. smirk I'll check with them to see how often the update is run (though I may not get an answer before Monday) but if it looks like yours isn't happening they'll look into it. My assistance may or may not actually assist but is available if required. smile

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
Have you checked the Larian Vault? That's where you manage your tier rewards and input your forum account's email to get your badge.....that's how you get the "II" badge.....if you backed DOS2 on KS. And the Dragon badge is for backers of the first Divinity Original Sin who backed between $95 and $250.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 08/10/16 01:53 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by ForkTong
Hello!

For those of you that have backed DOS2 via Kickstarter or PayPal: if your tier contains the Forum Badge reward, and you have filled in the email address you used to register here, you should now have a group badge in your profile screen that you can activate.

To do so, click on "My Stuff" in the menu up there and click "Edit Profile".

There, under "Group Images to display", check the box next to the badge and click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.

If your badge is not there:
- double check if you filled in the correct email address in the Larianvault;
- check if your tier actually grants you a badge;
- this is a manual thing and I'm not doing it daily, I will have another go in April;
- FYI, there were 4000+ email addresses filled in of which 3000 addresses were not found in the forum database, so it doesn't hurt to check opa

Yay!

Followed the directions but I do not have "Group Images to display" showing in my profile and cannot get my badge.

Support
Support

The script to check the Vault entries and enable the badges in the forum will need to be run again to catch any that were set up before the last time it was run.

apprentice
apprentice
Celebrating 1 month waiting tomorrow. Also, wonders over the same as Fyrestorme.

Edit: Oh, a new page I didn't see. Ok, nm but I still wait for my badge.

Last edited by Nemorosa; 16/10/16 02:42 PM.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.
veteran
veteran
We could form a club? laugh

A
stranger
stranger
A
I guess ill join the club too :D

T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Nemorosa
Celebrating 1 month waiting tomorrow.

Hah, that's nothing. I've been waiting since the end of March! smile And yes, my email addresses at the Larian Vault and here match.

Edit: blast, completely forgot I had to manually activate it after a database import. Tada! smile

Last edited by Tinkerer; 21/10/16 06:29 PM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I backed D:OS2 on Kickstarter, but using my email address (the same as the one I use to log in to larianvault.com)

However, it occurs to me that my sign-in for these forums is different (and unconnected) to my email address.

Are the badges still happening and if so, how will this be sorted out? Can we link the two accounts somehow?

Where's my badge, Jimmy?
Where's my badge...?
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Your sign-in doesn't matter, but your forum email address will need to be the same as the one on Larian Vault. Once that happens, the badge should become available after the next database update (this is run manually once in a while). And once that happens, you'll still need to select it in your profile settings!

There's a handy pinned topic where you can follow up if there's any problems: in fact I'll merge this post with it...

J'aime le fromage.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Oops thanks! I didn't see the pinned post. I'm blind lol!

Where's my badge, Jimmy?
Where's my badge...?
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Ok, I'm a bit confused here - I have been on these forums for months.
I have definitely got th ebadge reward.
And I have triple checked my email addresses are the same.

But on the Edit Profile page, I am not seeing the section to select the badge.

Any ideas?

Where's my badge, Jimmy?
Where's my badge...?
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
It does happen periodically, though I'm not sure if anyone's discovered the reason yet. I think we'll need to wait for Raze to materialise in order to properly look into it as that sort of thing is (probably fortunately) beyond my reach.

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

ForkTong needs to manually run the script to check the email addresses listed in the Vault accounts for the forum badge reward, and then update the relevant forum accounts. Right now the focus is on the game, though, and I don't know when this will be run again.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Ok, that's fair enough. Thanks! hehe

Where's my badge, Jimmy?
Where's my badge...?
I
IC3 Offline
stranger
stranger
I
I can't see the option "Group Images to display" it's simply not a choice on my edit profile screen.

Support
Support

You are currently not a member of any groups that have group images. As long as you have your forum email address entered in the forum badge field in the Vault (Your Choices & Input), it should be added the next time the script is run (there is no schedule for that, though).

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Checking my badge status...

Where's my badge, Jimmy?
Where's my badge...?
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard