Next Thread
Print Thread
I
Ihtomyt Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
Sometimes a companion will take a route that will lead it into a "hostile territory" when not directed to do so by player movement. I don't mean that the player has moved toward hostile territory but is trying to position "just outside" it... I mean, in no way, shape, or form, did the player move toward this hostile territory (in fact, the last time this occurred to me I was in the inventory and did not click on the world for certain). Interacting with something else, or moving in a direction that should not cause the companion to do so causes the companion to take a long and nonsensical route and trigger hostile characters.

This isn't a big deal in an alpha/beta in classic mode, but if this never gets fixed, I would never play honour mode, that's for sure.

I
Ihtomyt Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
I have an update on this. Ladders are not the only reason this happens, but they do tend to increase the odds of this problem. While in an area with lots of ladders, my companions did not follow my party leader, and therefore died to a trap while running the wrong direction around the area as the party leader descended the ladder. Again, this doesn't only happen due to ladders though, but it seems to make it worse.

Unhooking companions and controlling them one at a time is not a real solution. This is unacceptably tedious, and it also makes some characters lag far behind if a combat encounter occurs. Can companion "wandering" just be entirely disabled so they just follow the leader directly as in previous games?

stranger
stranger
This issue caused me about a days worth of trouble trying to revive The Red Prince. He wandered in to a massive group of mobs and died in the middle. I finally was able to kill them all just a minute ago but I think there should be better path AI written. In general, it's pretty good. But the shortest path should be rerouted if it's through a group of enemies that are visible.

There is a full account of what happened and how I solved it in a topic under the Tips/Tricks forum.

I just came back from the dead last night.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard