Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Lar
The repair consumables are a try-out & you'll see us try a few others ideas in that area. We want repair in there to associate a cost with bashing in things etc... A consumable equates it to a gold investment. The idea has sufficient merit to try out.
In DOS EE I had to spend go through each character repairing after each fight. If I have to not only do this but also buy (I don't care about the cost it is the hassle) disposable hammers it will be just horrible.

Penalising bashing something by default is a good idea for sure - but why not make it just tiresome to do it. If someone has to spend an hour and a half to bash open a chest or door they don't have a key for then good luck to them. It is still a cost (of their time). Or increase the damage chests do to weapons.

Or let me buy extra repair hammers out of the ether. I don't want to trudge back to town to buy a hammer because I only brought 7 instead of 8 and I can't repair my third party members gloves - it is silly.

And magnifying glasses?? That is bizarre. I don't know if you ever watch antique roadshow TV programs but the experts don't tend to hit things with their identifying glasses. They just look through them and presumably spend on loremaster skills (perhaps through student loans) instead.

Anyway - will try it and see. Perhaps it just sounds even worse wink

Originally Posted by lx07

And magnifying glasses?? That is bizarre. I don't know if you ever watch antique roadshow TV programs but the experts don't tend to hit things with their identifying glasses. They just look through them and presumably spend on loremaster skills (perhaps through student loans) instead.

I find this to be extremely strange also, especially since their justification for the repairs is cost for not having "rogue" skills.

With that train of thought the glasses should actually be scrolls used by parties who don't have a loremaster. Perhaps change the glasses back and add scrolls that break but identify items without a loremaster? I think that fits much better with the design philosophy they have expressed elsewhere.

Chaotic neutral, not chaotic stupid.
S
Banned
Banned
S
The latest patch is a curious beast. Great improvements all round - then one-use identifying glasses and repair hammers??? Er... I think I'll be waiting out another patch or two before a replay, so.

The identifying aspect didn't seem to necessitate such a harsh overhaul. In hindsight, I actually like the 'Christmas wrapper' mechanic behind it: wait for the wrapping removal before the present is revealed. Seemed to be fine the way it was, with its main cost coming from point investment in loremaster.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Any update on the dual screen gamepad controlling?

M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by smokey
The latest patch is a curious beast. Great improvements all round - then one-use identifying glasses and repair hammers??? Er... I think I'll be waiting out another patch or two before a replay, so.

The identifying aspect didn't seem to necessitate such a harsh overhaul. In hindsight, I actually like the 'Christmas wrapper' mechanic behind it: wait for the wrapping removal before the present is revealed. Seemed to be fine the way it was, with its main cost coming from point investment in loremaster.

Yep, there's lots of discussion elsewhere about how to fix the terrible repair/identification mechanics. I'm hoping for one-click repair/automatic identification myself.
We'll see in the next patch.

To be honest I'm really disappointed of the latest patch.

Very few new things, and instead of fixing bugged old stuff, it was just removed. (how much value do all the charts have if almost nothing is available to compare it...)
Also... one use identifying glasses...? Hell, no.

Right now the games loses integrity with every patch, exactly the opposite of why I backed the game.

Last edited by Seelenernter; 26/10/16 12:49 PM.

Think for yourself! Or others will do it...
enthusiast
enthusiast
The devs hear you, and these will be fixed if enough people don't like it. At least I think so. Thank god this is just the early alpha though.

Haven't played this patch yet, but it seems overall very promising! Except for the aforementioned identifications, of course. Are there even enough identifying glasses in the game to make up for all the loot you need to identify?

Last edited by Kelsier; 26/10/16 06:12 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kelsier
The devs hear you, and these will be fixed if enough people don't like it. At least I think so. Thank god this is just the early alpha though.

Haven't played this patch yet, but it seems overall very promising! Except for the aforementioned identifications, of course. Are there even enough identifying glasses in the game to make up for all the loot you need to identify?

It's cheap to just have vendors ID the items, and most of the uncommon items you discover do not require any identifying at all.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, I usually do that anyway.

J
stranger
stranger
J

Totally missed the point here. What do student loans have to do with antique expertise or any programs?

Time to re-read the source:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1712732 domyhomework4me.onl

Last edited by john1nicholson1; 12/11/20 11:47 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard