Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Nyanko Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
I was missing it when early access started. So thanks for allowing us to customize everything in character creation this time. It's an awesome patch just for the sake of it smile

veteran
veteran
Well, we can't customise EVERYTHING yet. Voices are still missing.

Personally I'm a big fan of the silent protagonist. I REALLY like how your dialogue options are ideas rather than statements. It allows you to imagine how your character actually approaches the situation.

Chaotic neutral, not chaotic stupid.
veteran
veteran
But you still see, what they actually say?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Voices are still missing.

I'd prefer armor color to override the ones each piece has by default.

journeyman
journeyman
This isn't D&D, I'm not paying someone to tell me to use my imagination.

I know some people are okay with it but the 2nd person dialogue style seems to be divisive at best, and violates the cardinal "show, don't tell" rule.

Well... I mean it's an immersive isometric RPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate/NWN/etc so it kind of is supposed to be like DnD. The extent to which that is true is a matter of opinion, I suppose. Hence why I stated my preference instead of saying, "This is the way it must be."

Chaotic neutral, not chaotic stupid.
M
addict
addict
M
Can starting equipment also be customized? That was requested for D:OS 1 as well, but as far as I know it's still not an option in D:OS 2.

veteran
veteran
The equipment is defined by the class, just take the class with the correct equipment and then change the other stuff like you want it to have. The equipment anyway only defines what weapon setup up you want to start with. (Something that often does not last long anyway depending on loot drops)

M
addict
addict
M
Ah, OK - so it's a roundabout way of doing it, but I guess class selection gets you to the same place as far as choosing starting equipment. Thanks.

veteran
veteran
Classes are probably quite pointless, because the concept is: You can start as one thing and end as something completely else. But I think they make it easier for new players. Old players will change it anyway to the way they prefer it.

M
addict
addict
M
Yeah, my personal preference would be to just have everything individually and directly customizable (abilities, starting level 1 equipment, player tags, etc.) rather than relying on the artificial construct of a "class," but I completely understand their decision. Everything seems to be basically fully customizable in the way you mentioned anyway, so no big deal.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
If you would like even more customization, there is a way to fully customize 4 starting characters for single player!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyDZlMZfpQs

JpBruiser
H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Originally Posted by Mikus
Ah, OK - so it's a roundabout way of doing it, but I guess class selection gets you to the same place as far as choosing starting equipment. Thanks.

Yeah, select 'class' from starting equipment and make a customised character with that equipment.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard