Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
Possible exploit: when stealing items?

I noticed when 1 of your character is stealing items and the NPCs confront your party, you can get away with it by:

1) having character with high persuasion finish first

2) have that character drop items

Another way is to unchain 1 of your characters and have them stand far away. Then send the items to that person.

Is this supposed to happen or is this an exploit?

veteran
veteran
I've noticed the dropping items and allowing the search one. The magic-pockets sending the items away is almost certainly intentional, otherwise Stealing would probably be too obnoxious to use.

enthusiast
enthusiast
yeah try divinity EE's stealing which is easy as hell unless there's alot of npc's in a small space. Least you're more likely to get punished for stealing in 2 though i've gotten used to playing around the systems in place or when i fail save-scum.

Rogues are the best
addict
OP Offline
addict
Oh theft in Divinity EE was like: let's go invisible and steal! Most of the times you failed only when you stole over the weight.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I've noticed the dropping items and allowing the search one. The magic-pockets sending the items away is almost certainly intentional, otherwise Stealing would probably be too obnoxious to use.

I guess it is: also since it seems intentional, at least it adds a little more challenge. Already stealing is tough and fun 'cos of the cones and people walking around.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by DrunkenTofu
. Already stealing is tough and fun 'cos of the cones and people walking around.
Or you use walk in shadows, then it is too easy.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by lx07
Originally Posted by DrunkenTofu
. Already stealing is tough and fun 'cos of the cones and people walking around.
Or you use walk in shadows, then it is too easy.

Ah forgot about that one... even if you walk in shadows, you should pass some of detection check. Like some of the sharper-eyed characters(high wits) would notice things are missing or some outline in the shadows. Maybe they get a qn mark over their head. Plus if you're moving around in water, blood, etc., people would notice some movement. (Ok, maybe the last one is too demanding for Larian Studios.)

enthusiast
enthusiast
adding a system where wit detecs to invis would weaken an 1 average skill even if it only applied outside of combat that would weaken the flanking possibilities with the skill.

Rogues are the best

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard