Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
M
Without being arrested, spotted or killing anyone at all!

Requirement:
With teleportation: At least two characters in the party. Teleportation spells on both of them (easier) or just one pair of teleportation gloves (requires item juggling). Points in sneaking make it easier but most likely not required.

With tactical retreat/cloak & dagger: you probably only need one character.

Last edited by M3SS3NG3R; 26/09/16 06:55 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I actually got there via teleportation, found the people, found the templar dudes and killed them.

Sort of cheapens the entire "turn yourself in so that you get into the prison" plot point. When I did that everyone was already dead - even the fire slugs, so literally the only thing I accomplished was losing my items. This game feels so hollow.

Providing multiple solutions to the same problem makes it feel hollow? I'm confused.

Chaotic neutral, not chaotic stupid.
veteran
veteran
There is no 'turn yourself in' plot point, it's just one solution to get in.

Also regarding the video there is a much easier way, that does not afford fighting either. You would need to teleport only once. ^^

Well, that and kick down a ladder. :P

enthusiast
enthusiast
When I've already been into the dungeon and done everything there is to do in there, I noticed no impact anywhere. Nobody said anything. No progress in any of my quests. Then I was notified by an NPC that I could get into the dungeon another way; perhaps something would happen then? Nope, nothing happened. So what's the dungeon there for?

I even got to the docks via teleporting, killed everybody there and discovered later there was supposed to be some sort of a story relevant to it? That something was supposed to build up to it? So again I felt like I missed out on plot-relevant story payoff. The problem with this current way of doing things isn't the freedom; I love the freedom. The problem is that I feel like I'm in a vacuum, I feel like how I apply that freedom doesn't matter at all.

As for positive stuff, I do like the way sneaking into the castle - teleporting to the scaffolding and sneaking into one of the officials' rooms (the one with the altar and all, and where you hear some plot-related fluff) - was done.

veteran
veteran
Entering the Fort isn't story relevant, leaving it is the mission.

It's hinted pretty strongly a number of places that the main goal is to get off the island. You can also tackle that a number of ways.

Maybe it's not the same for everyone but taking those smug bastards down a peg was reward enough for me in the keep. That being said, there is some lore stuff in the notes laying around, if you didn't read them I might suggest it. It's not going to blow your mind or anything but it sets up what I would assume are plot points down the line.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard