Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
New features, while exciting, sometimes come with adorable little bugs in tow. In the event that a few slip through our virtual net, we try to squash them as quickly as possible. This hotfix fixes the following problems:
  • Corpses standing up after playing for over one hour
  • Doors being open visually, while they were actually closed
  • Being able to share skills via character portrait
  • Corrupt textures on certain characters in the character creation screen
Savegames are compatible with v3.0.50.423.

Thank you for the quick feedback on our most recent patch. Please keep posting any issues you have!

H
stranger
stranger
H
I feel confused when I see that the skill "necromancer - Decaying touch"is described as "vs physical armor"in v 3.0.50 and v 3.0.52,and it turns to be true when I really start a game.In my memory,it is a skill"vs magical armor" from the first version until v3.0.33.....and I don't see any description in any update log.
Is there any unchecked mistake,or do I miss a corresponding change log?Thanks.

veteran
veteran
They changed everything in Necro into 'vs. physical' if I'm not mistaken.

G
stranger
stranger
G

All skills that depend on the body strength (blind, curse, bleeding, creepling etc.) now vs phs.armor. I do not see anything strange in this, because necromancers most often interact directly with the body, not mind.
But yeah, no logs for this action...

S
stranger
stranger
S
Necro's Blood Sucker ability was has been not working. It hasn't been healing my character or Ifan when used. When Ifan uses it, it actually shows the blood being removed but still no healing. When my character tries all it does is show the animation for Blood Sucker, but no healing or blood removal on the ground. Anybody else have this issue?

old hand
old hand
What is so significant that I'm having to download the entire game again instead of the patch just updating it? I was very excited to see a new build... I until realizing I'm gonna have to spend 7 hours re-downloading the entire game.

The latest patch from GOG said it wasn't compatible with the previous version of the game and I had to download it.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 14/04/17 09:39 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Support
Support

I think the patch available now just updates from 3.0.50.423 to 3.0.52.425. The Galaxy client can update from previous versions, though AFAIK has not been optimized for download size yet, so might be comparable to the full download size anyway.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Loshe after speaking to that elf in the cave and becoming temporarily possessed (you pick elf's side) is being beaten and gets up(after that walks funny - no animation - the character just slides for a wile)

old hand
old hand
The reason why I don't use the GOG Galaxy is because time and time I've learned. The more software involved in playing a game, the higher the chance of something not working and interrupting when I get to play a game. This happened at Steam, only needed to happen once, and now I no longer use Steam. Divinity Original Sin was my test if steam was worth getting into...Steam failed. Mainly due to constant Steam Client Launcher downloads and updates preventing me from gaming when I wanted to.

Only reason why I even considered steam was due to the early access from Kickstarter.

Is GoG Galaxy the same way? Once I install it and use it to update my GOG games, it would be required to be running for me to play them?

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
The reason why I don't use the GOG Galaxy is because time and time I've learned. The more software involved in playing a game, the higher the chance of something not working and interrupting when I get to play a game. This happened at Steam, only needed to happen once, and now I no longer use Steam.

One time at work my computer crashed. It was only once, but one time is enough, so I took it to the roof and threw it off. I don't know why my stupid boss fired me.

Some asshole put a dent in the side of my car once with his door, so I took some gasoline and set the car on fire. It was only the one dent, but once is enough.

Also I learned that my new baby needed to be cleaned so I said "fuck that" in the middle of the bath and I took the bath with the baby in it and threw it all outside.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
You have my admiration for actually doing all the stuff I wanted to do. biggrin

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
That kind of looks like condescending sarcasm to me (Stabbey's post) but meh . Main reason i play on steam is to have access to everything in one place, I do get slightly annoyed at the average amount of crashes but its an early access game prepare for the worst (in MOST cases). Since most people are going to use the steam avenue i'm fine being a guinea pig whom helps find bugs and provides feedback.

Last edited by Bullethose; 01/05/17 10:56 AM.

Rogues are the best
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
In my case I kinda object to Steam on principle, but I also tend to be pragmatic about the "stuff in one place" viewpoint which means I'll often use it even when there are alternatives. I must admit that my decision-making when choosing between the likes of Steam and GoG is about as useful as flipping a coin, though.

I actually played Oblivion for about half an hour yesterday for the first time in years: true to form it randomly crashed halfway through, so I figure anything that's less crashy than that (which is most things) I can just about tolerate. biggrin

J'aime le fromage.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I have been playing EA since it came out, at least 3 runs on each patch. And I haven't crashed one time. I have had the bug where things get weird and you have to quick save then reload.

One thing I do that others may not is that I do NOT run with Steam. Meaning I copy the entire 'Divinity Original Sin 2' folder from the steam folder, and launch it directly with EoCApp.exe from the /bin folder.

I don't know if the crash problem is from Steam or from running out of 'program files' folder but I haven't crashed doing this. I'd be interested to know if others do this, will that stop their crashes.

The only other thing that comes to mind, is I have had a few 6+ hour sessions but I am pretty good about quitting the game after about 2 hours and restarting immediately to mitigate possible memory leaks issues (habit I got from issues with other games/software). Hope that helps.

Last edited by sam381; 01/05/17 05:40 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I play through Steam. I've played about 3 full playthroughs. Once in the initial release, once in the second, and once in the current one. I've had ONE crash.

Other issues inherent to the game? Yeah, I've had those. Characters going unresponsive, that sort of thing.

But I'm not gonna blame the launchers for the issues in the game. They're bugs. Odds are that if the game crashes, it's the game, not anything else.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard