Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#596342 05/12/16 01:02 AM
Le Gord Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Since right now i dont have PC to test the new patch, i ll post some skills i thought it could be good.

I ll put a "new mecanic" that will be call "Linked spells" this linked spells, will be spells that at the time you use them, you will instantly loose your turn and you will be channeling this spell till you can play again, this means that you can be interrupted in the meanwhile.

The numbers next to the spell name will be, in this order: Skill Point / Memory Slots / Action Points / Source Points

Necromancy:

-Bone Armor (1/1/1/-): Destroy a corpse on your feet (lowrange), shielding yourself with their bones, incrising physical armor by X.

-Corpse Explotion (1/1/2/-): -Mid range spell- Detonate a corpse letting it bones and boiling blood spread over the area dealing X dmg. Have 30% chance to cause bleed on anyone near the explotion (bones)

-Rot (1/1/1/-): - Mid range spell - Quickly decay a corpse, letting it rot spread over the air, creating a deadly fog that can cause anyone standing in it Disease or Decaying touch.

-Vampiric kiss (1/1/1/-): Instantly bite enemys neck (lowrange) dealing X dmg and restoring X to heal. This spell go through Magic and Physical armor.

-Possesion (1/1/2/-) : LINKED SPELL!!! - You posses an enemy body, making you able to control it on their turn. When possesing an enemy, you recive 50% more dmg. (Wide-Range)

-Enhance Weapon (1/1/1/-) : You enhance your weapon with the souls of the dammed, now your weapon can hit MID-RANGE foes, even if your weapon is melee (like staff or swords) Least for 2 turns.

-Soul Bolt (2/3/2/1): You posses someone with part of your soul, now he deals 50% less dmg and get Slowed, also 20% of all the healing he recive will be redirected to you. You loose 20% of your total HP till the soul comes to you again (by killing the enemy)

Phyro:

-Fire Ring (1/1/2/-): You create a ring of fire that surround your chest, and then expande it till banish in the air (Wide range) the ring hit X and has a chance to burn anyone that touch it.

-Fenix Claws (1/1/1/-): You loose your weapon till the end of the turn, now you can deal X dmg with your fist (2 times) and has a chance to burn enemys. every hit, cost 2 AP.

-Propell (2/3/2/-): You propell your self to the located direction, leaving a trail of fire in the path (mid range)

-Fire Link (2/3/2/1?): LINKED SPELL!!! - You link yourself with the target, dealing him X DMG and chance to burn him. TIll your next turn, if the target moves, there is a small chance he recive X DMG and burn himslef, also everyone that touch the "firelink" between you and him, will be DMG with a samll % of getting burn.

-Disarm(1/1/2/-): You heat up an enemys weapon,making him unable to use it for 1 turn. Gandalf :$

Hydro:

-Water Whip (1/1/1/-) You loose your weapon and you create a water whip, that can hit mid-range foes and has a chance to appli wet, also has 30% chance to couse bleed. The Water whip will least till the end of the turn.

-Water Prision (1/1/2/-): -The enemy need to be standing on a water surface - You consume the water surface and you create a prision arround him that will have X HP, making him unable to move till its destroyed. Least 2 turns (have 100% water resist, but -100% fire resist)

-Snow Storm (2/3/2/-): You create a snow storm, slowing everyone standing in and chilling them, also freeze water surfaces. Least 2 turns.

-Force Wave (2/3/2/1): You create a massive wave from youself or a water surface and redirected it to X location. In its path, the wave will pushback (chance to knockdown) everyone and will deal small dmg, leaving them wet. The wave will travel Mid distances and will turn off fire surfaces.

-Holy Mantle (2/3/2/1?): MID range - Self or not, you cast and you protect the target with a water mantle, that will increase 50% water resist and will make the target inmune to burn. At the end of the target turn, the mantle will heal him X ammount and will jump to a random allie. 2 charges.

-Healing Blossom (2/3/2/1): LINKED SPELL!!! - You cast on a location a water bubble. Each turn that ANYONE in the battle "pass" its turn, you will increase the waterr bubble healing 10%. If you got interrupted or not (reaching your next turn normaly) the bubble will explode, healing X ammount to all the allies standing in the radius.

If i got more ideas to the other trees i ll post them! plz let me know what you think, specially if if u dont like it.

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
Great ideas though i rather they create a new skill tree than expand on the current magic based skill trees which are already pretty hefty themselves. Martial skills, non-magic could use some love, Defender skill tree, Bard, Unarmed Combat etc.

veteran
veteran
Unfortunately you can pretty much rule out any new skill trees like Defender, Bard, and Unarmed. Larian only wanted to add in two to the game as Kickstarter Stretch goals, and the backers voted for Polymorph and Summoning.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Pity. I would've been interested to see how the bard tree turns out, instead of getting more of the same old meh like polymorph and summoning, which are always my skills of last resort where they are available. But I suppose magic needed an extra couple of schools...

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
I like Fire link the most, where you basically make a connection to an enemy (or possibly an ally?), and anyone between you and the linked character takes damage when one of you move (or start their turn in the fire link, perhaps).

I also like the idea of Enhance Weapon, where you increase the range of your melee weapon, though I think that'll end up being a polymorph spell (from what I remember Swen saying).

Possession could be fun, sort of like a weak charm where you lose your own control to control an enemy, though I'm not sure if the game mechanics would make that easy to implement.

Healing Blossom is also neat, though again, don't know if it needs to be channeled. It'd be kinda cool and bizarre if when it exploded after 3 turns, say, it actually dealt damage instead of healing, so you could use it as a staging area while enemies come at you, and by the time they get there, it'll explode and hurt them instead.

I'm not sure if the Linked Spell concept is necessary, though it would open up new options. I'd probably just call it "Channeled." Basically, the idea is that if you get stunned or knocked down while channeling, it'll stop the spell? I guess there's room for allowing damage to break the channeling too.

Le Gord Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Baardvark
Basically, the idea is that if you get stunned or knocked down while channeling, it'll stop the spell? I guess there's room for allowing damage to break the channeling too.

Yes, thats exactly the idea, i didnt thought about DMG interrupt, but that could be too.

And yes, its a new mechanic that allow the game to be more tactical, since, as you said, linked fire could use on an alli, and then telep him, you also can charm someone with the link, and of course you can make a mess if the linked one use that link on his advantage.

Its just a new concept, that i thought it could be fun.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Corpse manipulation is probably the least helpful and far too situational.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard