Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
tee Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
There are many different paths leading to many different ways to escape fort joy.

1/ Escape by boat: You need to receive " Withermore Soul Jars" quest , so you can unlock a secret underground hatch by interacting with the shrine of seven in Fort Joy. Its a shortcut to the underground dungeon , once you down there , help the fallen magister and he will help you escape.

2/ Escape through a sewer: Its also located in the underground dungeon , in the tortune section. You will have to fight 3 meat golems and a maniac then escape through the sewer on the left.

3/ Escape through a habor: Its located in the area just after you go through a small secret cave in the beginning. There is a small gap between Fort Joy and the area which you can use any teleportation/jumping skills to get over. The battle at the habor is in your favor because you are the one that start with high-ground advantage.

4/ Escape by forcing your way through Fort Joy: You will get a little "help" from a Paladin inside the Fort. After the battle you can hit the switch nearby to lower the bridge then escape.

5/ Escape through the Magister room: You might need to finish the Muderous Gheist quest , Yarrow will give you a key to unlock the yellow door just to the right of the big guarded gate. Or you can picklock it. A fight awaits you pass that room. After the fight , look for a small room filled with wood boxes/barrels , remove them and you will see a way leading to the forest.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
You can avoid any fighting using method 5 if you sneak through the "courtroom". That and possibly the harbour route (I forget if I managed that one without any violence, but I think so) are two methods of escaping the fort without combat, although that's perhaps a moot point as all the magisters will turn hostile once you've made it to freedom.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
You kind of forgot the two easiest way:
Sneak into the fort, go to the first floor, there you can chose: Sneak past the court for the escape mentioned in 5 or sneak to the bridge open it and leave the fort using the bridge mentioned at 4. To have a way back the second on is the better one, and will also lead to the trader behind the bridge. But you will have to beware of the patroling magister, to not see you will you try to open it.

Also your Nr 1 is totally wrong: You don't need Withermore for the boat, you just need to save the kid Han from those two magister, who want to knidnap him.

I'm pretty sure, Harbour is not doable without any fighting, you will need to get past all the guys with Paladin Cork first anyhow.

You can leave the underground without any fighting, if you just sneak close and grab the key lying on the stool. In you options is also missing the 2 other ways to enter the underground: getting told the about entrance to the fire snail dungeon and following Gawain using teleport. Perphaps there is even a third way: getting thrown in jail, but I guess that works only for one char (at least if you got his collar removed).

If I'm not wrong, you missed a chest in the fight against the hound master, just as an add. ^^

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
If you want to leave with no violence then the easiest (if you don't find a tactical retreat scroll to let the ladder down) is to go through the fire-slug cave. You can sneak from there out of the prison without talking to let alone fighting anyone.

The problem is you will then be in the marshes at level 3 with shit gear. You'll need to gain some XP (go and see the dragon) and get some cash (do the maze) before you can go back to the fort finish them off.

veteran
veteran
Passing via the fireslug way is far longer, the easiest way is:
Teleporting on the ledge with the door, letting stairs down climbing up, entering the chamber with the key or lockpicking the door, sneaking past the court room guys.

You can get a lot exp just with exploring afterwards or fighting the voidwoken wave attack. They should not be to hard.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
Passing via the fireslug way is far longer, the easiest way is:
Teleporting on the ledge with the door, letting stairs down climbing up, entering the chamber with the key or lockpicking the door, sneaking past the court room guys.

You can get a lot exp just with exploring afterwards or fighting the voidwoken wave attack. They should not be to hard.

The Voidwoken wave is not the problem. They're pretty weak. It's the rest of the enemies around. You need some decent gear and skills to take on the skeletons or else you'll get wrecked even if your level matches theirs. (And I know, I just tried that encounter.)

So it seems like you should clear out all the magisters from the fort before leaving it.

veteran
veteran
As I said, you can get quite some exp just with exploring and the voidwoken waves, you even could get to the Seeker camp without any fighting, if I recall correctly. My friend and I are currently level 6 and killed the skeletons and so on, while most of the magisters in the Fort are still alive. We just forgot about them. Those skeletons did never do more, than killing one of use, and I think we were even matched back then. But I guess, the difficulty anyhow always depends on tactics and team setup so it's hard to generalize.

tee Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

Also your Nr 1 is totally wrong: You don't need Withermore for the boat, you just need to save the kid Han from those two magister, who want to knidnap him.

aah , you got me wrong. I was mentioning that quest would unlock a secret hatch lead straight to the underground prison/dungeon. I'm aware there are many different paths to each escapes , i mentioned so in the beginning , i just included one for each escapes : ).

btw , thanks for the adds guys , its really cool to see everybody got thier own ways and playstyles to reach each escapes : D .

I'll put this thread's link into the video's description so more people can come to discuss and discover new ways to escape Fort Joy.

veteran
veteran
I think in that case you should split the video up or so:
- ways to get into the fort
- ways to leave the fort

There are many ways to enter and many to leave, and they can mostly get mixed up in any kind of way.

B
stranger
stranger
B
/1 You can escape by the boat without battling the magisters by the boat and kid by supplying a code that you learn by saving another magister from a houndmaster.

/2 You can exit the sewer avoiding battle completely by giving the maniac a piece of meat you get from the scene at the entry to the prison.

/3 You can escape very early by entering the underground part of fort and sneaking to the broken part of the fort at the back above the trial room and moving the boxes without ever engaging a single fight.

Fully completing every event i managed to hit level 6 as i left the fort using a combination of skills. A lot of the extra experience points came from doing things in a very specific order rather than trying to escape as soon as possible.

I was roughly level 4.25 by the time before i even started hunting down magisters etc.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by BakinPacman
A lot of the extra experience points came from doing things in a very specific order rather than trying to escape as soon as possible.
People keep claiming this but I do not believe it is true.

Do you have any numbers to support this except for Elodie (XP200 ish) and Dallis Pets (XP2880 each)?

Sure if you do everything you will leave at level 5 (or 6 if you kill Dallis pets) but the order does not matter. I have played this part probably 100 times and the order makes no difference. You always get the same XP.

The only serious difference is if you engage Dallis (and therefore get XP from her pets) before you leave or you don't. If you don't you miss that chance.

You can choose whether to get XP from things (like Stingtail/Griff) but when you do it is immaterial - you can pop back at level 8 if you want and you will get the exact same (couple of thousand) XP. I know as I've done it.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Some tricks involved in gaining the most experience were to complete quest chains then kill certain npc's once they were completed. The other part was making sure you have the right attributes across you characters to get every chat prompt you require.

journeyman
journeyman
[quote=tee][size:14pt][b]1/ Escape by boat: You need to receive " Withermore Soul Jars" quest , so you can unlock a secret underground hatch by interacting with the shrine of seven in Fort Joy. Its a shortcut to the underground dungeon , once you down there , help the fallen magister and he will help you escape.

Really? I don't even remember a fallen magister. I'm going to try this on replay.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by drwargame
[quote=tee][size:14pt][b]1/ Escape by boat: You need to receive " Withermore Soul Jars" quest , so you can unlock a secret underground hatch by interacting with the shrine of seven in Fort Joy. Its a shortcut to the underground dungeon , once you down there , help the fallen magister and he will help you escape.

Really? I don't even remember a fallen magister. I'm going to try this on replay.

The fallen magister is the one on the ground with the houndmaster.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
His name is Delorus, he as really low hp, be careful not to kill him with AOE while fighting the Houndmaster. I dont know if there is a way not to fight the Houndmaster, all dialogue options seem to start a fight for me, so escaping by boat requires at least fighting the Houndmaster.

Didn't know you could give meat to Kniles, does he only accepts Atusa's meat? Does it give you experience doing so and then killing him after gives you more?

Last edited by Finito; 26/01/17 03:18 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Finito
His name is Delorus, he as really low hp, be careful not to kill him with AOE while fighting the Houndmaster. I dont know if there is a way not to fight the Houndmaster, all dialogue options seem to start a fight for me, so escaping by boat requires at least fighting the Houndmaster.

Didn't know you could give meat to Kniles, does he only accepts Atusa's meat? Does it give you experience doing so and then killing him after gives you more?

It's wrong. You don't need to fight the Hound Master for boat escape, that is my issue with this video. You need to safe Han from two Magister who want to kidnap him to get the boat escape. Or better said: I don't know, what exactly Delorus would offer if you rescue him.

veteran
veteran
It's wrong. You don't need to fight the Hound Master for boat escape, that is my issue with this video. You need to safe Han from two Magister who want to kidnap him to get the boat escape. Or better said: I don't know, what exactly Delorus would offer if you rescue him.

Delorus offers you a password to tell the two Magisters beside Han, which
if used improperly can trigger a fight, and if used properly gets the Magisters to leave.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Well I did try to go to where the boat should be with Han in the fort without fighting the Houndmaster and he wasnt there. So maybe there is something else that triggers the Han event or that removes them, maybe a timer or killing some magisters.

For example, I bypassed the event of Atusa and to enter the fort I went in from the main locked gate by killing the hound and 2 guards, I also killed the patrolling guard with his hound, but once inside Han and the 2 magisters werent there.

veteran
veteran
We always found them, when we sneaked in. Perhaps killing the front guard makes the difference.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
There was a couple of times I found nobody there either. I assumed it was just because I'd dithered too much, but I don't know if that was actually the case.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard