Next Thread
Print Thread
R
RazorPT Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Is giving the D:OS to people who have pre-ordered D:OS2 trough early access asking much?

I'm one of those who did play the 1st in a friends house, but didn't buy it and jumped directly to D:OS2.

I think I would enjoy playing the first one while I wait for the second, but can't afford buying the 1st when I already payed full price for the second.

Just an idea. Probably a bit greedy, but it would feel nice.

(A few games do this, on the top of my mind like Wasteland or Dishonored)

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Yeah you are being quite greedy, they are 2 different games, it is not one update or something. That being said you do get a bonus for the preorder and it is quite the good one: You can play the name now and not over 5-6 months.

veteran
veteran
The already gave the remake of the first "Enhanced Edition" for free. They are still a company who needs to pay they workers and other stuff.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Do you mean that you want to play the full game before its finished and is still missing some things, or are you saying you want Larian to hold off on releasing the game once its finished so that a select group get to have a "private" launch?

Why? Its not an MMO where it will matter if you are 10 levels higher than everyone on your server?
Why would you not want other people to play the game when you first start it up?

(and I'm a backer so I would "benifit" from an early access, I just don't see the point.)

veteran
veteran
If you are talking to OP, I'm not sure if you understand him correctly. He wants nothing withholden, he wants the first game for free.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Oh, my bad. I guess I miss read that. ^^

R
RazorPT Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Not really demading anything. It's a known practice and was asking if Larian might think about.

I've already bought D:OS2 and enjoyed the first chapter very much. welcome

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by RazorPT
Not really demading anything. It's a known practice and was asking if Larian might think about.

I've already bought D:OS2 and enjoyed the first chapter very much. welcome

A question I must ask since this has come up a lot.

Why did you buy a limited access to dos 2 when you have not played dos 1? It would have been the better purchase at this point.

And deals like you suggest depends on sales, if divinity original sin is still pulling in quite a bit of money they won't do it.

But seriously, buying the limited second and not the first was a big mistake.

Last edited by SacredDark; 04/10/16 12:58 PM.
R
RazorPT Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Thanks for the tip, but it's a bit late now. I'll just follow some youtube and see how the story plays.

Then play D:OS 2 when it releases next year...
wave
Thank you for the replies everyone.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Not really. That's actually quite rare that a prior game is given away with the new one, and when it is, it's usually a much older prior game.

For instance, if you pre-ordered Civ 5, they gave you Civ 3 for free (not 4, but 3), which came out 9 years prior. If you bought Wasteland 2 in some way (Kickstarters got it, I'm not sure who else), they'd give you Wasteland 1 for free, but that came out in 1988. I can't think of any other examples off the top of my head where the prior game was free if you pre-ordered.

D
stranger
stranger
D
a few other developer give Discounts to prio Titels or future ones.
would find that a great idea but this is also rare.

Last edited by dealerking; 05/10/16 09:41 PM.
R
RazorPT Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Not trying to be picky, but recently Dishonored 2 gave away Dishonored 1 to who pre-ordered. I remeber wasteland 2, but you're right, the first one came out decades ago.

I refuse to pirate, so... Thanks for sharing your opinions everyone. I've found a good lets play video that will at least make me aware of the story until the full D:OS 2 is released. wink

veteran
veteran
Yeah, but they already gave EE free for those who had DOS1 ^^

Is giving the D:OS to people who have pre-ordered D:OS2 trough early access asking much?

I'm one of those who did play the 1st in a friends house, but didn't buy it and jumped directly to D:OS2.

I think I would enjoy playing the first one while I wait for the second, but can't afford buying the 1st when I already payed full price for the second.

Just an idea. Probably a bit greedy, but it would feel nice.

(A few games do this, on the top of my mind like Wasteland or Dishonored)

Maybe if dos 1 was like 10-15 years old.. but it's only like 2 years old! They can still make money from it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Not trying to be picky, but recently Dishonored 2 gave away Dishonored 1 to who pre-ordered.

I said it's rare, not that it never, ever happens. You'd have to come up with a lot more examples to debunk the idea that it is very rare.

A
addict
addict
A
...................My gut response was to seriously question the maturity and entitlement of the person asking this in the OP......Like, were they given everything freely as a child when they just asked nicely? Cause people are just that kind and giving?....

BUT! That would be mean......So, I'm just gonna say that we should be appreciative of the fact tat they're making D:OS 2 at all, that they're so big on feedback, that they let us help fund stretch goals, and for generally being awesome at what they do for RPG and tactical combat gamers

veteran
veteran
What? No....just no. Larian worked hard for years to make DOS....they have earned and deserve to be paid for their work. Just like you they have families and bills and need to earn a living. I see no reason for DOS to be given out free.

Support
Support

D:OS EE was on sale leading up to the D:OS 2 Early Access release, and presumably will be again.
Divine Divinity was pretty much given away with the release of Divinity 2 Developer's Cut on GOG (PWYW, 1 cent minimum), and has been part of other giveaways (including D:OS pre-order bonus on GOG) and very steep discounts. Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity are part of the bonuses in the Collector's Edition of D:OS EE. Divinity 2 was given away as part of some promotions for D:OS 2 at PAX.

apprentice
apprentice
Not trying to be picky, but recently Dishonored 2 gave away Dishonored 1 to who pre-ordered. I remeber wasteland 2, but you're right, the first one came out decades ago.

I refuse to pirate, so... Thanks for sharing your opinions everyone. I've found a good lets play video that will at least make me aware of the story until the full D:OS 2 is released. wink

I don't think dishonored is a good example no offense to those that liked it but the first dishonored was a huge letdown at least to me. I think its ratings were inflated.

addict
addict
huge discounts on all larian games all the time but still not enough? with due respect, sir, you are greedy

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard