Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
old hand
old hand
This is more Steam Workshop related - Make it possible to change the Steam Workshop Icon of your mod without deleting it/reuploading it.

Other games have this ability so I assume it's possible.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hey Larian,
Can we get access to some database for PvP or an API to connect to be able to host tournaments. I'd love to see any way possible to automate a way for tournaments and stat tracking. PvP love those kinds of things even though it may not be the main focus of the game.
Thanks,
Armageden

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
These were a few things that were hard coded in D:OS and made it difficult to fully implement my ideas. I hope to see mod-able (and new) Damage types, Surface types, Surface type interactions, Talents, Abilities, and Attributes

Something new i would like to see is an ability like Push, when you can push characters or objects in a direction until they hit a wall, character, or object. Damaging and applying effects the struck object and/or themselves, potentially another pinball like effect can happen.
Specific examples are a Battering Ram that can Pin, push all away from character, a pull all in area to a point.
Ledges would then be a lot more dangerous and more fun to play with.

I have never tried to change the 'Examine Screen' but it would be cool if a modder can set up what the player sees when they 'examine' something (including pictures and dare I say video/gifs?).
This would include hiding or revealing certain items depending on the character (and their attribute/skills/etc) examining it.

S
stranger
stranger
S
It is necessary to make a sort for inventory.

addict
addict
Guys, remember that this thread is supposed to be about the modding tools. XD

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I am a huge Hotbar user. Currenly playing D:OS EE again and find the hot bar system inadequate. Some suggestions:

1)Stretch the hot bar up 2 or 3 times shwoing 4 or 5 bars at the same time.

2) Stretch from side to side and use the whole bottom of the screen.

3) Extra bars. Vertically on the left and right side of the screen.

Both of my main characters in D:OS EE have all 5 completely full. Thanx Loved the game.

addict
addict
Please please add a level scaling option. As this would open the doors for respawnable enemies and making higher level gamers. The level scaling doesn't even have to be perfect. just have enemies scale to the level of the highest team member.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Dear developers. Please make sure that the books read were noted in the inventory. For example they can be made by gray, but not normal read color.
Уважаемые разработчики. Пожалуйста, сделайте так, чтобы прочитанные книги отмечались в инвентаре. К примеру их можно сделать серыми, а не прочитанные нормального цвета.

journeyman
journeyman
This may probably come as weird, but I personally wouldn't mind the ability to set a specific soundtrack to play during specific fight (and only during the fight). I'd just LOVE to fight a dragon with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsg664cyf1c

awesome soundtrack playing on the background.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Any idea if there will be some pre-launch build available to the alpha/beta users, to give us a jump start on getting content built for this one? I've had some ideas mulling around in my head, but don't want to spend the time modelling it in the old toolkit when I'll be building with the new one anyhow.

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
Originally Posted by Ellary
Please please add a level scaling option. As this would open the doors for respawnable enemies and making higher level gamers. The level scaling doesn't even have to be perfect. just have enemies scale to the level of the highest team member.

Yea, would love to have level scaling tool. It'll be a great addition imo.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GrumpyMcGrump
This may probably come as weird, but I personally wouldn't mind the ability to set a specific soundtrack to play during specific fight (and only during the fight). I'd just LOVE to fight a dragon with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsg664cyf1c

awesome soundtrack playing on the background.

They are using WWise, so they definitely need to give specific attention to music.

M
stranger
stranger
M
First and foremost: In-depth documentation of the toolkit. Literally today, after 2 weeks of modding, after making a lovely level and coming up with a story for it I became discouraged by a road block in form of lack of proper documentation how to set scripts right and where so that they would compile without errors (Your own scripts, not mine) like those saying that "character player is not defined" in one of the main game wall-of-text scripts.
For me using DOS1 engine is like trying to drive a car and having to call different people to ask them how to do it and them telling me that very few of them actually know how to drive this car. Or like needing to be an IT engineer in order to use the SatNav.
I hope you know what I mean.
I hope I am making any sense.
Peace.

N
norD Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by Marek Z
I hope you know what I mean.
I hope I am making any sense.

Yes, totally.
Documentation is needed for sure smile

A
addict
addict
A
I have a question to the developers:
Since D:OS 2 doesn't use bodybuilding and willpower as part of a RNG based enemy/crowd control and resistance system, did you also remove this feature from the engine or is it still in place but not used? So will it be possible to use the old system (or a similar one) for main campaign modding and standalone modules?
I think many of us hope for more possibilities with the updated engine and editor. New serious restrictions to core mechanics would take away a lot of potential from D:OS 2 modding.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Abraxas*
I have a question to the developers:
Since D:OS 2 doesn't use bodybuilding and willpower as part of a RNG based enemy/crowd control and resistance system, did you also remove this feature from the engine or is it still in place but not used? So will it be possible to use the old system (or a similar one) for main campaign modding and standalone modules?
I think many of us hope for more possibilities with the updated engine and editor. New serious restrictions to core mechanics would take away a lot of potential from D:OS 2 modding.

That's a very smart question, one that I support completely. Could we hypothetically revert to the BB system if we wanted?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'd like to add the ability to modify the names and benefits of attributes and abilities, and potentially even the ability to add or remove them, as well as the amounts gained per level, to the list of functions modding tools should have.

There's been lots of good discussion on how the stat system in D:OS2 should work, and by now it's quite clear that many of the ideas superior to what we currently have/will get won't make it in simply because of Kickstarter obligations.

old hand
old hand
This is very specific, but I hope OnCharacterStatus, CharacterGetStatusSourceCharacter, and CharacterRemoveStatus will be able to take specific CONSUME statuses. Makes custom status design clumsy or impossible in some cases. It would also be nice to be able to create Auras with CONSUME statuses.

I also have found ItemGetStat to be really limited, making it difficult to check what kind of item a character has used. It seems like only weight and vitality can be taken.

There were also some serious limits to crafting. There were lots of things you couldn't add to objects with a crafting recipe, like weapon on-hit effects, +skills, damage reflection, etc.

I also the functionality to add on-hit conditions to armor would work. Moreover, adding various proc conditions would be awesome, like On Miss or On Attack of Opportunity, On Backstab, etc. Some of these seemed to be in the code, but I never could get anything but Self:OnHit:weaponproc to work.

Last edited by Baardvark; 17/02/17 06:00 AM.
old hand
old hand
So I've noticed SOMEBODY "fixed" the ExtraProperties "bug" where incorrectly inputted text there would get displayed on the item.

E.g.

data "ExtraProperties" "This text will get displayed on the weapon!"

This was super useful for describing intricate or non-obvious modifiers on items. Unless there's another avenue for putting descriptions on randomly generated items, it would be nice to see this bug unfixed. :P

Edit: However, I will add that the new way statuses are designed gives me the impression that the issues with "consume" statuses being difficult to work with in the scripts may have been solved. Haven't tested, but I hope we'll be able to catch specific custom statuses with CharacterGetStatusSource and the like. So yay if this works out.

Last edited by Baardvark; 26/04/17 01:10 AM.
O
stranger
stranger
O
Hello fellow developers I have some questions for you! when do you plan to release the game on early access if it is of course not a secret? and tell me if right now to begin to take the first Chapter in Fort joy that I can continue through the game after release?

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard