Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 52 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 51 52
E
stranger
stranger
E
I think this happens most after some kind of status spell is cast, like rage or encourage.

But anyway, for all 4 of our party yesterday, we repeatedly could not click on an enemy to place a basic attack. special attacks still worked as normal. we had to resort to attacking the ground, and frequently missing the enemy if we didn't click exactly the right spot.

veteran
veteran
Was it a specific enemie?

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
I feel really stupid now, the select button isnt working when i click it. But when i press enter is works fine. Maybe thats a glitch?

W
stranger
stranger
W
Once the Start Screen comes up, I'm unable to launch the game (continue, load, etc.). In fact, I can't click on any options or quit either. The only thing I can do is CTRL+ALT+DEL to close the program in task manager. I'm wondering if this is related to a recent WIN10 update "KB 3216755 (OS Build 14393.726)" that auto-downloaded last night. I noticed there is a "Game Mode" now for WIN10 if you're on the fast ring of the WIN10 Insider Preview Group. Even after turning off Game Mode, the screen is non-responsive. I was able to play a few days ago, so I think this is a new bug or error from the WIN10 update. Any suggestions other than rolling back WIN10 to the previous version?

Support
Support

Does the highlighted menu entry change if you use the up and down arrow keys, and can you select an option with Enter? If you hit Enter on Campaign, Arena or Options, Esc should let you return to the main menu.
Did you try Alt-F4 to close the game?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? Firewalls can cause conflicts, and the Windows update may have reset permissions (though that should cause a freeze or the being unresponsive).

Try exiting out of the Steam client, and starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator.

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

Try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin 2' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing.
Next, extract the replacement folder from the download below into your '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder, and see if that will let you start the game and interact at the main menu.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjvq79igruaeu4h/DOS2_doc_20165341.zip?dl=0

The graphicSettings.lsx file is set to 1280x720 Windowed mode, Very Low quality preset, which you can change in the options (manually, or hit autodetect) if this helps.
If you still can not click any menu entries, you can delete the downloaded My Documents D:OS 2 folder and rename the original back again.

E
stranger
stranger
E
My problem is when I play after a few minutes of play my computer freezes up and I have to do a hard reset. My rig is AMD FX 9590 Eight Core, I have 32 gigs of RAM, GPU is Nvidia GTX 970. I never have had any problems with any game. I have followed most of the instructions from similar problems with other users. I have turned off all antivirus software, went into steam folder and ran the supporttool app in admin mode. I ran cupid and everything checks out fine temp wise. I would love to continue to play so if anyone has ideas I welcome them.

Support
Support

Have you tried lowering the graphics settings and resolution, or switching to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that would make a difference?
One person reported stability problems in D:OS if they had Ambient Occlusion enabled, for example, but the game was fine if they disabled it and enabled it in their graphics drivers. You could try disabling all the post processing in the graphics options, etc.
Another was getting random reboots, which they tracked down to the graphics options in any game being different than was set as default in their video drivers (for anti-aliasing, ambient occlusion, etc).

Do you have Vsync enabled, or the frame rate cap set in the options? Try enabling, lowering or disabling those options.

Try resetting your graphics driver's 3D settings to default (right click an open area of the desktop to start the nvidia Control Panel).

It couldn't hurt to try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.

Check for updated graphics drivers and Windows updates in general.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I tried all of the above the only thing I couldn't figure out was verifying the steam cache. I tried doing what was suggested but when I went to properties on the Divinity exe I couldn't find the Local Files tab to run verification.

Edit: Just verified the game.

Last edited by Enoshen; 31/01/17 12:37 AM.
Support
Support

No effect at all?

Have you tried other, similarly demanding games recently?

Try checking your system files (though if only D:OS 2 is freezing, it is less likely a system problem):
- click Start, type cmd into the search box, right click Command Prompt and select run as administrator.
- type the following command and hit Enter
sfc /scannow
When that is done, type exit and hit Enter, then reboot your computer.
For more details, see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/929833

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, Click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button, then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I tried it. Everything checked out ok. As far as games are concerned I run everything just fine. Currently playing Dishonored 2 at near max graphics, and Far Cry Primal.

After I did what you said the game lasted longer than it ever did I played nearly an hour then it finally crashed. I am hopeful in the future releases that this will work itself out.

Support
Support

That's progress, anyway.
There will be an update very soon, so that may make a difference (though this isn't a known issue that there would be fixes specifically for).

enthusiast
enthusiast
There is no rouge in the tags menu during character creation. Unless outlaw has replaced rouge. It seems to have very similar dialogue options, but i was almost certain outlaw was already a tag.

Last edited by Damashi; 02/02/17 09:21 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Made screenshot of 2 bugs I encountered in the last build:

http://imgur.com/qf4qLUJ -> Red prince text: I am I still a prince, and I still have my honour.

http://imgur.com/Vy8LHAu -> dwarf needs some training how to hold a sword.

N
norD Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by Damashi
There is no rouge in the tags menu during character creation. Unless outlaw has replaced rouge. It sees to have very similar dialogue options, but i was almost certain outlaw was already a tag.

Yes, Rogue has been replaced by Outlaw.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by norD
Originally Posted by Damashi
There is no rouge in the tags menu during character creation. Unless outlaw has replaced rouge. It sees to have very similar dialogue options, but i was almost certain outlaw was already a tag.

Yes, Rogue has been replaced by Outlaw.

Oh ok, thanks for the reply. I was extremely confused at first.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Got a really bad red flickering issue whenever someone attacked during the crocodile fight on near the high ground area.

Last edited by Damashi; 02/02/17 09:49 PM.
Support
Support

Grompie;

The dialogue line had been fixed, and will be in a future update.

Many 2 handed swords have an unsharpened section of the blade above the hilt, possibly with a smaller hand guard (for great swords, anyway), for more control in close quarter fighting, etc.
The current walk animations for dwarves in the released version, with the unsheathed sword, are being updated to match the idle/running animations.

Damashi;

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

What GPU do you have? It may be a driver or GPU issue with a particular effect.
Maybe check for updated graphics drivers.

If that doesn't help, please email supportdos2@larian.com, with a description and a save during the fight where this can be reproduced (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames' folder. In Windows Explorer you can zip file(s) and folder(s) by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipper) Folder'.

Also include a dxdiag report (WinKey-R, type in dxdiag and hit enter, then when it finishes loading click on the 'Save All Information...' button and save the report somewhere handy).

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Raze
Many 2 handed swords have an unsharpened section of the blade above the hilt, possibly with a smaller hand guard (for great swords, anyway), for more control in close quarter fighting, etc.

Yeah, from Albion's description of their Tyrolean:

The sword was designed for broad, sweeping cutting blows (such as clearing a line of pikes) and then for thrusting by using a "half-swording" technique (gripping the hilt in one hand and the blade in the other) in close-quarter fighting.

Something I'm quite inexpert about myself. As much as I'd love to learn how to actually handle the various swords in my collection, it's probably best that I don't. I like having fingers.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
v3.0.31.292

Ifan sometimes stops following the party even if he's chained to them. He just stands there and as you move he eventually teleports closer to the party without moving.

This bug seems to happen after I unchain my main character and then rechain them. Ifan is a warrior and was in the second slot.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I've had a problem with one person in my party going inactive during a battle. They cant move and cast any skills but can be interacted with, even after the battle ends. This has happened to every companion at some point, the only way to fix it was to have them leave and come back. Though once back the next fight they would go inactive again.

Page 28 of 52 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 51 52

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard