Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 52 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 51 52
veteran
veteran
Ah, here is the place to post these. Okay!

3.0.16.252 Bugs

- [Oversight] In the fort, the far crate at 187,192 can't be reached. It's not a case where Telekinesis seems useful either since it's just a random-almost-certainly-empty crate.

- [Display] If you fail in the arena, after you are returned to the prison, your health bar displays an incorrect number even though your health under the portrait is full. It was stuck at 11/32 even switching to characters with 30 or 34 max HP.

- [Lore Mistake] Taking to Magister X with the Scholar tag produces "[No Divine around] may be a first in Rivellon's history." That is not at all true, Zandalor said there hadn't been one in hundreds of years.

- [Audio] I fought Silence near Stingtail, and won, but after Stingtail went to sleep, I could still hear the sound of someone whacking something, as if combat was happening.

- [Corpse Handling] I killed the crocodiles, but after I walked to the far end of where they were, one of their bodies appeared out of nowhere over there.

- [Items] Sometimes if you drop items, they vanish and can't be seen even with alt. I think this might be if you are standing in a spot with other objects like brush when you drop them. I will test this more.

- [AI/Combat] I tried to sneak out of Fort Joy through the big huge gate. I sent Ifan to pull the wheel and everyone else to the bridge. He got the wheel turned and I sent my guys through, but it was too late for Ifan: the magister on patrol came back. He got spotted, combat started. So I did what seemed to be the most practical thing: I used Adrenaline and ran Ifan onto the bridge. The guards... just gave up. They stopped caring, didn't try to pursue. "Oh, a prisoner just strolled out the door. Not my problem."

- [Display] I think some of my party members died and levelled up at the same time, because they were definitely dead, but their portraits were normal, not greyed out.

- [AI] Gawin glitches out and starts teleporting you onto the stump ledge repeatedly if you are already on the stump ledge when you teleport him down. He might also do that if you are teleported onto the far side ledge before he is.

- [Oversight] Gawin does not acknowledge that he is on the far side if you talk to him when he is over there. He also does not acknowledge if you are also on the far side ledge with him. Come on, Larian, this is an obvious thing players will want to do to see what happens, you should acknowledge it in dialogue.

- [Major][Container] If you empty a container (so its name changes to "[Container] (Empty)"), then its state is saved as empty. This means if you place something into a container you have already emptied, then leave the cell (the local area where actors and containers states are actively monitored), and then return, that container which had your stuff in it will be empty.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
A number of people have reported that one, so hopefully it'll get fixed in the next update. In the meantime, there's a certain amount of entertainment running around yelling "you won't catch me with my trousers!" which partly makes up for the irritation of being cursed.

J'aime le fromage.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Hey,

I ran into a couple issues while playing, one is with the battle of the one. I was playing with someone else and we each had control of two characters, while fighting the champions or whatever they are one of his characters died. After we won and got the option to fight amongst ourselves to find "the one" we did so, but the on character who had died was still dead (not surprising) but the problem was that even after I killed two other characters (I had on alive at this point) the quest didnt complete and I was stuck in the fighting pit thing. I finally figured out that I had to revive the person who was dead at the start and then kill them again to get it to finish.

Also when we got into a fight with the patrolling gaurd that goes by the area where the guy is making a coffin for his wife, that guy would start attcking us after a couple turns, and then a couple turns after Griff and his group would also start attacking the elf in our party, and once the elf was dead they would stop. I did have the elf character kill Griffs two guys near the front gate so not sure if that has something to do with it, but Griff and his goons werent usually aggressive to the elf character before that point.

X
stranger
stranger
X
I have seen issues with quest completion. Both times I finished the ‘Teleporter’ quest, the ‘Every Mother’s Nightmare’ was marked as completed instead.
In one case it got even worse: the Teleporter quest completely disappeared from the quest list and also the archive button became permanently inactive. At some point later this was restored (archive enabled, teleporter re-appeared but still the wrong quest marked as completed).
Another problem was with the Purged Dragon quest. I did the same things in each run, but one time was marked as completed and the other not.

F
stranger
stranger
F
1. ENEMIES keep MOVING about the screen DURING PLAYER TURN in combat.
The enemies often keep/start randomly moving during player's turn. It gets pretty comical really...you try to hit multiple turtles, for instance, with an aoe spell and they just keep "drifting apart". Once an enemy drifted across the entire screen right to my ranger before I had time to complete the ranged attack.

2. ENEMIES MOVE THROUGH OBSTACLES/FLOAT OVER WALLS ETC.
AI often travels directly to target, ignoring the geographical features of the map altogether, be there walls, stones or anything else. I've had enemies float up the walls instead of using stairs etc.

3. NAME TYPING in CUSTOM CHARACTER CREATION
often results in letters typed out of order.

4. ARMOR CLIPPING ISSUES

Still abundant after the last patch. Seeing underwear through armor often (seems to get more apparent when zoomed all the way in).

5. POOR ICON/BUTTON RESPONSE (problem that carried over from D:OS).
Players often need to click attack icons twice or more before the button activates. Failed attack icon activation frequently results in characters traveling to cursor instead of performing attack, which is quite frustrating in battle.

Same can be said about hovering the cursor over icons. You often have to do it more than once before info decides to pop up.

Support
Support

1+2. Do you have a save in/before combat where these problems can consistently be reproduced?
If so, please email it (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) to supportdos2@larian.com, with a description (or link to this topic).
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames' folder. In Windows Explorer you can zip file(s) and folder(s) by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipper) Folder'.

Also include a dxdiag report (WinKey-R, type in dxdiag and hit enter, then when it finishes loading click on the 'Save All Information...' button and save the report somewhere handy).

R
stranger
stranger
R
Hey,
I'm new in this Forum, so if my post here is in the wrong section, pls don't be so hard to me.

I played a couple of hours today and I found two Bugs:

1. several times a Character or Enemy runs over a Surface and got knocked down, the message "whoops, etc." was there, but the model is running on the spot. In case of knocking down because of a skill it works perfectly.

2. In the hidden Cave, after the fight with those creatures there, the LOS cones of everyone are persistent, as if I would sneak, but i surely doesn't. (It may concern, that I sneaked before the Fight to get a good spot for everyone)

My Screenshots are screwed up and show only a black window, so I cant show you a Proof of it sadly.
But I hope this Infos will suffice.
And feel free to ask, whatever you need to know.

Greetz

Support
Support

There is a known issue with human female characters not visibly being knocked down (problem with the animation).

Try hitting Left Shift when that happens; holding it enables 'Show Sneak Cones', so if they get stuck on (sneaking when combat starts can sometimes do that), hitting Left Shift can clear it.

If you switch to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, you can use Print Screen to take screenshots. In Fullscreen mode, you need to use a program designed for DirectX games, such as the function built into Steam, or fraps (though it is primarily for video capture).

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Raze

If so, please email it (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) to supportdos2@larian.com, with a description (or link to this topic).

Done. Created and sent a new save...perhaps not the most vivid of this bug's occurrence (fight with turtles), but should be illustrative enough.

R
stranger
stranger
R

Try hitting Left Shift when that happens; holding it enables 'Show Sneak Cones', so if they get stuck on (sneaking when combat starts can sometimes do that), hitting Left Shift can clear it.

Thx, I will try that.

If you switch to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, you can use Print Screen to take screenshots. In Fullscreen mode, you need to use a program designed for DirectX games, such as the function built into Steam, or fraps (though it is primarily for video capture).

I researched a little and ended up with the same result. I just installed fraps, it should also work fine with screenshots, but thank you for that advice anyway.

Have a nice christmas - I missed to wish it earlier :P

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert

In Fullscreen mode, you need to use a program designed for DirectX games [...] fraps (though it is primarily for video capture).

Fraps is my thing of choice for doing screenies: it's nice and consistent and I don't need to remember any weird magical key combinations or random directories which are otherwise so variable and often unreliable. I use it in combination with a script and ImageMagick to move the files en masse and convert them into a more respectable format like png.

I forgot it even does videos.

J'aime le fromage.
X
stranger
stranger
X
Some backpack problems:
An issue that stays from DOS1 is that sometimes the scrolling bar disappears. Then the backpack must be closed and reopened to get the bar back.
A new issue is that when crafting items inside a backpack, they are not visible when opening the backpack. I tried to make some potions and this happened. Then, when I re-entered the crafting screen, the potions were there. I had to re-order items in the crafting screen to make the potions visible when opening the backpack. I have the impression, but I am not sure, that this may happen if the crafted item is the last item in the crafting screen.

veteran
veteran
- You can't grab those little axes at the workbenchs, they are out of reach, at least for humans, not tried with lizards so far, those are higher.
- Attacking with a water wand can chill an enemie, even if they have still magic armor.
- Enemies sometimes randomly run away, instead of trying to attack or something else.
- Combining Needle & Thread with Pixie Dust creates unknown item and makes them disappear.
- Hit chances are a total mess and missleading, it shows over 95% but you sometimes hit less than 50% of the time.
- Damage of 2-handed weapons and magic spells is so low, it's pretty ridiculous.
- Walking through a surface and getting damage, makes the game reflect damage to the creator of the surface, wich is pretty ridiculous.
- Is there any point for a memory potion? You can't use it out of combat, because it wears of before you added a skill and in fight you can't change them anyway.
- 5 m range for leadership is ridiculous low. Leadership should work on sight like in DOS1, otherwise it's just pointless. You team will never be such heavily grouped, if you play smart.

veteran
veteran
Bug: The Human Racial skill Encourage can be cast on any ally within 15 meters. However, if you cast it on someone, the skill only affects allies around the caster, NOT the target. There are two simple fixes, though:

Either Encourage should cast in a 15 meter radius around the TARGET of the spell, or else Encourage should only be allowed to target the caster.

enthusiast
enthusiast
An issue that I recently encountered on my most recent playthrough is that neutral/allied characters become hostile if they are injured from pain reflect (from surfaces).Not sure if anyone has reported this already. Also killing Silence made everyone in the kitchen hostile until i ran away, and came back, but they had negative attitude when i returned. Also not sure how they knew I had killed Silence, because from my perspective 3 characters just teleported near the kitchen(needed to flee because pain reflect caused Stingtail to become hostile), and they were attacked on sight.

Last edited by Damashi; 28/12/16 10:24 PM.
veteran
veteran
That pain reflect gets triggered from surfaces is something I reportet. I think, it's something that should not be possible at all, not only because it could make the wrong people hostile, but because it makes so real sense. Also not sure, if pain reflect triggers, if you walk trough a fire that was created by your own mages. Can be pretty hard to track, wich surface got created by whom.

Not sure about your Silence issue. With our plays they didn't turn hostile, when we prevented assassination. But we did not need to flee from Stingtail.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Just a few things I noticed.

-In combat if I quicksaved on my turn then loaded back in I would sometimes load back with full armor/health. Yay :D

-In the gargoyle maze if you show the ring to the gargoyle and are teleported outside the temple(inside the maze), if you don't have a teleport skill in your party you will be stuck inside the maze with no way out as far as I can tell. I realize there's the skulls to open the doors, but I think reaching the exit requires 1 more skull than you can access (if you don't walk in the entrance that has the key). I avoided this by just teleporting/netherswapping my party through the doorways but it would be fairly inconvenient if it was possible to get trapped in the maze. Maybe that's the point of a maze though or I'm just terrible at mazes

-Crossbows are absolutely pointless, why would you choose one over a bow? The damage is roughly the same for 1 more AP.
- 5m for leadership makes it very impractical.

-Withermore's Bulwark seems to be stuck in the ground? x506 y197 about. http://postimg.org/image/4gwrkjba7/

K
stranger
stranger
K
Finished the fight in the Temple of the One. The non host player won. After that if the non host left the room the host screen went black. If the host and non host became separated too far the hosts screen tried to follow the non hosts characters. Saving and reloading fixed this.

Players standing on platforms high over the non-players head were hit with the Whirlwind skill.

The Hail Strike skill gives three target circles, but seems to rotate randomly after confirmation, so they are still centered at the same point but the actual strikes happen in other spots.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Pants of Braccus have no texture file on male or female humans, possibly other races. Have not tested.

Some of the locked doors by the historian when locked picked will teleport the player through to the otherside.

Playing 4 player campaign me and my friends have noticed that sometimes in combat their character will go into stealth, move randomly, or even strike the ground and it uses their AP to do so. Entering combat should end all prior movement events, but I feel like this is caused by prior engagements of movement before combat initiates.

Upon entering combat many NPCs move away from the player, they shouldn't move if you initiate, it defeats the purpose of getting a leg up on the enemy.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Destran
-In the gargoyle maze if you show the ring to the gargoyle and are teleported outside the temple(inside the maze), if you don't have a teleport skill in your party you will be stuck inside the maze with no way out as far as I can tell. I realize there's the skulls to open the doors, but I think reaching the exit requires 1 more skull than you can access (if you don't walk in the entrance that has the key). I avoided this by just teleporting/netherswapping my party through the doorways but it would be fairly inconvenient if it was possible to get trapped in the maze. Maybe that's the point of a maze though or I'm just terrible at mazes
-Crossbows are absolutely pointless, why would you choose one over a bow? The damage is roughly the same for 1 more AP.
-Withermore's Bulwark seems to be stuck in the ground? x506 y197 about. http://postimg.org/image/4gwrkjba7/

- You should be able to leave by passing the tower on the left side. So you can leave the maze itself, but afterwards I think you will be stucked at the bottom on an island. But on the other hand, by that point of game I guess you are expected to have at least those teleport-gloves.

- Higher damage from the crossbow means, that all skills will deal higher damage, because damage depends on weapon.

- Known issue, said to be solved with next patch.

Page 25 of 52 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 51 52

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard