Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Alright, thus far I've found pieces of Braccus' armor in these locations:

1) Boots of Braccus Rex: In the secret chamber inside Fort Joy which you visit during Whitemoore's quest.
2) Helmet of Braccus Rex: in the vault with the cursed lever, in the same area where you have to rescue Gareth.
3) Greaves of Braccus Rex: Tower with lightning clouds past the woman that caused your ship to shipwreck, on a corpse.
4) Armor of Braccus Rex: Inside the Illusionist's Vault.

5) Gauntlets of Braccus Rex: where are these?! I suspect they can be found inside Braccus' Laboratory, specifically inside that sarcophagus that couldn't be opened. Can anybody confirm this?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
There was another topic about this a while back: doesn't look like anyone ever found any gloves, though (unless I just missed it).

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by vometia
There was another topic about this a while back: doesn't look like anyone ever found any gloves, though (unless I just missed it).

Aye, that's why my suspicion is that the gauntlets are inside the locked sarcophagus inside Braccus' Vault. The more I think about it, the more I think that either

A) there are no gauntlets whatsoever

or

B) the gauntlets are inside that tomb that can't yet be opened due to a bug/error/whatever (unless the latest patch has fixed it?)

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm just assuming the former until they eventually turn up! Could be a bug, though, I mean the guy with Braccus' mace didn't turn up in my last game after I cured the piggies of their fiery misfortune, for instance.

I'm not sure about the tomb. It seems to be a doorway to the cave below: I'm guessing that's what's triggered if you let your characters auto-pathfind there way out of Braccus' lair.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
There is also a spear of Bracchus, where you find the Withermoor guy and a ring, I think by the Illusionist himself. But the later is curse, not sure if it is possible to uncurse it.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Ye, I already knew where to find the spear, still thanks regardless for pointing its location out. It's just that I am an obsessive-compulsive completionist and not finding braccus' gauntlets is driving me nuts hahaha

S
stranger
stranger
S
The gloves are obtainable:

They are located in the building at the end of the Gargoyle Maze in the tomb with a lid that is "too heavy" to be lifted. Use a trap disarm kit on the tomb lid and it will trigger a poison trap. The gloves will also fall out of the tomb.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Blimey! I never thought of trying that.

But I'm now mystified about where the door to the cave is, as I'd assumed it was the coffin.

Last edited by vometia; 26/10/16 09:15 PM. Reason: lack of spoiler tag oopsie

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Spectre_777

They are located in the building at the end of the Gargoyle Maze in the tomb with a lid that is "too heavy" to be lifted. Use a trap disarm kit on the tomb lid and it will trigger a poison trap. The gloves will also fall out of the tomb.

Great catch!

It is also possible to lift the lid with just Strength.

I had a character stack Strength gear and buff with Clear Minded, Bedroll, Human Racial, and all 3 Blood Rose Elixirs who was able to lift it. This character had 0 level-up investment in Strength.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by vometia
Blimey! I never thought of trying that.

But I'm now mystified about where the door to the cave is, as I'd assumed it was the coffin.

I had assumed that was the case as well. I guess we are stuck walking through the front door on the beach if want blood roses.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Spectre_777

Finally! I knew they were inside that tomb! Thanks pal!

journeyman
journeyman
The problems with all of Braccus Rex's stuff are that positive stats on it are underwhelming and they are cursed but the curses are not mentioned in the description since the new patch. You can find gear with better stats so there isn't any reason to acquire the set, leave lone wear it. The curse effects cannot be removed with bless as far as I tried and the negative stats don't help.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by rnarchlord
The problems with all of Braccus Rex's stuff are that positive stats on it are underwhelming and they are cursed but the curses are not mentioned in the description since the new patch. You can find gear with better stats so there isn't any reason to acquire the set, leave lone wear it. The curse effects cannot be removed with bless as far as I tried and the negative stats don't help.

Oh, I'm perfectly aware that Braccus' set of armor is crap and is easily overshadowed by random loot once you get past lvl 5-6, I'm just a completionist who loves finding every single piece of unique items available laugh

veteran
veteran
Have you tried casting Bless on the cursed equipment TWICE? I think I heard that might work.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Could they make the unique weapons / armors scale automatically with level, at least the unique UNIQUE ones like Braccus' stuff?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Have you tried casting Bless on the cursed equipment TWICE? I think I heard that might work.

Currently there is no way to select an item and cast a spell on it so casting Bless on Braccus' stuff is undoable if you are not wearing it. And the only thing I could uncurse temporarily was his ring while a character was wearing it. When he removed it and gave it to another character to use the curse returned. I just collect it in a separate backpack.

D
stranger
stranger
D
How do you remove the curse from the lever?

Support
Support

Cast Bless on the lever, and/or the blood around it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It has to be the blood around it, now. Casting Bless directly on the lever doesn't work since the patch.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Anyone tried wearing the full set and using the helmet's ability 5 times? Maybe Krylr comes out stronger. The helmet did have better stats after killing him, it was better that any helmet i could find in shops.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard