Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 57 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 56 57
Support
Support

If your friend was hosting the game, you shouldn't loose any progress if you crash (on his end you'd just disconnect, and then re-join a few minutes later).

Crashes with a faulting module name KERNELBASE.dll can be caused by many things, and are generally system related.

Try creating a new Windows user account, reboot, select the new account and try running the game from the executable again, by right clicking and running as administrator.

Try checking your system files:
- click Start, type cmd into the search box, right click Command Prompt and select run as administrator.
- type the following command and hit Enter
sfc /scannow
When that is done, type exit and hit Enter, then reboot your computer.
For more details, see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/929833

Try updating or reinstalling the MS VS redistributable (update 3) and .Net.

[support] Failing to launch the game: KERNELBASE.dll error

Programs Crash, error: Fault module kernelbase.dll . Application crash

KERNELBASE.dll Application crash

L
stranger
stranger
L
Ps4 quest war of the stone for some reason i cant pull the 3rd lever it keep saying "cant reach" is it a glitch?

Support
Support

Did you try using the area search function to select the lever? Or try with different characters, etc?

L
stranger
stranger
L
Tried that already and still says cant reach

Support
Support

Did you quit and reload, or teleport to another map area (such as the homestead) and back?

Did you try standing farther away from the lever, and using the left stick button 'selector mode' to interact with it?

L
stranger
stranger
L
Still the same its driving me insane

V
stranger
stranger
V
Never got the device/controller for Arhu's robot. I've talked to Arhu, talked to the Fab Five, searched Arhu's lab and still cannot find the controller. I have the book for the controller but never got the device and cannot find it anywhere! I cannot get past this point in the game because the robot just kills everyone in my party in 1 hit... I have vastly enjoyed the game so far but this is rather annoying. Even doing every other quest I am able to do getting insta-killed by the robot really is killing the game for me as I cannot progress...

Having spent 10 hours in the game I really do not want to start over just to see if I can get the stupid robot controller. Are there any fixes or workarounds for this from what I've read it's a known issue/bug?

Support
Support

Arhu should have the controller, and should give it to you if you ask him about the robot. You may be able to pickpocket it, if he still has it, but I'm not sure what skill/character level and dexterity are required.

There are 3 levers in the cave which (when all pulled) can discharge the robot's main attack, or there are other approaches to handle the fight (a recent Steam discussion: Sparkmaster quest ), or you can use invisibility to bypass the fight, and come back to it later. There may be other areas you can explore, as well, before heading through that cave.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Raze

Arhu should have the controller, and should give it to you if you ask him about the robot. You may be able to pickpocket it, if he still has it, but I'm not sure what skill/character level and dexterity are required.

There are 3 levers in the cave which (when all pulled) can discharge the robot's main attack, or there are other approaches to handle the fight (a recent Steam discussion: Sparkmaster quest ), or you can use invisibility to bypass the fight, and come back to it later. There may be other areas you can explore, as well, before heading through that cave.

Thank you I will try these!

-Update-
There is no option to talk to Arhu about a robot? Also unable to even attempt pick pocketing with level 6 characters. Gonna try using the 3 levers but read that only disables main attack for 1 turn which won't really help very much if I have to keep 3 of 4 characters at the levers..

Last edited by VitaminK; 20/10/16 08:53 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Well when I booted up the game today all the voices were gone. I had just faced Boreas in Hiberheim before getting off last night. I get back on just a bit ago and all the VO is gone; the subtitles still appear, but no one says anything in combat or in normal dialogue. Worse, trying older saved or even starting a new game doesn't fix the issue frown

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Shadovvolfe
Well when I booted up the game today all the voices were gone. I had just faced Boreas in Hiberheim before getting off last night. I get back on just a bit ago and all the VO is gone; the subtitles still appear, but no one says anything in combat or in normal dialogue. Worse, trying older saved or even starting a new game doesn't fix the issue frown

Try the file check through Steam options if not do a clean install. All saves will be fine as long as you have cloud enabled.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
All local saves are in Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<name-of-your-profile>\Savegames_patch so a backup can be made even if no cloud is enabled.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I have more or less the same problem and also already tried both.

Support
Support

Are you also on PS4? Which lever, specifically?

N
stranger
stranger
N
I'm not sure if this has been addressed already, but whenever I try to go down to a cellar or up stairs with a split party, the game crashes to a black screen with a howling wind. I can still see and move my mouse, but that's the only thing that's still there.

I just downloaded it a few days ago so everything should be up to date. The game runs fine otherwise.

Support
Support

Try hitting Home to recentre the camera focus on the lead character, or double click a character portrait.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I'll try hitting home next time, but there are no character portraits. It's just a empty black screen except for the mouse cursor and howling wind noises.

Support
Support

In that case, maybe it isn't simply the camera focus not following the character properly...
If 'Home' doesn't help (or the F1-F4, [ or ] hotkeys), try Alt-Tabbing out of the game and back, or (if possible) bring up the in-game menu, make a named save and see if reloading fixes the problem.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
it might be the wrong thread:
is the achievement "You've Got That Something Special" not working correctly?
The description says "Learn all the skills of one skill tree." which I have done, the limit is 12 skills right? (6 novices, 4 adepts and 2 masters) I even tried to forget some skills and learn the other skills I didn't but I still don't have this achievement.

Support
Support

It should be working. Others have unlocked this achievement, in any case. Yes, AFAIK getting a skill ability up to level 5 and filling all 12 skill slots should unlock the achievement.

Page 46 of 57 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard