Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
(SLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

While I was feeding my cat, I was letting my party auto figure a path back to the Lucian Shrine from south of the Castle Fort you save Gareth at. It's in the marshy area further south of the bridges with ladders going up and down that is directly south of the Castle draw-bridge.

The Red Prince picked a path through the MASSIVE group of enemies about thirty yards from the second bridge. All undead except this Naga looking Voidwoken. My other characters made it so I've tried luring them North and killing a couple.

FAIL.

They are all one level higher and have good AI here. Plus, the Huge Voidwoken can port himself... I thought I was saved because he couldn't climb the ladders to get to me.. nope.

I tried sneaking in from East of that area and can get to The Red Prince there, but it's no good. I aggro all of them the second I restore him because he is directly in the sight of the big Voidwoken and two other mobs.

I really need some good advice here from some better players than I am.

I'm grateful for all and any feedback you may think helpful.

Thanks horsey

I just came back from the dead last night.
addict
addict

Go back to the seeker camp first and buy stuffs from Gareth. He sells ridiculous gear that can be used to make fight way easier.

The most dangerous thing to look out for really is the Chain Lightning and Pain Shackle used by the void woken. You need to be able to take out the mage ASAP. You can teleport the archer to somewhere away from the fight and there's a chance it will bug out and just run around randomly before ending its turn every time.

But if there's no choice, reloading is an option. It really depends on your build because a good Dual knife + Archer build can easily kill the mage before it even acts.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Oh, yeah, that group of bad guys are notorious bastards. Avoid them until much later; I've been repeatedly pwned by them when I'm ill-prepared (okay, I'm always ill-prepared, but gaining more experience and better gear helps). I've found the aerothurge guy the most annoying as he can permastun my entire party if I'm not careful so I tend to focus on taking him down first.

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Good to know it's not just me. But, my primary DPS is stuck in there, dead, and I have to get him.

So, I am currently winning this attempt. The Voidwoken is so aggressive that it kept ruining my plans. I used that against him by drawing him way north of the battlefield, he ports, so use your fastest character (Sebille in my case) and haste them, use Encourage, and Bedroll just before you aggro. Multiple bonuses to attributes and the speed to run back to where my other two characters are.

x:428 y:200

^That's where I drew them too. The Voidwoken is easy to take down if he's alone, even with only three characters. Just ensure you've got good gear and are at least level 5 before trying my plan here.

So they're bottlenecked at that location. And a few mobs still aren't engaged. They are next to The Red Prince's body. I can clean them up easily when I'm done here.

If you can't take more than a few at a time, that's okay. Just get the Voidwoken first and escape. Then come back, kill a couple more skeletons and escape. Repeat that until the battle is doable for you.

EDIT

I forgot, the most important strategic choice of mine here. I moved two sets of oil/poison barrels directly in to the only path the mobs can take to get to me. So when Sebille clears that area, I detonate them all. Then I use arrows, bombs, and spells to keep a massive area full of nasty status affects that constantly inhibits the mobs' progress. This was critical to me winning (which I am two kills from acheiving now!)

Last edited by The Dude Abides; 08/12/16 09:18 PM.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The guy next to Lucian Statue sells great gear too. I bought a ton of stuff for everyone immediately after meeting him. Also, the woman who took down the ship you came in on has good gear sometimes too.

I appreciate the tip on Gareth. Right now I'm in the middle of annihilating the enemies I posted about. After this I'll be heading straight to the Seekers, lol.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
If you can buy/find some immunity to stun gloves. Sometimes Gareth or the guy next to Lucian Shrine sell them, sometimes you can find them in the hidden treasure just to the north.

Immunity to stun is also extremely helpful for the necro-witch in the cave as she is a very tough fight now.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard