Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 52 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 51 52
Support
Support

Do you have a save at that point, or just before? It shouldn't be too hard to reproduce, but a save there, or after if he keeps grunting after reloading, could be handy.
If so, please email it (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) to supportdos2@larian.com, with a brief description or link to this post.

Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames' folder. In Windows Explorer you can zip file(s) and folder(s) by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipper) Folder'.

stranger
stranger
Unfortunately I do not have a save before that point. I just returned to Stingtail and the bug seems to have sorted itself out. Probably due to entering a different zone or reloading a quick save I would assume.

Support
Support

Yes, most likely. The description should be enough to check it out, anyway.

journeyman
journeyman
I am not shure if this has already been postet. I have following problem:
When I have my party together (the paintings are all together so they should move together) and I select not the main character (myself i mean, no mather where I put him/her), all characters move exept my own. Thought it was because of a broken save but now I started 2 different games and it still like that. (it started sometime in the last patch)

Support
Support

Did you try un-linking and re-linking the characters (dragging the portraits)?
All non-lead character in a group should follow, unless the leader is sneaking.

I take it it doesn't matter which companion you switch to, or who you choose for the main character?

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.

Try creating a new profile, then starting a new game to check.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Awesome game so far, a few bug reports and pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/7Yjy6

As you can see, my character is stuck in barrel sneak mode even when sneak is not activated. The barrel persists even after re-sneaking, which is pretty amusing.

Also, the game seems to think tomato sauce is wine.

http://pastebin.com/a2FQ97Np Here's my dxdiag info, if it matters. Thanks!

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Raze

Did you try un-linking and re-linking the characters (dragging the portraits)?
All non-lead character in a group should follow, unless the leader is sneaking.

I take it it doesn't matter which companion you switch to, or who you choose for the main character?

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.

Try creating a new profile, then starting a new game to check.

It does not mather, where I have my character, or what party character I choose. Linking and de-Linking does not help eather. I will try to verify the local files and if that does not help I'll try to create a new Profile...

dumb question: can I use the same savegame with another profile? I know for the *bug* I'll first try a new one, to check if it has something to do with the save file itself.
Thx for the quick answer!

Edit 1: One file was *broken* (sry everything is in german for me so some translations are hard) and got changed. statred the game with my normal profile-> still the same bug.
off to try new profile after redoing the file thingie.

Edit2: Of cause with the new profile, everything works frown guess I gotta replay all again... maybe I'll just wait for next patch, or I'll play with the broken one.

Last edited by Lynoa; 23/10/16 09:54 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Ive just install the new patch and want to start from scratch again hehe.
Started a new custom character and i select the talent: Big and better (2 extra attributes points) OR All set up (the one that gives you 2 skills points).

None of them are working :-S

To reproduce this just:
Select custom character, race dwarf, class fighter (or any other), and click on the customize skills and talents.
There select Big and better

Any idea when this will be fix? Or when will the game will be finally release?

veteran
veteran
Perhaps you will get these points only after you started the game? Did you try that?

R
stranger
stranger
R
Yes it worked!! Very nice tip!

*This should be a hint to the dev team, we should have a warning or something like that that explain when the attributes points will be available.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by ScaryMonster
my character is stuck in barrel sneak mode even when sneak is not activated.

Did you try approaching NPCs?

Try sneaking on grass or sand, rather than wood.

S
stranger
stranger
S

This usually happens when I play for a few hours in the dungeon or something, but this was the first time it happened while in the over world. It makes the game unplayable. Usually I can move away from the affected area, but this time it encompassed all of the starting area.

http://tinypic.com/r/2d1n2ok/9

journeyman
journeyman
So far, awesome game!

I found a game breaking bug that cannot let me finish the chapter ( I guess it's finished after the Alexander Bishop fight).

Bug : Everyone is stuck in combat doing nothing ( When the last character of a Round uses all his action points, the round won't end and everyone looks at each other's beautiful gear forever). Tried fleeing. I'm guessing it's because Alexander Bishop should do or say something relative to me having my seeker friends to take over the big boat.

Steps I've done to arrive at this scenario

Location : In front of the boats at the ruined fortifications where Alexander Bishop is chilling.
Main quest progress : I was level 6 and Gareth wasn't saved but I have cleared Braccus rex's fort.
Maybe important fact : Only my main character has the slave neck choker thing off, the rest still has it, I haven't figured out yet how to remove it.

1. I walked towards the shriekers ( I had the Wand I guess as they died).

2. Started the fight with Alexander Bishop by attacking the wandering magister swordman ( Very far from the rest of the group, at the statue on the right clearing when facing the boats). I was thinking of picking him off before the rest of the magister would arrive.

3. Funny thing, only Alexander and the rogue will join the fight but not the mage, the ranger or the "wolverine" creature. Kill them all ( still far from the rest of the group)

4. I tried to pick off the mage after but he kept on blowing up my party/solo rogue with one spell and I was out of resurrection scrolls so I left them alone and went to finish the main quest ( Save Gareth ) and pick up some res scrolls.

5.Save Gareth, teleported to the camp ( Strangely the lady, Gara..., can't remember her name, the one who slept with Braccus, was dead when I teleported at the camp) then told Gareth I got the wand and we should go kick butts at the beach ( After looting all the sweet stuff from Gara girl's body).

6.I meet with the seekers at the beach, pick up two guys with me, initiated the combat and bam. stuck.

If you need screen shots or more info let me know.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Shabutie
This usually happens when I play for a few hours in the dungeon or something

Did you try making a new named save, exiting and restarting?

What are you system specs, especially the GPU?

Originally Posted by TheMasterRat
Everyone is stuck in combat doing nothing ( When the last character of a Round uses all his action points, the round won't end and everyone looks at each other's beautiful gear forever).

Please email supportdos2@larian.com, with a save at that point, and one before starting the fight (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames' folder. In Windows Explorer you can zip file(s) and folder(s) by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipper) Folder'.

T
stranger
stranger
T
One bug concerning the Attar of the Blood Rose permanent stat boost. It seems that the +memory component does NOT actually allow you to memorize any additional abilities despite the in-game graphics suggesting I had an extra available slot.

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
Found a bug, listed on Steam and re-listing here, I haven't read the entire thread so sorry if this has already been reported:

vision cones/circles stuck on

2 party members, both in stealth. 1 was seen by a void-tainted turtle (wrong name i'm sure) on the beach. 2nd member never entered combat. I took control of the member in combat, ran around behind a rock and entered stealth. After a few ended turns to ensure they weren't chasing me, I hit leave combat to be teleported back to the shrine next to the crashed ship, and have the stealth vision cones visible for both friendly and enemy units, whether or not I am in stealth.

These cones still display correctly (i.e. when I enter stealth it turns to a cone, outside stealth it's a circle), but it displays on the mother and child atop the hill, as well as the child by the shrine next to the ship.

This covers my actions in full (to ensure the bug is reproducible), I assume it is something as simple as fleeing combat whilst in stealth. This information is simply to cover all the basis.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
It does get stuck occasionally: just press left-shift to cancel it if it's being annoying. I also got the highlight characters toggle for some reason (probably my clumsy fingers misbehaving) so if it's that, the grave accent key should get rid of it again.

J'aime le fromage.
J
stranger
stranger
J
Just found a nice strategy, but probably a bug.

If you enter a combat with 1 character, while the others are too far and sneaking, then can thereafter move into the combat undetected (even in front of the enemy) and attack them by surprise.

Seems too nice to be normal, especially with the scoundrel talent which makes 500% damage)

veteran
veteran
I think this is quite a common tactic, but most just put the other heros into sneaking an place them ambush like in advance. It kind of make 'ambushs' pretty pointless or help to devastate half of the enemie team before the fight really started. It's kind of an abuse of the real-time outside and turn-based in fight stuff.

With sneaking, hight advantage(, guerilla) and snipe you probably can even kill them off without getting into fight, if you are far enough and manage to onehit the target.

D
stranger
stranger
D
So dunno if this is the play for this but i noticed 2 bugs that kinda bother me. The first being when you remove the helmets(with the tick box) and load a game sometimes the characters appear bald. Not that big of an issue. The bigger issue is a large glitch i found at the gate from the main part of the island to the restricted access part, spoilers.

So what happened is i placed a bunch of barrels around the guards, got my team sneaking except one. I then had the red prince use his fire breath on the dog, and the guard with a poison barrel and fire barrel between them. It glitches out allowing me to be in a combat stance but not be in actual combat, and just walk up and punch the guards to death. The camera also gets stuck sadly.

Page 21 of 52 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 51 52

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard