S
SisU303 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hi

So i'm here again smirk

I'm playing a Shadow Blade and have had no issues this far. But as I came to the area where Gareth is I got blinded once. And after that I haven't been able hit anything (even without blind effect).

I'm level 6 with 98% accuracy and the enemy is level 5 on Classic. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something. Thatäs why I wanted to post it here first to see your responses.

S
SisU303 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Ok so I just made a save in the middle of the fight and loaded it. Now I'm hitting 100% again. So must be a bug. Feel free to move this topic.

veteran
veteran
It is indeed a bug related to the blind accuracy debuff sticking around, and the cure is exactly what you just did: save and reload.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Except I've had the issue without ever having been blinded. It happens occasionally when I use a weapon that is a higher level than I am. I can't hit anything for dozens of attacks in a row.

journeyman
journeyman
Thanks, we just experienced this bug last night and I was going to report it here. Save and reload is an easy "fix" to remember :p

N
old hand
old hand
N
Each level a weapon is higher then you... adds a -20% hit chance that isn't represented.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Spectre_777
Except I've had the issue without ever having been blinded. It happens occasionally when I use a weapon that is a higher level than I am. I can't hit anything for dozens of attacks in a row.

That's also intentional. Missing from the patch notes was the change that weapons which are a higher level than the player suffer a -20% accuracy penalty for each level they are above the player. That difference does show up on the chance-to-hit percentage, though.

Still, the only way to really notice is to look at your accuracy stat on your stat screen. Something this important really should be in red text on the weapon itself: -20% chance to hit due to low level.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I am aware of the -20% accuracy. I still had a 75% chance to hit, and missed 9 times in a row. This should not ever happen. At the very least, the target's dodge chance was not being factored into the displayed 75% chance to hit.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Was the path clear? The game will often tell you that you can hit even when there is no clear path.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Yes, the path was clear. The little dwarf just dodged 9 attacks in a row. I am a veteran of the series and these types of RPG's as well. I can assure you that I was fully aware of the effects modifying Sebille's accuracy and I had clear LOS on the enemy with no obstructions.

The bow I was using was level 3, I was level 2. A -20% accuracy alone cannot explain what happened. There is also the fact that I continued to miss very frequently in other fights until I hit level 3. I'm not sure if this is a bug or just that the displayed chance to hit was not accounting for dodge chance.

N
old hand
old hand
N
You know what would be funny? if the game code counted the level penalty twice.

S
stranger
stranger
S
That's possible, but it would still make a 9 miss in a row sequence very unlikely. But maybe I just had extraordinarily bad luck.

N
addict
addict
N
With a 75% chance to hit, you actually have about 7.5% chance to have 9 misses in a row. Unlikely, but certainly not impossible.

R
stranger
stranger
R
There's definitely a bug with the 'blind' effect.

Almost every time I get blinded for more than two rounds, I have to save and restart the game before I can hit things again.

It feels like whenever blind is re-applied when blind is active, it never removes itself (even though the debuff icon is gone).

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard