Print Thread
#598589 18/01/17 03:49 PM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Hello Larian,

Let me appeal for one thing that just bothered me while playing alpha version of Divinity Original Sin 2. It is about companions you can acquire. Please give them to us as a clean sheet. I mean, you are giving us the freedom of customize our characters during creation, but as we got into the game the companions already have preset classes.
You encourage us to create our own heroes with whatever class we want, but then you give us companions that have their class and stats already chosen for us and that can make such a bad team comps sometimes. If I want to play as a Wizard Red Prince, that for example locks warrior out of my team as the other characters are set on different classes already.
So, my suggestion is to give us all companions in game without any stats or classes, so we can choose what we want to do, or even better, when we recruit new companion, give us character creation again for that specific character, so we can even change their looks a little bit. Thank you for your time and please consider my suggestion.

veteran
veteran
I think Larian is actually planning to let players tweak the companions they hire to let them be a different class (and possibly allow full customization except for name and gender).

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Same, I picked Ifan as main and builded him as a warrior. Was stuck with a forced second warrior Red Prince when I recruited all the party members. I could have changed him to something different but I would have lost all the starting points already injected into him and would have to buy him new skills too. I ended up playing with 2 warriors instead having to spread the gear/skills between the 2 of them.

For now the game mostly penalize you for not playing it in multiplayer.

N
old hand
old hand
N
"For now the game mostly penalize you for not playing it in multiplayer."

Given how the four available companions fill all the rolls needed... (except maybe a dedicated fire and earth mage)

Not seeing the penalty.

veteran
veteran
There is no real fire/earth-mage and no real support/heal mage.

We have a witch, who is pretty useless at start with her skills, if I remember correctly. A warrior, a ranger and a scoundrel. The warrior is a race, who would fit more as a mage as lizard. What classes dwarf and undead will be is still unknown.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by Neonivek
"For now the game mostly penalize you for not playing it in multiplayer."

Given how the four available companions fill all the rolls needed... (except maybe a dedicated fire and earth mage)

Not seeing the penalty.

If you had bothered to read the paragraph just above, you might have understood that I took the main character Ifan and builded him not as the intended role, a strenght based warrior. Only to realise that I could only recruit the predefined origin characters with their already built in stats/points/skill/talent.

If I had played with 4 players they could all have changed the intended roles of each origin characters, hence playing with 4 players is more advantageous.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Actually I agree.

If the default is Sybille and Sybille is the most focused archer then it should default to archer.

You'll pick up Ifan (who is definitely a scoundrel), the Red Prince (who could be warrior or mage) and Lohse (similar).

Of course when you play a second time you will know but first time it better to take the default. So the default should make sense. That is Archer.

Better of course would be to have the ability to change companions stats when you pick them up.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard