Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 52 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 51 52
stranger
stranger

Did you absorb her soul jar? If so, it kills her. The only weird part about this is that other characters don't seem to react to her being dead.

Ohhhhhh. I totally forgot about that! Wow.Good catch. Then no bug, but they might want a warning somewhere in there. And definitely there should be a reaction. I had totally forgotten about the soul jar's I absorbed for source points.

Last edited by Rusty_TL; 07/03/17 11:07 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
So today i tried to Switch my profile to play one of my many characters and was not able to do so.No error Message or Notification. No matter what profile i try to switch to it just remains on the one i played yesterday. i tried making a new profile, restarting my client, and restarting my computer. The only thing i didn't try was to delete the profile it was stuck on because it is my Main profile.

Support
Support

When you click on a different profile (or use the up or down arrow keys to highlight different profiles), does the text colour for the name turn red?
Try hitting the Enter key, rather than clicking the Select button.

Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames' folder.
Try moving all your saves from your current profile to the Savegames folder for the new profile, then delete/move the current main profile. Alternately, move your current main profile somewhere else, start the game, create a new profile with the same name, exit and move the saves to the that new profile.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Random complete freezes, no warning it seems at all but it prevents me from interacting with anything but the small menu at the bottom. ex. Hotkeys for ESC don't bring up the menu but pressing the button in the bottom will, however I cannot use skills or even move.

Support
Support

After bringing up the menu, does it help to save and reload? (assuming you can save)

S
stranger
stranger
S
In the final battle with the voidwoken drillworm, my friend and I fled battle when only the worm and the elementalist were still alive. We came back and it looked like the worm had killed the elementalist (which is fine), but when we went to fight the worm it did not react to us. It just sat there for 8 turns or so as we pummeled it til it died.

Also, I don't know if this is a bug or intended, but the "permanent" blood rose potion effects have disappeared from two of our characters. It may have happened after they died and were resurrected--I'm not sure.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I have been playing the most recent version for about a week now, but in the last couple of days, whenever I try to load my character profile, the first (and default) option I see is Debug_Client_Profile_1 and beneath it is my character name, Ravynne. This first appeared 3 days ago after several days of normal loading. When I try to choose my profile, it fails to load it and remains locked on Debug_Client_Profile_1. If I keep exiting out, clicking around, trying to change it, eventually it loads Ravynne after several attempts. Sometimes, I have to keep trying for 10-15 minutes. I'm not sure why this happened or what I might do to fix it.

Support
Support

After selecting your original profile (clicking or using the up and down arrow keys) does the text turn red? If clicking the Select button doesn't work reliably to switch, does hitting Enter?

Can you delete the debug profile?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

Try (optionally) exiting out of the Steam client (if applicable), and starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator. Does that avoid the problem? If so, you can right click again, select properties, switch to the Compatibility tab and check the option to always run as administrator.

If that doesn't help, try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin 2' subfolder. This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder.
Next, start the game and create a new profile, then exit and copy the saves from the renamed folder to the Savegames folder for the newly created profile (doesn't matter if the name matches or not).

R
stranger
stranger
R
Thank you for your prompt reply. The text does turn red when I click on it, but it does not load it regardless of whether I use a mouse-click or a keyboard enter and arrows.

The Debug profile can not be deleted.

I am not running it through Steam, it is directly from GOG. I tried running it as administrator and that does not resolve the issue either.

I tried renaming the folder, copying the saved games files, etc. but even then, the Debug profile was there and I was unable to change it, despite creating a new profile and everything. The Debug profile showed up in every case, was unable to be deleted, and I was unable to change it to my char profile. I also created a new profile with a diff name and tried switching to it, after a fresh launch and otherwise, and it still didn't fix it.

What a conundrum!

R
stranger
stranger
R
Follow up on the Debug: I was able to successfully open my char when I created more than one new char and copied the saved game files over to multiple new chars. Then, whichever one it will let me switch to, I can play. I also deleted the Debug profile. But when I relaunched the game the Debug profile was recreated.

Last edited by ralively; 25/03/17 12:32 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Three minor issues:

[*]Hovering over Sahelia shows that she has PERMANENT_BLIND_DisplayName as a property.

[*]In a chest near Migo there is a GM_ARM_Leather_UpperBody_Bandit item

[*]I dropped a barrel onto a crate, and the barrel disappeared into the crate instead of landing on top. When opening the crate, the barrel wasn't part of the crate's inventory, but I could see the barrel inside when the top animated open. Moving the crate also moved the barrel that was "inside" it. Only by picking up the crate into inventory was the barrel exposed to interact with again.

Last edited by ralively; 25/03/17 04:10 PM.
norD #601400 29/03/17 01:57 PM
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
A couple of retrograde changes in patch v3.0.50.423 - not sure if they are bugs or not...

Space bar now no longer closes empty containers (only if they contain something). Need to close them with mouse or move away. This makes looting multiple containers much slower.

You can no longer unpin the basic attack icon from position one in the toolbar. Quite apart from it being a pointless icon and wasting space, if you are spamming through dialogue you always end up selecting attack at the end. This is annoying. I much preferred replacing position one with bedroll (you can't go wrong with a rest) and dropping the basic attack from toolbar. Please let it be (re)moved again.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I'd like to start with how much I love this game. When I most recently played, however, I noticed a few glitches and typos.

1. During the Red Prince's introduction speech, and I can't remember where exactly, there was a typo.

2. In the shrine at fort joy, one of the items is labelled as "f". It seems to be a container of some kind based on the description, but I can't totally tell which is which since there's a lot of items.

3. If you combine fire and void stuff to get the tentacle fire (forgot the name of it) then step in water out of battle, the game gives you the same message a lot of times.

4. Sometimes returning to corpses after the initial interaction where they die in a scripted event (Sebille killing the lizard, that cannibal on the beach, ect.) they will be standing up in the T pose, but still function as a corpse.

L
stranger
stranger
L
- When zooming on Lizard Chars, their heads still disappear (probably an known bug).

- When being worn by female Lizards, the Stainted Shirt dropped by the Freshly Burried Corpse at the grave near the Red Prince's location, has messed-up textures (probably known, too).

- Spawning an Incarnate into shallow water (i.e. at the beach), it will not gain any elemental status, although the characters standing in the water get 'wet'.

Last edited by LizardEyes; 29/03/17 07:10 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
More glitches! Because I love this game enough to care!

1. In Fort Joy, in the room where you fight Magister Orivand, one of the pews is labelled "PEW", suggesting blaster fire. I appreciate it, but I was worried I'd be attacked again after that giant fight.

2. I found the source of the corpse glitches. Basically, if too many people die in one room, some may disappear, and some assume a standing pose. The aforementioned Magister Orivand fight is a great example.

3. I had a character (Iffan, if that matters), who was on fire for like a lot of turns. We're talking upwards of 10. After the fight, he was still on fire until the game was reset. No damage, and water couldn't put him out. I tried freezing him, and that worked, so it was just the fire effect.

4. Sometimes, when transferring things to another party member's inventory, the hand icon stays on the portrait after you mouse off. It goes away when you mouse over it again.

5. Some dock surfaces (particularily the one outside of port Joy near the island with the basket) are physical for players but not for objects. If you teleport the basket on top of the wooden surface, it sinks to the bottom of the planet.

Again, I appreciate your efforts to make this game as awesome as possible, and I'm loving the new classes- especially the summoner. It's a standby for me now.

Support
Support

lx07;
Unlock the skillbar and you can drag the 'Basic Attack' icon off. Currently, there is no way to add it back on, for those who use that (rather than left clicking when holding Left Ctrl).

EmperorCoconut;

1. Do you recall the general approach you took, and with which character? I went through the Red Prince recruitment once, but didn't notice any typos.

2. The 'f' description is a known issue; the item is a bowl.

3. What is the message? Was the water connected or separate?

4. Bodies standing up is a known issue; the cause is being investigated.

+

1. Other item descriptions, like TORCH and PAINTING are in all caps, as well.

3. Do you have a save from when Ifan was on fire, after the fight (or during if this is reproducible)?

4. Is there anything in particular that seams to trigger this?

LizardEyes;

When and where is this? I don't have a problem in character creation or after getting into the game (unless moving the camera in far enough to start culling with the head and body).

I'm not sure if that is a known issue (didn't seem particularly messed up to me), but checking in the QA version, I got (on the second try) a Ripped Shirt, rather than Stained Shirt (the first, foul trousers), so it looks like there have been some update to the treasure tables.

The ocean isn't technically a surface.

L
stranger
stranger
L
You mean the issue regarding invisible heads? Ok, I should have been more accurate about describing the issues.

If a female lizard sits on a bench/chair, zooming in to the max causes the head to disappear. The same could happen before when zooming on a female lizard that is under certain status effects, but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

The glitch regarding the shirt... it's just a generic texture glitch regarding the Stained Shirt, I think that it's not important where to get it from. Bad description again, my bad.

About the ocean... Yeah, I'm seeing the point. shame

Edit:

Regarding EmperorCoconut's report about the typo:

When talking to the Red Prince with Lohse, in one dialogue option a word is missing (afair a 'what'), though I can't recall what you had to say to get to that point.

Last edited by LizardEyes; 30/03/17 03:41 PM.
Support
Support

Now that you mention it, I do recall the disappearing head issue with sitting lizards.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I think I was one of those reporting this issue before.

But anyways, I did some more testing. The issue with disappearing heads seemingly only affects female lizards in sitting positions. I tested this with male lizards and both male and female humans. Don't know about dwarfs. In addition, there are several Elf NPCs that sit down once in a while without any issues. When the game entered EA the bug also affected other races; this issue seems to be fixed.

The bug regarding disappearing heads when under status effects (like 'Diseased') seems to be fixed however.

Last edited by LizardEyes; 30/03/17 06:12 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
When fighting Dallis just inside the prison (around about where initial encounter with Elodi was), Elodi joins in (with green outline for ally). She is however hiding in her cave doesn't actually join in or do anything. The camera jumps to the cave when it is her turn (you see her cowering in fear) and then jumps back again.

During this fight it was not possible to use laslor's lute (the one he gives Lohse that gives your party 20 turns hastened). Perhaps you can only use it outside combat.

After defeating Dallis the contaminated necro saleswoman accused me of murder (perhaps because I teleported Alexander towards her to get him out of the way). She should be pleased I'd have thought and no-one else turned aggressive.

Entering the Gargoyle maze from the back (climb the cliff along the beach to the right after the void salamanders) results in the gargoyles telling you that you are doing the maze backwards (which is quite possible). Unfortunately every gargoyle goes through the same conversation with every single party member in every room. This can happen multiple times if you pass the same gargoyle more than once especially if you party is chained together.

Page 35 of 52 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 51 52

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard