Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 52 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 51 52
veteran
veteran

[img]http://imgur.com/a/UQEbQ[/img]

3.0.33 issue: I play in single player. My main char is the red prince. When I trade with other chars, only my main char has a reputation value (the number marked in the image, I do not know the official name) bigger than 0. It is 0 for all other chars. The value of my main char seem to go up slowly (maybe because of my level? I am lv 4)

In any case, it is very obscure how this value is determined and why different chars have different values.

PS: I did never give Items to others for free to increase the value. My comment above is referring to the base value.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
veteran
veteran
[img]http://imgur.com/a/WMVr3[/img]

3.0.33 Bug: I select the resurrection scroll. The cursor asks me what I want to teleport. It should ask me what I want to resurrect.

Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
3.0.33 bugs:

If you talk to Stingtail as Sebille before using the tattoo needle you lose her quest conversation option. If you use the needle after and talk to him he just says "Not to worry I haven't slept..." and you lose the chance to confront him.

Roost's Rabbit Paw claims to give immunity to poisoned, bleeding and sleeping. It doesn't. It heals an elf (but not other races) and is not consumed when you eat it but stays for ever in your inventory to be reused.

veteran
veteran
[img]http://imgur.com/a/PuXYt[/img]

3.0.33: Paintings usually hang on walls or lean against a wall. If you move them, they stay in this position which looks strange when they stand in an open space. I tried to move some images to one place to show how this looks. It worked fine with the small paintings (red circle). When I tried to move the big painting, it got stuck between the pillar and the wall in the air. I cannot move it anymore.

PS: It was a good idea to make the large paintings really heavy. It will not prevent players from stealing them, but it gets harder to steal all of them at once. (I am not sure what was their wight in earlier version).

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Not sure if this counts as a bug or whether it is supported or not. I guess not.

You can play the game perfectly fine through RDP. If however you take the "Options" button on the main menu it crashes. All the other buttons work as does playing (albeit slowly).

While you would hardly want to do a playthough via remote desktop you might want to, I don't know, do a bit of crafting while you were on the train to work. That works OK. Except for the Options button.

veteran
veteran
3.0.33: when crafting,
empty potion bottle + wisperwood =small magic armor potion
empty potion bottle + intestines = small poison bottle
are not added to the receipe book

Is there a complete list of known receipes and if they are added to the receipe book or not?
The things I posted, I found them by trying to combine random things from the inventory.

veteran
veteran
[img]http://imgur.com/a/wFYLD[/img]

3.0.33: not so intelligent AI
During the combat at the gates, this magister moved from one platform to the other without using any attack or ability.
It looks like enemies consider hight advantage so importent that they walk across the whole map to get it.
Since the AI patch, it is the first time that an enemy (except the dog in the arena) used his turn without doing anything harmful to me, even thogh he had a chance to do so.

I play in explorer mode.

In any case, the AI is now much better than before the patch or in the first game. The summit of stupidity was an enemy in D:OS1. He walked around without using any skill and managed to get 3 attacks of opportunety from me in one turn, which killed him.

veteran
veteran
3.0.33 bug: Fire on the ground from phoenix dive does not disappear by itself, it stays there forever unless you remove it yourself.

Ground fire from fireball or searing daggers disappears after 2 rounds.
Did somebody test for all skills that produce ground effects, if they cause a permanent ground effect or not?

veteran
veteran
[img]http://imgur.com/a/Jiscv[/img]

3.0.33: gravity is overrated
Sometimes, moving items around can lead to strange looking results, especially when the ground is not flat. This dressing panel is floating in the air, but you can still move it (unlike the big painting in a former post). You need to move it when you want to reach a hidden chest.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Madscientist
[img]http://imgur.com/a/Jiscv[/img]

3.0.33: gravity is overrated
Sometimes, moving items around can lead to strange looking results, especially when the ground is not flat. This dressing panel is floating in the air, but you can still move it (unlike the big painting in a former post). You need to move it when you want to reach a hidden chest.
Get a grip. There is nothing wrong there at all.

You moved the screen there. It is standing on its left corner and to be honest it looks like it is resting on the bush behind.

What do want to happen? You want it to fall over and tumble down the cliff or something?

If you were writing a game would you put all your effort into animating such things? And if so why?

veteran
veteran
For immersion? Immersion is kind of one of the main purposes of a RPG?

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Well yes. I still think it looks like it is leaning on the bush though.

veteran
veteran
When I play a computer game (This one or any other, especially when it is an alpha or beta test) I will report everything where:
- I think something does not work as intended (I call this a bug) or
- I think that something could be done in a better way.

Its up to the devs to decide if:
- This is a bug that need to be fixed
- It works fine most of the time and we can accept that sometimes it can lead to strange (but not harmful) effects or
- It is working as intended.

regarding this specific example: I came to this room, threw this thing out of the way and then I thought WTF and looked at if for a minute from all angles. Yes, it is really floating in the air, I know it is hard to see in this image and it was quite immersion breaking for me.

veteran
veteran
[img]http://imgur.com/a/laRVl[/img]

3.0.33: missing icon and tooltip
This bench saw has no tooltip in the game world and it has no icon in the crafting screen.

But it is good to see that there are new items you can interact with.

Edit: The well has also no tooltip as an item in the world where you can do crafting with. In those 2 cases I do not mind because you can easyli see what it is.

Last edited by Madscientist; 14/02/17 10:30 PM.

veteran
veteran
[img]http://imgur.com/a/bqlqJ[/img]

You cannot interact with anvils, even though the mouse turns into a "use" symbol over them. I suppose they can be used for crafting, like in the first game.

veteran
veteran
Crafting is barely implementented so many crafting stuff just does not work, many recipes are still not working either.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
If you pick up a companion after leveling up and do not chose their default role they do not get their skills/talents/traits etc.

For example I tried picking up both Ifan and Lohse when I was Sebille at level 6. If I took their default role they got 8 Attributes, 4 combat abilities and one each civil ability and trait. If I chose them to be a witch or any another class they both got nothing (they did level up to 5 but got no points).

veteran
veteran
3.0.33 bug: missing icon, found when trading with windego at lv5.

[img]http://imgur.com/a/IwBGB[/img]

EDIT: In case you ask, the lower ? is a bucket I have posted before.

Last edited by Madscientist; 16/02/17 05:28 PM.

veteran
veteran
3.0.33: I have left fort joy and arrived in the swamp. When I returned to town, the magister who walks through town with a dog and the 2 magisters at the entrance of town were hostile and I killed them. I have already killed the guards at the entrance of the magister fortress when I came there from the inside.
The magisters Migo and Yarrow are not hostile, I can talk to them as before. I think they became hostile like the other magisters before the patch. Not sure if this is intended or not, but I post it just in case.

veteran
veteran
3.0.33: another amulet without icon sold by windego.
Looks like she sells those things quite often.

[img]http://imgur.com/a/tyHsi[/img]

Page 32 of 52 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 51 52

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard