Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Y
I think it is a bad idea to give races specific attributes like the lizard always gets +2 intelligence and the elves get +2 finesse
Because it feels like the stats are wasted when I want to play a warrior lizard or a mage elve
And also It feels awkward knowing that you picked '' the wrong race '' for a Specific class
how do you guys feel about that ?

Last edited by Youphreak; 02/12/16 09:36 PM.
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
I agree, i like those corpse eater and petrify stuff more as they are flexible across the classes.

old hand
old hand
Yeah, it's kind of annoying, but quite a common aspect of multiple races. They probably could do something the attributes are more universally beneficial, like lizards get +1 memory, elves get +X% dodge chance, dwarves get +con (they might already, not sure), etc.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Ludvig
I agree, i like those corpse eater and petrify stuff more as they are flexible across the classes.

My feelings precisely.

The stats have effects beyond the damage boost; elves do in effect have a better dodge chance because of the +2 finesse, which makes it reasonably useful regardless of the character's combat style. Likewise, the human +2 Wits adds to crit chance and initiative, which are useful to everyone.

Intelligence and Strength give additional magical/physical armor. This is likewise universally useful, although they amount that they add probably isn't as helpful with the current numbers. Lizards also get a boost to their breath weapon from Int, so there is that.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard