Print Thread
#598977 29/01/17 09:02 AM
P
Pickel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Why do the terrain effects (fire, electricity, etc) NOT take many hits to characters for nudging themselves forwards, while running through it would only take one set of damage? Not gonna lie, kinda aggrovating.
Its a thing ive noticed playing the previous game (EE for anyone curious) and am wondering if there is something im missing.
I also noticed that the damage ratings scale up (duh, right?). well can anyone tell me how this scales?
Does it...
-Scale with the weapon used?
-The charecter who set it ablaze?
-The poor recipient of flames?
-Is the damage affected by it's whole life cycle, ie poison on ground/cloud to fire as apposed to simply using a fire attack (like the lizards) directly on the ground?

Why isn't it a set distance walked before taking damage (maybe add a "stopped on terrain" check to prevent minmaxing or something) instead of this randomness I've been seeing. Could those instead of those dots change it do dashes, maybe a small fire icon or something at points of burning my poor puppet alive?

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere

Last edited by Pickel; 29/01/17 09:03 AM.
stranger
stranger
im just here to bump it up so everyone sees this topic

Last edited by martn; 30/01/17 03:23 PM.
veteran
veteran
Elemental damage scales with the specific elemental skill if it scales the damage. If you don't have such skill learned, the damage stays on the basic damage level. So if I'm not mistaken, it depends on the character who set it ablaze, if I'm not mistaken. But not every environmental comes from a character, some happen indirectly through different effects. Sometimes it is hard to tell who exactly caused it.

Not sure, what the first part of the question means. If you dash you move faster and therefore you have less steps to take, so less contact to the ground?

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Terrain damage being really important in battles, especially in DOS2. It would be really helpful if there was some indication in the moving phase to identify how your path will be affected by terrain dmg.

For example, if i want to stop in front of a electrified puddle, the moving icon could change color when it is considering my character will walk in the puddle instead of stopping before.

Also, being on fire terrain, knowing how many hits from fire you will take to walk out of it would be helpful too if you are low hp. Maybe simply show some estimated dmg next to the move icon.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Finito
Terrain damage being really important in battles, especially in DOS2. It would be really helpful if there was some indication in the moving phase to identify how your path will be affected by terrain dmg.

For example, if i want to stop in front of a electrified puddle, the moving icon could change color when it is considering my character will walk in the puddle instead of stopping before.

Also, being on fire terrain, knowing how many hits from fire you will take to walk out of it would be helpful too if you are low hp. Maybe simply show some estimated dmg next to the move icon.

I made the suggestion of indicators for where the path goes over surfaces before the EE came out. It really should have made it into that game and it really should be in this game as well.

P
Pickel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Unsure why I added the NOT part at the start of the post, dumb moment confirmed.

Martn: Thanks!

Kalrakh: "Elemental damage scales with the specific elemental skill if it scales the damage."
You are referring to the trees such as pyrokinetic correct? so level 5 in pyro would result in figuratively level 5 flames? and do you know if it was poison previously affects this level?

"Not sure, what the first part of the question means. If you dash you move faster and therefore you have less steps to take, so less contact to the ground?"
I don't feel like sprinting through the fire should hurt less than taking a pinky toe and poking the edge of the fire. And like I said dumb moment, it probably make more sense now

Finito: I'm glad you agree, I think if the game shown to use the environment to its full advantage, then the information should be clearly displayed to players. I'll love it either way though.

Stabbey: Hopefully we can make it a thing in this Iteration

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Pickel

You are referring to the trees such as pyrokinetic correct? so level 5 in pyro would result in figuratively level 5 flames? and do you know if it was poison previously affects this level?

I just tested with my level 8 party, and I can tell you this:

(Boring test stuff)
Both my Pyromancer and my Support Mage have the same damage on their environmental effects.

-My Pyromancer has 28 intelligence, 5 pyrokinetic, 1 geomancer, and leaves behind a 8-9 damage fire using both Searing Daggers and Fireball, and also a 8-9 damage poison effect using Magical Poison Dart.

-My Support Mage has 23 intelligence, 1 pyrokinetic, 1 geomancer, and leaves exactly the same 8-9 damage effects on the ground using the same skills.

I tested with the same party in a previous save where they were only level 7 and they left behind 6-7 damage effects. As soon as they leveled up to 8, the damage jumped to 8-9.

Also tested with my decked out level 8 Pyromancer from another run. 44 Intelligence and 7 Pyrokinetic. Also leaves a 8-9 damage fire effect on the ground.

And my Ranger as well, using fire arrows. She has 0 points in Pyrokinetic and no extra points in Intelligence. Same result.

So skills used, Intelligence and Combat Abilities have no noticeable effect on the damage.

It's safe to say the damage of environmental effects is only affected by your level.

veteran
veteran
So, the elemental damage boost does not apply to caused enviromental stuff. But enviromental stuff can trigger Pain reflection, kind of odd. One way you are linked to your cause inferno, the other you are not.

About the dashing: If you jump through fire, you get less burned as if you walk through it. Sure, in reality your cloth could still catch fire, but there you don't have magic armor anyway.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard