Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kalrakh

So yes, I would support player based testing, mainly for looking for far to broken combos.

But but but, then they might take away my Phoenix Dive > Tactical Retreat > Cloak and Dagger > Flesh Sacrifice > Drop Cheese Wheel combo ;-;

veteran
veteran
Hrm... I'm sure, that will be still fine, no one can resist a man with many cheeses smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Update:

Someone in another thread linked me this -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-04-understanding-divinity-original-sin-2-in-early-access

Which, later on in the article, states that the team is working on custom characters for Arena! =D

veteran
veteran
Rogues are far to strong? Mages quite instantly cct and Knight only did the finishing. xD

https://gyazo.com/3b2d3529831f06f0567e4c408871b752

And another, one, not as flawless tough:
https://gyazo.com/2672019e38f9e6c950c585787d72e08e

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Fully support

Originally Posted by M3SS3NG3R
On second thought, I think I know why this isn't included from the beginning -> this system has the potential to be abused for essentially cheap wins.

Imagine the following scenario:

You see a heavily armored enemy fighter slowly walking up to the bridge. There doesn't look to be any supporting characters in sight. With your team in perfect defensive position you click end turn.

The next turn, the fighter pulls out a dagger, cloak & daggers into your midst, vaults over the head of your wizard, disappears into thin air and cuts him to pieces with a mortal blow. Oh, adrenaline! Backstabs X N, your ranger is down. *Poof* he uses tactical retreat and enters sneaking mode. Turns out it's actually a scoundrel/huntsman hybrid with glasscannon, warlord and backstabber. The sword & armor is just for show. You concede the match. GG.

---------------------------------

I think it's fair to say that if we want to add custom characters there should be some ways for all players to check out each other's character builds thoroughly before the match starts. At least if we want to keep things competitive instead of having all the first matches degenerate into people face checking unknown random things disguised as all kinds of stuff.

To me, that is true strategy. Where is the strategy when you can just look under your enemies hood? I say good on the player that fooled the other player. They used their brain to out-smart the other player. Allowing players to disguise themselves, would just force you to keep that in mind when making your fighter.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard