Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#598699 21/01/17 05:13 AM
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Hello everyone, V&L Incorporated here. This is going to be a place where my partner Void and I explain unique character ideas that we have put into effect together quite efficiently. Please keep in mind that as time goes on, this forum post will only grow larger as we come up with more and more character loadouts. We hope you enjoy our ideas, try them out, and give us some feedback about what you liked and what you did not! My partner and I will check back regularly.
P.S. All of these builds are of course custom classes that we actually went in depth with. You can change it how you see fit, and we encourage that, but this is what worked best for us as a team. Some of these will be great solo classes for a singleplayer experience, others will be more team reliant, but all of these, atleast for us, worked well enough to make it to this post. Now, on with the loadouts!!

----------------------------------------------Necrotic Warrior----------------------------------------------

1-20-2017

(SHORT VERSION)

--Race?
Dwarf.

--Preset?
Fighter.

--Combat Points?
2 into Necromancer.

--Civil Points?
Doesn't matter with this build. Do what you'd like.

--Talents?
Glass Cannon.

--Skills / Abilities?
Blood Sucker, Mosquito Swarm, Rain of Blood.

--Attribute Points?
They should look like this:
Strength = 15
Finesse = 10
Intelligence = 10
Constitution = 10
Memory = 10
Wits = 10

--Leveling up?
Get Necromancer to 10, the rest into Hydrosophist.
Full Strength.
Talents after creation are up to you.

(LONG VERSION)

--What is it?
It's essentially a necromancer in spells, but a warrior at heart. Simply put, the idea is a warrior that stands in the middle of combat and takes everything in terms of damage, mitigates it through high Physical Armor, and anything that somehow breaks through the physical armor we'll be able to heal back instantly.

--What are the weaknesses?
A huge weakness to this build is if you get stunned and you have no way to break out. At that point, you can't defend yourself and you can't heal back, and it's essentially a moment where you hope your armor is high enough to keep you going during the next turn when you can replenish it. Another weakness is when you go against any sort of heavy caster, and due to not having much Magic Armor, you will be susceptible for almost all their attacks. A good way to combat this, however, is to try and get armor that helps defend against Magic as much as possible, then you'll have the best of both worlds.

--What race?
I personally used a Dwarf for this build. The reason for that is their natural Strength, which comes in the form of "Sturdy" which grants +2 Strength. Great trait to have for this as it focuses on hitting like a beast, and through "Necromancer", the harder you hit, the more you heal, which is obviously ideal. I also chose Dwarf because while I was focusing strength with this build, having the ability to use "Metamorph" on targets that didn't have any Physical Armor left and be able to stun them for two rounds was perfect, as my high damage almost gaurenteed everything I fought would run out of Physical armor pretty quickly.

--What preset did you start with?
For the preset, I chose "Fighter". Originally the idea was to go for a "Knight" for the big heavy two handed sword for hitting like a beast, but that fell through because going with that, I had no shield, so therefor I had no Physical Armor, and the only way to get that would be through armor I find, but at the same time, I couldn't just let all that Strength go to waste, as Strength actually increases the amount of Physical Armor you have, as well as your damage, so I traded higher damage for more sustain, which in my opinion is a fair trade, because I'm still putting out plenty of damage.

--What did you do with your Combat / Civil Points?
I did what I do with every character I make, and removed all the points that were put in by default. For this build, I put my 2 Combat points into Necromancer. By doing that, that immediately grants me 20% of all my damage I do to my enemy's Vitality as health back on me, which is the biggest part to this build because of how hard we are going to be hitting. The goal is to not have to use abilities to heal, but in situations where we will die unless we do, we always have those abilities ready. As for my Civil Points, through out the game I put them all into "Lucky Charm". That's a personal preference of mine because I like to find extra items when I look in a container, especially grenades. Again, personal preference, you can go with whatever you'd like, as the Civil Points don't really have an impact on how this build performs.

--What three abilities did you start with?
The ones I went with were "Blood Sucker", "Mosquito Swarm", and "Rain of Blood". "Blood Sucker" and "Rain of Blood" I went with because when cast together, they essentially make an instant full heal combination. Cast "Rain of Blood" around you, cover yourself in blood, and then use "Blood Sucker" and it should heal you back for all your health. Then simply use your "Recover Armor" ability you have from your shield and you'll have armor back, health back, and your good to go. Unless things are terribly bad, that combination alone should be enough to keep you sustained until you need it again, and by that time your spells should be ready to go again anyways. "Mosquito Swarm" over "Decaying Touch" because with "Mosquito Swarm" You can get a heal out of it at any time you need, and it's reliable with this build. "Decaying Touch" Doesn't fit with this build because we have no way to heal the opponent to get some use out of it.

--What did you do with your Talents?
For the talents, I went with "Glass Cannon" over the default one. It's in my opinion one of the best ones that can be used right now, and while it leaves you susceptible to most things your physical armor and magic armor would usually block, it gives you the freedom to attack and cast as much as you want every turn, or in a worse situation, gives you a chance to fall back faster than anyone else can. While it provides increased damage by giving you more AP which means more attacks, it also provides you with more healing at the same time. Overall, I love this talent, and I use it in almost all of my builds right now.

--What about your Attribute Points?
I like to put all attribute points possible into Strength, as that will allow me to continuously hit harder and harder, also giving more healing. Personally, I see that as the best way to get this build's damage and healing to the highest possible. And as I level up, I put every attribute point into Strength. If you feel like you'd like a little bit more out of your "Blood Sucker" and "Mosquito Swarm" abilities, then you can put a few points into Intelligence to get that extra healing, it won't hurt too much, but for the most part, I find Strength is the way to go.

--What did you do as you leveled up?
As I leveled up with this loadout, I continued to put all my Attribute Points into Strength, and as for Combat Points, I put 10 points into "Necromancer" and the rest into "Hydrosophist" to increase that healing even further and get a few more abilities to go with it. If you have just 10 points in "Necromancer", all damage you do to their health is healed back to you, which is fantastic, as you will be putting out atleast 30+ damage with each hit by that time. For Talents, go with whatever you feel would help you the most. I go with whatever would help me the most in my current situation, which is always different depending on my armor, allies, and how well I'm performing. Leech seems like an obvious one, but take into consideration how much you are actually standing in blood while fighting, and also take into consideration how many spells and abilities and whatnot that actually punish you for standing in blood, like poison, electricity, cold, etc. For Civil Points, I put everything into Lucky Charm to keep that to the best possible chances of getting unique items. More grenades, more fun!

Overall, the build performed very, very well, both alone and with Void. It's great self healing and high damage made it the perfect loadout for anything melee or with a bow, and a nightmare to anything squishy that had low physical armor but high magic armor. I hope you all enjoyed this build! Don't forget to try it out and let us know how it goes!! -Leptos

----------------------------------------------The Very Hungry Caterpillar-----------------------------------

1-23-2017

(SHORT VERSION)

--Race?
Lizard.

--Preset?
Rogue.

--Combat Points?
1 into Pain Reflection.
1 into Geomancer.

--Civil Points?
1 into Lucky Charm.

--Talents?
Five-Star Diner.

--Skills / Abilities?
Fortify, Contamination, Magical Poison Dart

--Attribute Points?
They should look like this:
Strength = 10
Finesse = 10
Intelligence = 12
Constitution = 13
Memory = 10
Wits = 10

--Leveling up?
First: Pain Reflection to 10, rest into Geomancer for the rest of it.
Full Constitution.
Talents after first level are up to you.

(LONG VERSION)

--What is it?
This build is a build I like to call "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". First off, let's get this out of the way. This build is purely a fun build, it's not meant for serious gameplay, although you could easily do it. Essentially, it's like the children's book, except a little more twisted to fit Divinity. I built this build to make the most out of food that you find, and from the three times that I played and tested it, (and this could be entirely because of luck) it seemed I generated food and found food much quicker than any other play-through I've done. The lowest food healing that I've seen naturally is 5%. With "Five-Star Diner", you will turn 5% health healed into 10%, 10% to 20%, etc. It's extremely odd to say, but building around eating food in combat like Skyrim actually works. I managed to survive until I decided to suicide into guards one level higher than I, and I was vastly outnumbered. Even then, with all the food I had found in such a little time, I was able to hold up for a few turns.

--What are the weaknesses?
The biggest weakness to the build is that it doesn't have a whole lot of armor, and it will all be generated through armor. That's why we are building for "Pain Reflection" so hard, to try and get that up as quick as possible. Afterwards, things will go by extremely smoothly.

--What race?
Obviously Lizard. Let's be honest, it might not be the most ideal race to go with, but if we are going for the "Very Hungry Caterpillar" build, we can't be a dwarf, now can we?

--What preset did you start with?
I chose Rogue, simply because I didn't feel like anything else fit the theme, exactly. Sorry Inquisitor, you didn't make the cut! :(

--What did you do with your Combat / Civil Points?
I put 1 Combat Point into "Pain Reflection" and 1 into "Geomancer". "Pain Reflection", as stated above, is a need for this build. It also fits the theme the most, as some Caterpillars have those spiny backs. (I'm not an expert on Caterpillars). "Geomancer" I went with because I felt like poison fits the theme as well. Theme is life. Then my Civil Point went into "Lucky Charm". Reason for that, besides my preference for that over any other civil stat currently in the game, was simply because a Caterpillar has to eat right? So what better way to find food, than to have a...lucky...charm... yea I don't know where that excuse is going, but look. It made sense in my head.

--What three abilities did you start with?
I went with "Fortify", "Contamination", and "Magical Poison Dart". "Fortify" was because of my idea of a cocoon. Like, they put it around them as like a casing to protect them against outside forces. "Contamination" because what better way to express my love and joy to the world than spraying poison all over them? "Magic Poison Dart" got picked for essentially the same reason, but I figured "Hey, some Caterpillars might shoot poison at foes!"

--What did you do with your Talents?
Talents were easy. I went with "Five-Star Diner" to start with because you can't be a very hungry Caterpillar without being very hungry. Afterwards, I went with "Glass Cannon" because I felt like, having the ability to eat as much as humanly (caterpillarly) possible every turn would help a lot. And it did.

--What about your Attribute Points?
Attributes went full Constitution, all the way through my gameplay. The idea was extremely high health, that way when I healed 10%+ from each food, it would heal me more and more. Essentially by doing that I became invincible, but I of course didn't have a whole lot of AP afterwards to do much besides the occasional spell. Slow and steady wins the race, right?

--What did you do as you leveled up?

Well, if you read the last bit, you'd see that everything went into Constitution, as much as possible, and 2nd Talent I got was Glass Cannon for the more AP, Full Pain Reflection (10), and the rest into Geomancer, for the poison. I continued to build Lucky Charm all the way up because why not. More food, more health!

Overall, the build performed decently. Lowish damage, but extremely, EXTREMELY high survivability. Don't over estimate yourself, and you'll be fine. Well worth giving it a try, just for the fun of it. Don't forget to leave feedback if you try this build, and let us know how it went! -Leptos

Last edited by V&L Incorporated; 24/01/17 02:13 AM.
veteran
veteran
I've actually been thinking of trying to make a Necro-heavy warrior much like the one you describe. I've also got a couple other ideas:

Position Master Rogue
This is mostly a straight-up Rogue, but with a higher focus on Memory, and a point or two into Aerothurge. But INT is not required.

The Position Master Rogue learns the following Aerothurge skills:
Teleport, Netherswap, and Favourable Wind. All of those require little to no INT and they all assist the Rogue in controlling the battle, by repositioning enemies.

Of course, this build is aimed for a party which does not have Lhose or a dedicated Air Mage already.

Favourable Wind is good for a melee character because it's an aura centered on the caster, which means the melee units will keep the effect. If it was on a mage hanging at the back, melee units would move out of range.

Electric Discharge is actually not what I thought it was on first glance and is of no use to this build.

The downside is that this build will need to invest significantly more into Memory to afford both Scoundrel and Aerothurge skills.

High AP Inquisitor

Race: Elf

Starting comvat abilities:
Pyrokinetic
Warfare

Starting Talent: Warlord

Starting Skills: Battering Ram, Haste, Flaming Daggers.

At level 2, get a point into Scoundrel and pick up Adrenaline.

The goal of the High AP Inquisitor is to strategically gain as many AP per turn as possible. When possible use Haste before initiating combat to start with an extra AP. Flesh Sacrifice gives you another AP, and Adrenaline can get two. Finish off near-death enemies to get two more AP from Warlord.

Usually, you won't be able to do all of those on the first turn, you need to figure out when to save your extra abilities to best gain as much AP as possible.

EDIT: I misread the description of Electric Discharge. It is the discharge which moves from target to target, not the player. So it isn't needed anyway.

Last edited by Stabbey; 22/01/17 04:30 AM. Reason: oops
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
@Stabbey That first idea I might have to try out myself, I've never considered the idea of a character based around teleporting himself and the things around him to essentially be able to control everything that happens. That sounds actually similar to another build Void and I are working on. No spoilers, but it's coming soon. :) I do like your ideas though! The last one you mentioned, the High AP Inquisitor, has actually been tried by Void, except as a Rogue I believe rather than an Inquisitor. He tried it, and it put out very high burst damage, but his survivability was very low, and had to be healed often. Great damage though, for sure! -Leptos

veteran
veteran
Honestly the reason Position Master Rogue exists is because I got tired of my Rogue not being able to do anything useful thanks to all the surface effects, so I gave him a couple of those abilities so he could contribute something.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Elf would be a good race for this. OK you lose 2 points on strength but that doesn't matter really except right at the start. What you can get in return is -1 AP on you necro skills if you take elemental affinity as you'll always be standing in a puddle of blood. Mosquito swarm for 1 point is decent. It gets less good later if you put all your points in STR but at the start it is great.

I do like playing Glass Cannon - it is fun. I find success a bit conditional on finding gear that gives immunity to stun/terrified though.

Necro/Inquisitor is good combination too as both scale off INT and you can use the warfare skills with a staff.

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
@lx07 I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but I believe you are missing the point. While Elf would be a decent option, it's not ideal due to the finesse contribution, which isn't a factor we consider for this build. The damage from "Flesh Sacrifice" is nice, I do have to admit, and that's why you would do it over Dwarf, but you get multiple useful things from Dwarf rather than from Elf. Also, I would never consider taking Elemental Affinity for this build. Personally, I find it a waste of a talent point for this specific build simply because, as I stated before, you are almost never standing directly in blood and when you are standing in the blood, you are more likely to be stunned or poisoned. When you melee an enemy, the blood shoots backwards or to the sides, never at you. The only reason you would have blood at your feet is if they hit you and damaged your vitality, which is rare with all of the armor we have. And again, I can't stretch this enough: Standing in blood is usually not a good idea. It's not worth risking the magic damage to save 2 AP, we have plenty of that. And while I do agree that Necro Inquisitor would give great int, making both sides of that build awesome, it wouldn't work well because then you have to deal with every physical attack out there, as you will only have your armor to protect you from them, which won't be enough. I would truly recommend trying the build a little before judging it, atleast for the first two fights. That would usually give an idea of how well the build will work, and then try going back and changing a few things around that you think would be better and try that. After that, feel free to let us know of any changes we should make to keep the same concept but just make it's performance overall better. -Leptos

veteran
veteran
I would suggest a bit of scoundrel, just to have more options dislocate yourself, without having to pass through environmental stuff or better ranger for tactical retreat, this would give you even haste.

The main weakness of the dwarf is in my eyes. Most of his stuff needs armor to be removed, but because you don't have warfare, you get no bonus against armor als you you don't have physical attack skills. Battle stop would be very usefull do clear surfaces as well.

If you would go for rogue a bit, you would have at least some armor penetrating skills (or one). If you lose health, you can still use necromancy to heal your self by penetrating an enemies armor.

Overall the build feels really dependant of the team.

veteran
veteran
The more I think about it, the my main issue with you dwarven build: It is really contratictionary.

On the one side you are build him to heal as much vitality as possible with every attack. But on the other hand you are saying: I want as much armor as possible, so I don't get damaged at all. So the second aim makes the selfheal is pretty pointless, except if you fail to achieve it.

All that selfhealing would work far better with a build focus on high vitality. But sadly that would hardly work, because you can perma cc-t if you don't have armor to protect your vitality.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by V&L Incorporated
<snip>as I stated before, you are almost never standing directly in blood and when you are standing in the blood, you are more likely to be stunned or poisoned. <snip>
That is the point. When you do flesh sacrifice (which you do 100% of the time on your first turn if elf) it makes a puddle of blood under you. That means you always have a puddle of blood under you and you can use that puddle for reducing necro skills. This means in the first fights you have 2 x 2AP attacks plus 1 Mosquito Storm on your first go which is pretty strong. This is far better than an extra 5% on your attack due to extra strength - your attacks start with 6 or 7 and 5% of that is zero.

All day long enough AP to do another attack beats a small increase in the strength of the attack.

Would I do take elemental affinity just for that? Probably not, no (but I have, but only to about level 5).

I can't stretch this enough: Standing in blood is usually not a good idea

With Glass Cannon the last thing you want at all is liquid (I agree with you there). In that case I'd avoid anything airy and certainly wouldn't take blood rain.

I'm not sure how far you've got but later on they love stunning you. The necro-witch and the guys behind the pigs especially. Sometimes you find immunity gloves and then it is easy. Sometimes not and it is verging on the impossible.

I have just set myself a rather dull task of checking the amount of reduction One Man Army gives (with one player it is 2AP and 70%, I'm checking 2 players) and I'm finding it a bit boring trudging through it all again. Next week I'll be back and full of enthusiasm though as I will not have to bother doing every single little quest.

I do like your idea of a Necro Warrior and I will try it next. I'll take all your set-up (almost exactly) but I'm going to do dual wield swords not sword and shield. I want to hit harder as in my experience so far in this game it works better than being defensive.

A bit more attack means a bit more healing also smile

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
@Kalrakh I completely agree, the build's main focuses seem to contradict themselves, and in a lot of situations, that could be detrimental, but the way I look at it, the build would be weak without that kind of contradictory factor. Can't have all armor, because it won't last forever, and can't have all healing because you'll take too much damage. I believe that, like you said yourself, the healing is only there if we fail to achieve the infinite physical armor goal. That being said, I do think you are onto something with the armor piercing factor of the daggers. I didn't even think of that at the time of making the build, and I am ashamed to say that even with how deeply I've looked into things, I didn't consider that in the slightest. I will try that change and see how it works. Also, the build does rely on the team, but at the same time he'll always be the last one to die if played correctly. -Leptos

@lx07 I can see what you mean with your "Flesh Sacrifice" idea, just tried it out. For some reason I thought the blood on the ground only lasted one turn instead of two. That's my mistake. I still suppose that's up to the user, however, whether they'd like damage over defense, because while the elf does have high damage now due to that "Flesh Sacrifice", they don't have the defense that "Metamorph" gives for the dwarves, with that 2 turns of stunned. And moving on from that, I do agree, they love to stun, but even way past the little burning piglets, I haven't had too much trouble surviving surviving with this build even when chain stunned. Sadly, my partner's current build can't take many hits but puts out damage like a truck, so in a way we complete eachother, but in the other way, they love to target him first, so he ends up dying. Meanwhile I can stay alive for much longer on anything that isn't magic, and rarely does he have to resurrect the Necro Warrior. -Leptos

Last edited by V&L Incorporated; 24/01/17 02:59 PM.
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Also, everyone. I'm excited to say that I have yet another build idea in mind! I won't give a spoiler, but I will give a hint.... If you had any kind of childhood, you should have read this in a book somewhere at a very young age. I'll leave you to speculate, but find out tomorrow what the build is! Today is my partner's turn to post a build. -Leptos

Last edited by V&L Incorporated; 24/01/17 02:59 PM.
veteran
veteran
I think, this built would work best with the D:OS use for armor: reducing damage received. But because armor and vitality are two different lifebars, this kind of built will always be kind of flawed? In D:OS you had also more options to cure from CC effects. Some effects can't be cured if they get applied. Stuff like helping hand is totally missing in my eyes.

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
I think we can all agree, however, that there's not a build out there that won't have some flaws to it. Mine is the fact it's weak to anything magical and that I'm trying to juggle two bars at once and still maintain damage. No build is exactly perfect yet, as this is still alpha, but we can only hope to get as close as possible. -Leptos

Last edited by V&L Incorporated; 24/01/17 02:58 PM.
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
New Build posted! Very Hungry Caterpillar! -Leptos

veteran
veteran
New Build posted! Very Hungry Caterpillar! -Leptos

Why are you using the Rogue preset as a base for that build if you aren't taking Scoundrel skills or using Backstab (which you can't get anyway)? All that preset does is start out out with a pair of daggers which it doesn't seem like you'll be getting any use out of. A Sword + shield warrior would be a fine preset. Ever heard of the Gauntlet meme "Red Warrior needs food badly"?

There is no "eats a lot" theme that any class will fit, so you might as well pick something which starts you out with useful weapons, like a wand or two, or go sword + shield for the full tank mode.

Additionally, Contamination is one of the worst skills in the game - so bad it should be deleted, and Magical Poison Dart is nigh-useless on the entire second half of the island.

You're going full CON, and not putting anything into attack attributes... Okay.

Glass Cannon so that you can be easily CC'ed thanks to CC now ignoring armor so you can't even eat food.

In fact, this is not really a build at all because the only defining feature is that it starts with Five Star Diner as the talent. Everything else is negotiable.

Well, if you're joining a co-op game intending to troll your partner, this is a fantastically useless build. Not so much fun in single-player where you're only trolling yourself. I give it 7 stars out of 10 for multiplayer trolling, and 2 stars out of 10 for single-player and effectiveness.

Last edited by Stabbey; 24/01/17 01:07 PM. Reason: more thoughts
veteran
veteran
Yeah, I thought about 'Pain reflection' aswell, but regarding your necromancer dwarf. Because of highself heal it is quite wished for to get hit and if you hit them back while getting hit, it is even more wished for. But the question would be: Will Necromancy heal you if Pain reflection hits their vitality?

My chars ideas would be either:
1) Dwarven warrior, because dwarves are small and broad like caterpillars and like to drink and eat. Also with Warfare you could take Picture of health to get even more HP.
Open question: Does Pain reflection count as physical or magical damage, or does it the type depend on the source?
2) Elven scoundrel, because as an elf you have even more stuff to eat and you would be really a careless all eating beast. Also you could later on go invisible to have a food break and dodging hits from time to time can add survivability.
Open question 1: Do corpses count as food for elves?
Open question 2: Flesh sacrifice will lower your vitality, but does it increase the damage caused by Pain reflection?
3) If you want to spread your love with poison, perhaps go zombify yourself aswell? But regarding the flaws in the first game version, it must be tested first, wich 'selfheals' would do still more harm than help. Mainly the question: Would Necromancy and Zombie still counteract each other?
But in any case you would get healed by walking through poison, without the need of 'leech'. But better no fire mage/lizard in group then.

General question: How is the damage increase of Pain reflection regarding higher skill levels?

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
@Stabbey I do have to say that, while you are right about his build being essentially useless, I believe you are throwing judgement into the mix way too much. Contamination is horrible, I agree. Any other build I would never choose it simply because of its terrible nature, but for this build and theme, it works, and that's the whole point. This is a theme build, to fit a specific characteristic, which is a caterpillar. Another key thing you are missing is the fact the title says "Unique" and not "Best" or "Meta". This build is purely for fun, regardless of being useful or not, and I was actually surprised to see that while it was a lot of fun, and ridiculous, it actually worked solo quite well, and multiplayer it worked just as well if not better. Also, glass cannon, while making you easily stunned, gives you that chance to eat again. May just be my luck, but I've never been stun locked in this game longer than 2 turns. And ontop of that, for attributes I went full constitution instead of anything actually useful is because it FITS THE THEME. That was literally the whole point of the build, to have it fit the theme, and for you to get upset at me for making it fit a silly theme, that's a little low, mate. -Leptos

@Kalrakh A lot of your questions are questions I don't know the exact right answer myself, but I can say from a few trials and some hypothesizing, to answer your first question: Yes. I believe Necromancy would heal you based off Pain Reflection, simply because you are sending the damage back to your opponent through a trait, essentially. That damage then is counted as yours as it reflects back and thus when it deals vitality damage, it heals you in return. Also, to answer your second question, I believe it is reflected back as physical, but I could be wrong. If not physical, then it's reflected back as whatever the original thing was that hit you. Obviously if they hit you with fire, you aren't going to reflect back fire and burn them, so that's my theory. Your third question is an odd one that I'm not sure I should try answering because I truly have no idea. I don't believe it does, but at the same time, it reacts like any other food. You eat it, you get a buff / debuff, it ends. So it may work, it may not. Might be worth doing some testing on. 4th question: No, Flesh Sacrifice sadly doesn't increase the amount of damage that Pain Relfection does. If it did, I'd be really intrigued to see exactly how high you can get pain reflection's damage to go to, past what they originally did to you. One could assume that at 10 into pain reflection, while it would inflict 100% damage back, if Flesh Sacrifice buffed the damage and not percentage, then it would go well past 100% damage, especially if you built for buffing damage. 5th question: necromancy and zombie do infact counteract eachother. One heals for dealing damage like a healing ability, and the other heals for poison damage but essentially punishes you for any damage you take outside of poison. Having both together is suicide, you'll never have any healing through any means but poison. 6th question: Pain Reflection right now is extremely overpowered as long as you can gaurentee them to hit you and not your allies. It goes up 10% per point you put into it, so with just 10 points in, you are essentially a beast. I believe when I tried it the only way I was able to die was from abilities, spells, enviormental things, etc. that didn't do damage based on a character. Like, for instance the frogs in the cave by fort joy used an ability on me that did poison damage, and while it reflected all of that back at it, the initial hit actually did damage me. Thought that was odd, but I assumed it's because the damage from that was similar to if a barrel of oil exploded on me. The damage didn't come from a caster but rather the spell in general, which wasn't influenced by the frog in any way, just cast. Just like if I stood in oil and decided to chuck fire at my feet. I cast the fire spell, but it wasn't my spell that hurt me, it was the oil exploding and catching on fire that did. Crazy theory, but long story short, high levels with full pain reflection is a cake walk. Getting it to 80% or higher is a struggle, as your points could go into something more useful short term, but in the end, it's well worth it in my opinion. -Leptos

Last edited by V&L Incorporated; 24/01/17 03:02 PM.
veteran
veteran
So the issue with zombie and necromancy seems to remain. I wonder if it is something underconstruction or something that is working as intended. (No, I don't expect you to know the answer. wink )

So, at current state of the game option 1 would probably fit best: Dwarven warrior with going for Warfare after Pain Reflection for Picture of Health for even more life. laugh Because if you are dodgy, enemies will more likely attack a different team mate if chance of hitting would be higher there.

And yes the damage will always return to the source, which is determined by game logic. It is also something was is a flaw of the system in my eyes. If you walk through fire made by Paladin Cork, the damage would get reflected on to him, therefore turning him hostile. It also will return damage on your teammates if they for example made a fire and you are walking through it. 100% damage reflection sounds pretty crazy, perhaps even broken. But for sure it should not reflect indirect damage like environmental damage. It should only reflect direct damage in my eyes.

P. S.: I did not expect the answers from you. Those were just question I would have to identify the best approach to your concept idea. wink

P. P. S.: Stabbey is more the Min-Max-Guy, so I think he has in general issue with playstyle, who don't seem to be 110% percent issue. A reason why he prefers a clear destinction between Social and other skill points, while I prefer the freedom to decide if I want to focus on my fighting or my social skills.

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
@Kalrakh I try to have as many answers as I can, but I can't answer them all sadly, even though I can try. Also, my personal play style for any game is to try and find the weirdest, most abnormal way to play that is still extremely viable. I'm used to people asking me questions about them or ridiculing for doing something when there's obviously a better way to do it, but I truly do enjoy playing things that people will look at and think "Wow, that should never work but they somehow made it work." Always a pleasure to bring these different ideas to people so they can try them out and maybe experience something different outside of a regular, meta build. Also, I can say that currently, in the way that "Zombie" has been made, it seems to be extremely situational, and very hard to pull off in a way that properly works. I'm sure it's possible, but I've never attempted to try to build a full poison build, my partner Void did that. He ended up dying a lot due to being unable to get healed from anywhere / anyone outside of himself. Now, it would definitely be fun to try to get a group of 3 or 4 together, all with poison builds and "Zombie" and act like we are playing "The Walking Dead". -Leptos

veteran
veteran
If you want to play 'Zombie', you will for sure need some teammates with poison wand or skills to heal you, if necessary. You would also need people to caste rain, to prevent fire of blowing everything up. You could also use poison error and grenade if there are. And all your food needs to be poisonous for sure. Also you could quaff poison flasks. But the main problems with zombie remain 'fire', perhaps counterable with the demon trait and a lot of fire resistance and healing abilities skills, who will kill you if you are a zombie.

I wonder how decaying touch would work on zombie though. Will he still get killed by healing or would it turn it into a real heal because it turns it around?

I would really like to experimet with those options, but playing dozens of hours the same and the same just to reach this state, would burn me up. xD

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard