Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
In divinity 1, I hated having half my inventory being keys and books because I didn't know which ones were being saved to be used later on and which had now served their purpose and were now useless.

Thus, I would appreciate if there was a separate inventory/bag for books and keys so they don't take up so much space and clutter my inventory.

If this has already been added, sorry. I'm trying not to get too much info on the game for when I get the full version and I haven't played the beta yet.

veteran
veteran
I'm pretty sure that a keyring was in D:OS 1. It would be very strange for it to be removed from D:OS 2.

veteran
veteran
In neither game is a keyring sadly. I mostly throw all keys into a backpack.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
In Divinity 2 when you used a key it vanished from your inventory as it's job was done. This left you with the situation of worrying about keys left over (if you are a completionist like me).

In the last DOS keys and books (except skillbooks which were and still are consumed) just hung around. Apart from 2 cases there was no point keeping them so I always sold them to the same guy just in case.

In DOS 2 there is a separate tab for books and keys in your inventory. You can't sell books and many of the keys look the same and open the same thing. At the moment you also pick up lots of keys that do nothing as far as I can figure it out.

I'd like it if once you opened a door all keys that open that door disappeared but it doesn't seem to work like that. On the plus side if any of your characters has the required key it is found so you don't have to try to unlock the door with each one to find out.

Ideally I'd like to get to the end of the game and have no keys as I'd opened all the things required but in real life I have a drawer full of keys that I can't remember what they are for so I guess it is more realistic as it is.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
There is a 'key ring' in both Classic AND Enhanced Edition of D:OS1. I suppose Larian made a change in EE that keys would also be visible in the regular inventory because a lot of people did not find the 'Keys' tab on the left side of the inventory in Classic.
So one difference between Classic and EE was that objects flagged as keys would no longer be hidden from normal inventory view. An option to show/hide would have been helpful but well, needs time to implement ...

As long as chests and doors can be smashed there will always be leftover keys at the end of a game ...

The functionality to open doors and chests with any character was in EE too (Magic Pockets), but the info popup was annoying enough (but that's a matter of taste) to make me remove it completely for shovels and pickaxes in a mod ;-)

Last edited by FrauBlake; 06/01/17 01:54 PM.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Well, in The Witcher 3 there was so many notes/books, they only appeared in the book tab and those who were already read were greyed out. I thought that worked really well.

Maybe something of the like can be implemented for this game too, because it is a huge waste of time to move each book one at a time in your inventory, also keeping track of those you read if not done regularly or orderly can be pretty troublesome. I know the books/notes/keys can be used for crafting also, so the crafting tab needs some filter/separation. Maybe just icons at the top that you can click that says the type of items you want to be shown in the crafting inventory.

Last edited by Finito; 08/01/17 11:04 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard