Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-13:

- minor changes to recipe organization to enable creation of bigger potions from two smaller ones directly from the Recipes page of the crafting window

compatible with existing saves

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-14:

- another change to recipe organization on the Recipes page, this time for crafting poison potions from the crafting station's ooze barrel

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-14:

- added Rot immunity to North Gate waypoint ingredient vendor

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-19: v. 0.5.1.10

- added a workaround for skill Distract no longer working after using the Character Appearance Mirror in the Homestead
- added a workaround for skill Magic Bags Control no longer working after using the Character Appearance Mirror in the Homestead
- added a workaround for skill Field Bed no longer working after using the Character Appearance Mirror in the Homestead
- added a workaround for skill Coffin no longer working after using the Character Appearance Mirror in the Homestead
- changed story code to make shovels work when used from right-click menu or from skill bars

The only workaround for shovels to work in existing games is for the character to die once. (Sorry my bad, but there's no other way in existing saves)

For the skill workarounds all you have to do is save and reload once and the skills should work again.
You have to do this every time you use the appearance mirror, no matter if you change anything or press the 'Cancel' button. Since only players can use the mirrors and companions can not, the problem should not occur with companions.

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-11-02: v. 0.5.1.11

- increased the damage multiplier for Flurry from 70% to 100% because players were complaining about Man-at-Arms being underwhelming

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-11-04: v. 0.5.1.12

- corrected paths of all icon files (no idea how this could have worked before, might be just a thing for the editor)

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-11-04: v. 0.5.1.13

First release as a 6-man-party enabled version to find my inner peace ;-)
I named it 'XC_Bags 6Man QnvD' for a reason, QnvD stands for 'Quick and very Dirty'.

Extensions to and changes from the original XC_Bags:
- two additional companions can be recruited, making a complete party of 6 (does not work with the controller interface, might require UI rescaling in the game options)
- crafting tools in bags are now kept by the character holding the bag when the bag is transferred
- crafting tools in bags are no longer sent to homestead when 'Send to Homestead' is selected from a gab's right-click menu
- food effects are once again hidden and need to be discovered (this is required for the built-in Five Star Diner talent, I did not know what triggered this behaviour before); no changes to poisoned (zombie) food, although the additional effects need to be discovered, it stays percentage based
- crossbows no have a built-in chance-to-hit boost
- changed the 'effect bone' of the effect played when using the Magic Bags Control skill in the hope that the metal helmet visual bug will no longer be triggered
- 'exchange recipes' are disabled because they were only bug fixes in the original

Absolutely no testing has been done for balancing, I basically took Baardvark's 6 man mod as a reference for some across the board changes.
(Big credits go to Baardvark as his mods are always an inspiration hehe

- boosts to enemies in Tactician mode:
# +60% Vitality (Standard Tactician has 20%)
# +2 Movement
# +1 Bodybuilding
# +1 Willpower
# +2 Initiative
# +1 Strength
# +1 Dexterity
# +1 Intelligence
# +1 Turn AP
# +2 Max AP

The boosts to STR, DEX and INT might be more than +1 in higher levels, but I do not have any formulas, so I'm not sure. (Since the game gets easier with increasing levels, it might not matter at all.)

- boosts to enemies in Classic mode:
# +30% Vitality
# +1 Movement
# +1 Bodybuilding
# +1 Willpower
# +1 Initiative
# +1 Max AP

- no changes for Explorer mode

Download

B
stranger
stranger
B
I'm begging you, include a recipe to turn Magic Tormented Souls back into Tormented Souls. I don't even care about the Pixie Dust, but I turned all my Tormented Souls into Magics, and now I don't have any to upgrade all my other weapons!

D
DDK Offline
stranger
stranger
D
Is there any way to prevent the bags from being removed from companions and placed in player character inventory? It's so frustrating and annoying...

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
The bags are returned to player characters because they are flagged as quest items. The engine itself does the returning and not the mod.
There's no other way to prevent the bags from showing up in trader windows other than flagging them as quest items, unfortunately.

Of course, it could be changed, but then bags would show up in trading windows again, reenabling accidental selling. In XC_Bags, accidental selling is very dangerous due to trader inventory cleanup. You could not get them back.

Anyway, it's not possible to change it so far into the mod's lifetime because I'd fear to break many existing savegames.

Maybe if someone used the mod's code to merge it with a big new mod, and was about to release a version of the big mod with the bags included ..., you could ask for a behavioural change. But that would not be done by me because I don't have time for D:OS modding currently. (... and little motivation to be honest ... ;-)

S
stranger
stranger
S
Great mod, though there is a few things I wish could be tweaked for personal preference. I would do it my self but unfortunately since Divinity Engine Editor is completely broken and unusable that will never happen, especially since the only .pak unpacker available for this game is made by Norbyte who deliberately included a virus in his program.

I really wish there was a version of your mod that had the following tweaks added to it:
- No free starting skillbooks at new crafting area.
- Allow all vendors to keep items you sell again like in vanilla.

Other than that I love everything about this mod.

A
addict
addict
A

since Divinity Engine Editor is completely broken and unusable

since the only .pak unpacker available for this game is made by Norbyte who deliberately included a virus in his program

Sorry, but what are you talking about?

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Abraxas*

since Divinity Engine Editor is completely broken and unusable

since the only .pak unpacker available for this game is made by Norbyte who deliberately included a virus in his program

Sorry, but what are you talking about?

First of all if you have ever tried to use Divinity Engine Editor you will know that it does not function properly untill you unpack all the assets inside .pak files.

Secondly to do this you must use the following program to which links are available in this topic provided by Norbyte:
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=572322

And here are the scan results from VirusTotal owned by Google revealing Adware threat on said provided files by Norbyte:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...5c08523ea7a7c9f421324732628907/analysis/

So the problem is... so far I have not been able to find any safer alternatives in extracting the .pak files in order to use Editor to its full capacity. Really wish the devs would have packaged the official packer/unpacker tools with the editor.

Last edited by StarScribe; 02/03/17 03:01 AM.
A
addict
addict
A

So the problem is... so far I have not been able to find any safer alternatives in extracting the .pak files in order to use Editor to its full capacity. Really wish the devs would have packaged the official packer/unpacker tools with the editor.

A lot of files (story scripts, char and item scripts, stats) are stored in 'Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Editor\Templates', at least for the Steam version of the Editor (don't know if they finally added the files to the GOG version as well). Cadmus88 from Larian has also provided a download link in this thread:
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=582571#Post582571

But even without those files the editor is far from being 'completely broken and unusable'.

I don't want to abuse FrauBlake's thread for off-topics, but since you brought that up (and I'm interested in what this is about):

Indeed, it's a questionable find, but I would really wonder if Norbyte 'deliberately' added adware to his tools; and to accuse him of doing so, in passing and without evidence, is not acceptable, especially considering the amount of time he invests to continuously support us.
It's even yet unclear if this might be a false alarm of Comodo; Comodo is the only software (of 57 antivirus softwares) which seems to detect this.
The affected file, as the report says, is LZ4.dll. From a research, and looking at the file itself, it can be seen that it's a compression method not created by Norbyte but someone called Milosz Krajewski who translated LZ4 to C# (the original author of LZ4 is Yann Collet). So if there's adware included, it might come from sources previous to Norbyte or be an infection from other sources (I'm not familiar with these things); it most likely does (file analysis of LZ4.dll from 2015; and again, only Comodo detecting this):

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...9c9cfb566b9a529fad3e7b1db1cf99/analysis/

What to conclude from this, I'm uncertain. But I'm sure the best thing would be to inform Norbyte about this issue.

Edit: All right, posted it in Norbyte's thread: EE pak extractor.

Last edited by Abraxas*; 02/03/17 07:34 PM.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I would hazard a guess that a false positive is the most likely explanation.

May I ask that this discussion is continued in the PAK extractor topic? It's more likely to get Norbyte's attention there and I'm sure he'll want to get to the bottom of any issue there seems to be.

J'aime le fromage.
F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by Abraxas*

A lot of files (story scripts, char and item scripts, stats) are stored in 'Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Editor\Templates', at least for the Steam version of the Editor (don't know if they finally added the files to the GOG version as well). Cadmus88 from Larian has also provided a download link in this thread:
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=582571#Post582571

But even without those files the editor is far from being 'completely broken and unusable'.

I don't want to abuse FrauBlake's thread for off-topics, but since you brought that up (and I'm interested in what this is about):

Indeed, it's a questionable find, but I would really wonder if Norbyte 'deliberately' added adware to his tools; and to accuse him of doing so, in passing and without evidence, is not acceptable, especially considering the amount of time he invests to continuously support us.
It's even yet unclear if this might be a false alarm of Comodo; Comodo is the only software (of 57 antivirus softwares) which seems to detect this.
The affected file, as the report says, is LZ4.dll. From a research, and looking at the file itself, it can be seen that it's a compression method not created by Norbyte but someone called Milosz Krajewski who translated LZ4 to C# (the original author of LZ4 is Yann Collet). So if there's adware included, it might come from sources previous to Norbyte or be an infection from other sources (I'm not familiar with these things); it most likely does (file analysis of LZ4.dll from 2015; and again, only Comodo detecting this):

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...9c9cfb566b9a529fad3e7b1db1cf99/analysis/

What to conclude from this, I'm uncertain. But I'm sure the best thing would be to inform Norbyte about this issue.

Edit: All right, posted it in Norbyte's thread: EE pak extractor.

I just have to say that every time I tried to download Larian's own analysis tool, the downloaded file got automatically deleted by my virus scanner (Norton).

So it seems like the whole community around Larian and Larian itself must be a bunch of virus spreaders ... ;-)

What I want to say is that there might actually be false alarms. Not a single time Norton complained when I downloaded Norbyte's tool, but it always automatically removed Larian's analysis tool.

And about the editor: I have the Steam version and I have the Editor subdirectory in the game's data directory, and I think the editor needs those files to work. (After all, it's where the story editor takes all the unextracted files for compilation I think.)
The editor does have its problems, but it does in fact work, otherwise you would never have seen XC_Bags released.

About the suggestions:
- As I posted in the mods comment section, I don't remember which skillbooks you mean. But no matter what is meant, you're not required to use them but can sell them, and they will be gone next time you visit this vendor an hour later or after your level up. Others might like them, whatever I included there ;-)

- I consider vendor cleanup as a very important and integral part of XC_Bags; it's only implemented for the real traders, all other npcs don't have this. All the general and crafting tools and the bags were built to make sure accidental selling could not happen easily. (It can still happen of course.)

- removing vendor cleanup would either require releasing yet another version of the mod or a very difficult rework to enable/disable it on-the-fly

- as I said in the Steam section, the new XC Encounters might have left this code piece out, so you could try it, it has the awesome Epic Encounters plus some of XC_Bag's functionality, but not all of it.

- of course it would be nice to be able serve every single different wish of different players, but if I did that, I'd end up with having to support some 20 different versions. I have a lot less time now than I had when XC_Bags was released and bit after that, and I don't want to spend all that diminished free time with supporting released mods.

If you find a way to use the editor:
- you could remove a file called something like XC_Trade.txt from the mod's Data\Mods\<XC_...>\Story\RawFiles\Goals directory and vendors should no longer clean up. If you remove the files though, you'd have to adjust TreasureTable.txt too, because the file does not only contain the cleanup stuff but also stuff like the adding of the treasure maps to the Teller of Secrets, because I removed the respawn of treasure maps from her. (Because map respawn does not make sense for treasure maps.)
- the better thing would be to only remove all code from the KB section of this story file. You'd also have to remove the file '_Trade.txt' from the mentioned directory. That's a file from the vanilla game I had to use to implement someething I could hook into for the whole functionality.

Whatever you'd prefer, you have to compile the story afterwards to make the new story take effect.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Regarding the previous posts about a possible virus, just a quick note in case anyone's missed it: Norbyte has confirmed it was indeed a false positive and VirusTotal's database has now been updated accordingly.

Originally Posted by Norbyte
Update: Got a reply, they apparently fixed it. I'll check it with Virustotal again after its AV version was updated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-2Az7xUaR0XRDRCTXFWbFdQOGc/view?usp=sharing

Edit: Updated: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...7c9f421324732628907/analysis/1488864091/

linky to post in Pak Extractor topic

Now back to the scheduled programme of XC Bags. smile

J'aime le fromage.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Hi,

first of all thanks for your amazing mod, but can you be more clear on this, please?

- arrowhead + new oven: fire arrowhead (Crafting 6)

I am using your mod merged with Epic Encounters and I'm about to pull my hair out. wink

I tried every furnace, oven and cooking thing there is all I get is INVALID.

Thanks! smile

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
I did not make the merged mod, I'm only 'advisor' with it because Smarmbot used parts of XC_Bags.

As he said in the Steam discussion already, he did not include all of XC_Bags' recipes, he left some out, among them the recipe for fire arrowheads from what I understood.

If you'd know how to unpack the mod, you could re-add the recipe for yourself, but I cannot change XC Encounters because it's not my mod, it's Smarmbot's ;-)
I have never taken a close look on Epic Encounters internally, so I don't know, if the guys also added their own recipes. If they did, you cannot take the recipe files from un unpacked XC_Bags and replace the XC Encounters files. In this case, a merge would be required.

Maybe Smarmbot is willing to provide yet another 'Steam supplement' on Nexus only for crafting with all the original recipes from XC_Bags, but that's his decision.

In pure XC_Bags, it's the oven in the crafting area, the cooking pot, that is usable for the recipe.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Originally Posted by FrauBlake
I did not make the merged mod, I'm only 'advisor' with it because Smarmbot used parts of XC_Bags.

As he said in the Steam discussion already, he did not include all of XC_Bags' recipes, he left some out, among them the recipe for fire arrowheads from what I understood.

If you'd know how to unpack the mod, you could re-add the recipe for yourself, but I cannot change XC Encounters because it's not my mod, it's Smarmbot's ;-)
I have never taken a close look on Epic Encounters internally, so I don't know, if the guys also added their own recipes. If they did, you cannot take the recipe files from un unpacked XC_Bags and replace the XC Encounters files. In this case, a merge would be required.

Maybe Smarmbot is willing to provide yet another 'Steam supplement' on Nexus only for crafting with all the original recipes from XC_Bags, but that's his decision.

In pure XC_Bags, it's the oven in the crafting area, the cooking pot, that is usable for the recipe.

Thanks for your reply!

I actually did unpack the mod to verify that the recipes are even in there.

On a quick look I found all the recipes that aren't working (statues, non-magic scrolls/books, multiple arrows, etc), I found fiddling with XML too painful to take a closer look at what is wrong.

I just gave myself firearrows via memory and accepted that many recipes aren't working. smirk

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard