Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#598683 20/01/17 06:26 PM
martn Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
well basically the attack/ animation i have i mind is and upwardstrike at the enemy that pushes the enemy right in to the air and make him smash onto the ground like a few meters away from you. maybe with some effekts like crippled or knocked down

veteran
veteran
this isnt anime

martn Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
phonix dive. im going to dash in to the sky and come landing on the ground like some freaking firegod #noanime

Last edited by martn; 20/01/17 06:51 PM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Kind of steps onto Air's toes there...

And given that Air is one of the two magic types that work for a melee character that is saying something.

veteran
veteran
It could be either some kind of Martial Arts or some kind of close combat magic, a hybrid skill tree. In reality teleport kind of does it already, it thows somebody into the air and lets him fall down. It just hast nothing to do with war and it is more a deplacement than a straight attack. It could as well be some kind of fierey attack: attack with an explosive firefist. Or an earth skill that gross a pillar under the feet of the target and throws him up, but that would be earth skill similar to Impenetration?

martn Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
i like your elemental versions. sounds fun too

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Stabbey
this isnt anime
Are you sure? Most of current skills would fit to Pokemon. That weapon slam to the ground so it wind away all the poison gas ? Teleport is staple attack and do the basically same, read description. All of the skills are "so powerful" that makes AOE, so warrior cripple strike cripples all people around ? Perhaps their eyes start to bleed from an magnificent punch. Its so anime already, so that upward strike sound like it fits.

Last edited by gGeo; 22/01/17 07:56 AM.
O
stranger
stranger
O
This would be awesome. I'd love to see some varied attack animations and could be connected to critical hits.

You hit them so hard they went flying!

The only issue I see is it interfering with environmental effects and strategic placement, sometimes you won't want the enemy to move at all.

Still sounds like an awesome idea though.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Oversoul
This would be awesome. I'd love to see some varied attack animations and could be connected to critical hits.

While I'm all for visual variety in attack animations, I'd rather see even the current skill tuned down a notch in terms of "flashiness" rather than adding more over-the-top stuff.

On a side note this is also tragically true for passive enchantments/buffs on equipment.

Few things feel "noisy" and annoying to me, from the visual standpoint", than having a late game party going around adorned like a bunch of Christmas trees.

Last edited by Tuco; 23/01/17 12:54 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard