Print Thread
#593664 18/10/16 12:42 PM
R
Rasly Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Well just like with the most disliked Fallout 4, Original Sin 2 is way too depressing, i get that story requires some drama, but i noticed that there are lots of places where it is not required yet still is.

Not going to explain why this is bad, but personaly that makes the game at least 20% worse. Seriously kids that play such games see more horrible things then some people that actually been at real war. It is a surprise that kids have not yet developed some war related syndroms.

Things you could do to solve it: remove or make an option to remove excessive gore. Remove after battle all the bodies. Remove or set optional gore loots.

Rasly #593666 18/10/16 01:10 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm a bit torn. Admittedly the game gave me nightmares (YES I AM A WIMP) but on the other hand, I do appreciate the seriousness and occasional unpleasantness in the storytelling. D:OS was a little too whimsical and this feels a much more heavyweight story so far.

But I do agree that so far it's been a bit too full-on and I would like to see it counterbalanced with a bit more humour. Not in the main story, but I would like to see a few more silly diversions, whether quests or just random observations. They're not completely absent in the alpha, but they are a bit too low-key and few and far between.

Last edited by vometia; 18/10/16 08:11 PM. Reason: pressing the wrong buttons

J'aime le fromage.
Rasly #593667 18/10/16 01:20 PM
A
addict
addict
A
You really should watch your words. Trying to compare what you find 'sad' in this game to real combat veterans and the trauma and horrors they experienced is so disrespectful and removed from reality that it's not even funny. In fact, coming from a military family: i don't have the words that this post evokes from me when I try to reconcile the fact that you don't seem to be intentionally disrespectful...simply uninformed and naive.

Whether the game setting is for you or not is one thing. Don't try to justify or validate it with inane naivity. I'm going to assume you're simply too young to understand the crap coming out your mouth.

Whether or not they have the optional gore or bodies function....well, that isn't a serious consideration I find should be a priority at this time. Whether or not it should be a thing...i call attention to the fact that dead bodies are routinely used in D:OS to warn players of tramps and fights. By removing them, you remove major player hints designed to help the player

EDIT:
In regards to the silly factor; I actually miss the silly comical styles of game one. It gave it character and made it stand out. It also made me laugh routinely

Last edited by aj0413; 18/10/16 01:22 PM.
Rasly #593669 18/10/16 01:29 PM
veteran
veteran
I think neither of these games are really 'kids' games. I don't think kids are the main target group, kids can't really kickstart anyway. Sure, there are some funny or even ridiculous things, like the sneak animation, but the core of each game is not light heartly dogood stuff. It surely not Super Mario RPG or anything like that. Following Sebilles story is surely pretty tough and dark, same goes for all this soul ripping source stuff. But at least here you can fight those evil magister and try to help people, or you can be worse than them and just slaughter everything.

But honestly, seeing and knowing what is happening in the real world is far more traumatizing and often on a daily base, if you don't mimikry the three monkeys. So I do not have really an issue with the darkness, it still only a game and here you can try to fight the evil. It's still softer than for example Wasteland 2.
Your first main event there forces you to sacrifice one of 2 towns, because you can't save both.

Kalrakh #593673 18/10/16 01:55 PM
R
Rasly Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by aj0413
Whether the game setting is for you or not is one thing. Don't try to justify or validate it with inane naivity. I'm going to assume you're simply too young to understand the crap coming out your mouth.
Not sorry but shit is comming out your mouth and you can showe your comment in there as well you sad troll.

Originally Posted by Kalrakh
I think neither of these games are really 'kids' games. I don't think kids are the main target group, kids can't really kickstart anyway. Sure, there are some funny or even ridiculous things, like the sneak animation, but the core of each game is not light heartly dogood stuff. It surely not Super Mario RPG or anything like that. Following Sebilles story is surely pretty tough and dark, same goes for all this soul ripping source stuff. But at least here you can fight those evil magister and try to help people, or you can be worse than them and just slaughter everything.

But honestly, seeing and knowing what is happening in the real world is far more traumatizing and often on a daily base, if you don't mimikry the three monkeys. So I do not have really an issue with the darkness, it still only a game and here you can try to fight the evil. It's still softer than for example Wasteland 2.
Your first main event there forces you to sacrifice one of 2 towns, because you can't save both.
Well by kids i meant anyone less then 20 years :P and yes real life is real but in time you only have memories and they are very similar and can cause limilar discomfort or else. I personaly don't get why games should be so dark, i mean even in dark ages people didn't just left bodies everywhere. I think today developers are just being lazy and resort to drama because it is easy.

Also i don't think that Wasteland 2 is even bad in this case, i have not noticed any excessive drama or depressing scenery in there.

Rasly #593675 18/10/16 02:08 PM
A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Rasly
Originally Posted by aj0413
Not sorry but shit is comming out your mouth and you can showe your comment in there as well you sad troll.

Well, I tried. *shrug* If you want to continue on this path of ridiculousness, then I just hope you never actually get the chance to speak to real veterans who've faced the horrors you so grossly misrepresent. Getting laughed off and insulted will be the least of your worries if they dont decide to knock your teeth in.

Might as well call parents having kids do chores slave labor, all forms of discipline abuse, and so on.

All I did was attempt to inform you that your comparisons are the thing that's seriously out of line here. I could care less about your complaints about a game being 'sad.'

I even attempted to inform you why removing dead bodies whole sale has actual issues outside of whatever emotional response they evoke.

But sure, call me a troll. No skin off my teeth.

Rasly #593683 18/10/16 02:32 PM
veteran
veteran
I'm on aj's side. If were never in a warzone, never had to fight for your life, never had to kill anyone. If you never were a rape victim, you shouldn't even try to talk about something 'traumatizing'. It is just a game, so you can always turn it off, if it gets to much for you. Perhaps you should not even play the game at all. There are many games I will probably never play, because I don't like their core concept or because of the things you would have to do to progress.

Of course people left bodies just lying around, even today a robber hardly cleans up, if he breaks in a house and kills the owners. There are normally other people like the police, who come in and do the cleaning, often days or even weeks when the body is already totally rotten. In some games I find it pretty ridiculous that bodies just dissipate as if you never did anything. Perhaps this fact will make you think twice before you slaughter an NPC just to get his stuff and XP.

Also not sure, if I can take you seriously about Wastelands 2. Apocalyptic world, undermanned sheriffs, having to sacrifice dozens of people to certain death, finding stuff like Wilddogs (or how it name was) rape farm and all the other stuff was not depressing?

Rasly #593686 18/10/16 02:48 PM
veteran
veteran
Well just like with the most disliked Fallout 4, Original Sin 2 is way too depressing, i get that story requires some drama, but i noticed that there are lots of places where it is not required yet still is.

Not going to explain why this is bad, but personaly that makes the game at least 20% worse. Seriously kids that play such games see more horrible things then some people that actually been at real war. It is a surprise that kids have not yet developed some war related syndroms.

Things you could do to solve it: remove or make an option to remove excessive gore. Remove after battle all the bodies. Remove or set optional gore loots.

Several mechanics and skills use blood and corpses to function, plus if you removed all bodies after a battle ends, you can't pick up their loot.

And even if the game were to be completely censored and the blood and gore and bodies were all removed, the whole first area of the game is a horrifying concentration camp where people are tortured into becoming mindless weapons, and it's set on an island full of the horrible tortured remnants of the victims of Braccus Rex. Should that go too?

Rasly #593687 18/10/16 03:01 PM
R
Rasly Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
I can't even take you serious. One suggests that we leave bodies on streets after robbery and another tallks about removing it all.

It is not like i ask impossible, there are other games theat clean the mess to keep scenery, after loot is picked or playeris away. Also i have been talking more about side missions, and they all seems to be drama based. I think game should be fun and drama is not fun.

Rasly #593688 18/10/16 03:02 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Cool it down a bit please, guys. None of that back and forth was really necessary.

J'aime le fromage.
Rasly #593690 18/10/16 03:10 PM
S
S
I wish we could downvote in these forums. Aj made a perfectly legitimate statement and rasly goes full on rage mode again. Don't post if you can't take criticism.

R
Rasly Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Surrealialis
I wish we could downvote in these forums. Aj made a perfectly legitimate statement and rasly goes full on rage mode again. Don't post if you can't take criticism.
Offending someone is not criticism and i don't get how he can do that without consequences here. And thats not rage, i have not even tured on my rude mode yet.

Rasly #593697 18/10/16 03:43 PM
veteran
veteran
I'm not suggesting anything, I'm telling what is happening in real life.

Rasly #593703 18/10/16 03:54 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I don't want to see anybody's rude bits. This is a potentially interesting discussion, let's not spoil it. Otherwise it'll get locked.

J'aime le fromage.
Rasly #593704 18/10/16 04:00 PM
S
S
I'm all for a 'no or less blood option'. The basement full of blood with the tweaker or whatever you call him is unnecessary and uninteresting to say the least.
But Rasly is being rude and trolling in his own thread.

"Not sorry but shit is comming out your mouth and you can showe your comment in there as well you sad troll."

When Rasly said that, not only was it uncalled for and demonstrative of a massive lack of reading comprehension. It was also completely deserving of a forum lock. So bring on your rude bits Rasly, it's mindlessly entertaining, like watching Jerry Springer.

Stabbey #593716 18/10/16 06:42 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by Stabbey

Several mechanics and skills use blood and corpses to function, plus if you removed all bodies after a battle ends, you can't pick up their loot.

This.

Bodies can't be removed so easily because they can be potentially eaten or absorbed as source points (or maybe needed for later quests. I remember at least one occasion in DOS EE where you had to dig up some old bones and burn them).

Also, I would kindly asked everyone to keep calm and polite. Rude mode is not going to be good for anything.

Elwyn #593723 18/10/16 07:56 PM
Support
Support

Civil is fine if you can not manage polite. Actually, even heated is fine, if people stick to the topic, and not make personal attacks, observations and defences.

Offending someone is not criticism

Offence is generally taken, not given.

and i don't get how he can do that without consequences here.

I don't mean to single you out with this response, but since you brought it up:
a) Free speech.
b) Anyone old enough to post on public forums should be able to handle exposure to and discussion of opposing viewpoints.
c) Was it not obvious your own comparison was offensive to at least one person, for reasons stated, even if those reasons were presented in a manner unnecessarily rude? Who's offence should take priority when protecting people from being offended? Should I moderate content based on my own opinions? That would be far more toxic to the forum than an occasional argument possibly getting out of hand.
d) Free speech.

Rasly #593741 18/10/16 11:00 PM
Most people are able to fairly easily differentiate a false reality from real life. I don't speak for everyone obviously, but I personally seek out games that put me in a situation, bad or good, that is radically different from what I experience in real life. This leads to experiencing a lot of extremes that do indeed impact how I feel about the world in one way or the other. But that sort of thought provoking content is exactly that, thought provoking. You don't play a game about the post apocalypse and expect it to be super cheery. Fallout does that to a certain extent to take the edge off of the otherwise completely gloomy setting. This game takes the same approach with some silly elements like pet pal. (there is actually a full thread about this if you want to read more)

The point is, if you don't want to expose yourself to the setting that they have created, then don't. I mean that in the most earnest way possible. Your opinion is important in deciding what you play and depending on what direction they go, this may simply not be the game for you.

On the other hand aj does bring up a point I had not considered and, yes, I think we could all do more to be more conscious of recognizing the seriousness of comparing videogames to real life war in both directions. That's all I'm going to say on the matter because I don't think there was any malicious intent.

Chaotic neutral, not chaotic stupid.
Rasly #593750 19/10/16 02:52 AM
apprentice
apprentice
The OP is clearly detached from reality. You can literally disintegrate people in a ball of fire in this game and you think that removing the bodies would make it, somehow, less strenuous on those poor, innocent 'kids' playing the game? If anybody has a problem differentiating between electrocuting people in a game and the horrific violence that happens in real life, than that person should not be playing game. I assume the OP does not get out of his basement too much....

Rasly #593754 19/10/16 05:51 AM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Since it seems this discussion can't proceed without people making personal attacks, we're done here.

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard