Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#547882 25/08/14 07:19 AM
OP Offline
Heya guys. Sorry it took so long but I've been away on personal business haha.

The stealth animation(the bushes and rocks) looked rather dumb for the mod im working on as its pretty serious. So i made this and im releasing it as a standalone as i promised a few people here.

Code
https://www.mediafire.com/?vx5476qb0ybptwi

download it and extract it to /divinity - Orginal Sin/Data/Public/Main/Assets It must be in the assets folder. If you dont see this directory then make it yourself

This is a fairly simple mod. At a later time, when we can import models and animations easier, i'd like to redo this a bit better. But for now its better then nothing.

Happy hunting

Last edited by Demonata08; 25/08/14 08:27 AM.
OP Offline
Hoping this is working for everyone whose tried it. Haven't received any feedback either way. xD

V
stranger
stranger
V
Well, then, I'll be first it seems...

Good mod! Removing the bush/rock was a good idea! Would be cool to make your character half transparent too but I think it would just be a waste of time for, nothing much actually (Unless you only need to change a setting or two but I would doubt it!)... Good job!

Thanks for the mod!

Last edited by Vortaka; 01/09/14 07:25 PM.

Hey... Class and Alignment doesn't work well... I'm a Chaotic Good Rogue... Oh, wait, this isn't D&D... :p
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Vortaka
Well, then, I'll be first it seems...

Good mod! Removing the bush/rock was a good idea! Would be cool to make your character half transparent too but I think it would just be a waste of time for, nothing much actually (Unless you only need to change a setting or two but I would doubt it!)... Good job!

Thanks for the mod!

The way stealth is implemented, its completely hard coded so i cant change the way it works. I can change what it shows for the rock and bush which is what im working on now. I'm thinking a model that is transparent that makes the character transparent. When we get a better model importer i plan on tweaking it a bit. But for now i figured it would be better for nothing.

Also no problem. Thanks for the feedback. i was beginning to think nobody could see the post despite the views and downloads lol

Last edited by Demonata08; 02/09/14 04:32 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Oh my goodness. You sir, are one of life's Most Awesome People.

I am utterly and completely unapologetic for bumping a 5 month old thread, that's how important this is to the sanity of all Scoundrels everywhere.

Please, I urge my fellow Scoundrels, do what the man said and get...This...MOD!

Take his rar files and unzip...err...unrar it to your:

/divinity - Orginal Sin/Data/Public/Main/Assets

folder. You'll end up with another set of folders as follows:

/divinity - Orginal Sin/Data/Public/Main/Assets/Effects/Effects_Models

In the Effects_Models folder will be the .GR2 files that work the magic.

THANK YOU DEMONATA!

stranger
stranger
Thank you so much wink

stranger
stranger
i ve replaced the animations by the walk anim wink

Better for me.

mediafire

1) download by the demonta link.
2) download my fix.

Last edited by FantasyWarrior; 16/04/15 11:30 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Demonata any chance of adding this to Nexus? smile

Visibility helps not only you (you may not care,so ok) but also Larian. On top of that, it's a bit more safe than mediafire. Link available now, gone come next year..

Do give it a though please!

Pride, honour and purity
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Hey I cant seem to get that mod to work. I have Divinity downloaded from Steam. I created the location to look like this and plopped it in.

Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Data\Public\Main\Assets\Effects

I Boot up the game and I see no change. Am I missing an obvious modder step here? Is it because it went to my "Documents" and not program files or something?

Support
Support

Yes, it should be in the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Public\Main\Assets' folder.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Excellent. That was it, thanks Raze. I just checked and it works. That is so much more to my liking with no goofy rock/shrub etc. I wanted desperately to play as rouge and I was ready to build around with no sneak / no guerrilla.

T
stranger
stranger
T
It isn't working for me.
I've placed it in gog games>Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition>Data>Public>Shared>assets>effects>effects_models

Nothing happens.
I hope I can get it to work, as the animation makes me not want to do stealth at all.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Annnnnd I'm an idiot.
Got it working. Thanks soooo much. You rule.

OP Offline
Hey guys. First of all thanks for the compliments. So sorry I haven't looked at this in so long. I got a lot of messages about it and I'm not continuing to support it. Anyone can do whatever they like with it I do not care. Thanks everyone.

Link Copied to Clipboard