Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
I did see Skin Graft. However, it only really bear some similarity in that it removes some status effects. Otherwise the concept is pretty much completely opposite of the concept I had in mind for Shed Skin.

Skin Graft is designed for maximum offensive output because it resets all your cooldowns, but it strips away your armor. The only statuses it clears are damage-over-time ones. The reason why you use it is for the cooldowns, not the status clearing.

Shed Skin is basically a pure defensive skill, it clears your status effects, but it leaves your armor intact, although it does lower your maximum HP. The status clearing is the only thing Shed Skin does, and the only reason to use it.

old hand
old hand
Skin Graft and the Shed Skin concept are basically similar in flavor only. Skin Graft does sound stupid good to me, just another one of those skills that will let you break the game, and another that skill that cries for larger skill requirements. Losing armor is a big downside, but the offensive onslaught it enables is extreme, especially later in the combat when you might have no or little armor anyway.

Originally Posted by Alanta
I actually use elven racial almost exclusively for the 1 ap bonus so I wouldn't want it nerfed. I'd rather see other racials buffed to this level.

Yeah, the damage boost is basically icing on the cake. I'd probably prefer making each racial significant rather than nerfing them all down to mediocrity, but an extra AP is a sizeable bonus in itself.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard