Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Cylion Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
So, just like in DOS1 the crafting system is really, really bad. Not only that it is quite boring and almost useless. In my option, we must learn from our mistakes and from other games.

If it was up to me I should bring the crafting skill back to the game. Make it all in one skill called crafting. To be one crafting master you should also have the knowledge of the materials and location, what I mean by this is that I should like to see crafting being handled by twee skills, crafting and loremaster.

There is one game where the crafting was almost perfect in my option and that was Dragon Age Inquisition. I really loved that each material had it's own attributes, depending on the materials used you should get completely different items from the same blueprints. Another point bring the blueprint system back. And make vendors sell them + the old book system.

The two material system is bad, a bow is not made out of 2 parts but 3, and so on. I should like to use loremaster to learn about the material attributes and crafting to make the item itself. To make the crafting even more in-depth, we could make the parts ourselves.

Example: I gathered a lot of materials, I know their attributes thanks to loremaster. I need a new bow, so I choose the best materials I have, make the handle, the arms and then the string. All 3 elements have their own attributes thanks to the materials used. After that, I combine all 3 parts to make myself a bow.

PS. Sorry for my eng.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
I agree that it is seems useless and need to be reworked. And yes Dragon Age 3 crafting was fun BUT i realy don't want it to become an loot alternative, like to be able to craft better armor and such. I would like crafing to be more like recycling, kind of like when in very first Slayers, in very first Episode, Lina destroyed many small gems to make one big gem to sell it to shop. That is kind of crafting i like.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Cylion
There is one game where the crafting was almost perfect in my option and that was Dragon Age Inquisition.

Didn't read further, sorry.
If DA:I is your example of "good", Larian should definetily not listen to you.

journeyman
journeyman
Just a small note. The crafting system is not fully implemented in this version of the alpha.

C
Cylion Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by JJ_Judge
Originally Posted by Cylion
There is one game where the crafting was almost perfect in my option and that was Dragon Age Inquisition.

Didn't read further, sorry.
If DA:I is your example of "good", Larian should definetily not listen to you.

I accept that as your option, but I can tell you this, played over 300 RPG titles and the crafting in this game is one of the worst. Better just delete it then.

C
Cylion Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by NinjaSteave
Just a small note. The crafting system is not fully implemented in this version of the alpha.

Sure hope so.

veteran
veteran
It is pretty obviously, that the crafting system is not complete. Most recipes are not existant at current state.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I liked DA:I a lot, and it had a fairly functional crafting system. But I preferred D:OS's, however, and I expect that in the fullness of time we'll end up with something that's pretty much its equivalent (better would be nice, but as good as will make me happy).

J'aime le fromage.
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Even if it is going to ge like in first part, it still need reworking.

C
Cylion Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by Rasly
Even if it is going to ge like in first part, it still need reworking.

Yes, 100%

I don't usually partake in crafting in most games so when I saw how bad it was in D:OS1 and how it is now in D:OS2 I decided to pretend it didn't exist and move on with life. The crafting system is obviously flawed if in no other way than usability and presentation are abysmal and both would need to be radically improved before even improving the crafting itself. That said, I'm not a fan of crafting systems in general so my ideal outcome would be if they did little to nothing to the crafting system and focused their efforts elsewhere.

Chaotic neutral, not chaotic stupid.
S
S
Originally Posted by Kilroy512512
I'm not a fan of crafting systems in general so my ideal outcome would be if they did little to nothing to the crafting system and focused their efforts elsewhere.

I liked the old one and the already proposed crafting ideas by Larian sound great to me! So I'll agree with you here. Keep to the original plan with crafting and focus those alpha change efforts elsewhere.

stranger
stranger
For me it is important, that every item is craftable. Even Wands.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard