Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 52 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 51 52
enthusiast
enthusiast
Got a fun one this time.

The ability "Sucker Punch" (Automatically granted to players with a 1H weapon and empty OH) will have its cooldown reset when the ability is lost and reacquired.

After using Sucker Punch, unequip the mainhand weapon and re-equip to reset the cooldown.

Since unequipping in combat costs 0 AP and re-equipping is 1 AP, this ultimately results in 1 AP to refresh the CD.
This technique can easily be used by any Dual-Wielder too. Simply unequip the OH, cast Sucker Punch, then re-equip. 2 AP for a reusable Stun any time.

Oddly enough, this bug doesn't seem to work for any of the similarly granted abilities, either from unique items or the ones granted by other weapon styles. It seems "Sucker Punch" slipped through the cracks.

Abuse of this technique leads to trivial stunlocking of enemies.

I think the ease of offhand weapon users unequipping for 0 to gain "Sucker Punch" anytime should also be considered an issue.

Last edited by error3; 10/04/17 12:17 AM.
Support
Support

That's a known issue.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hello there! So I experienced a small visual bug after having a conversation with Camp Boss Griff, here is what it looks like: http://imgur.com/a/EzFg3

Taking the pants off and putting them back on removed the bug but it's worth mentioning.

Also, whenever I attempt to print screen while in fullscreen, the image comes back black. I have to run the game in fake fullscreen.

Support
Support

Thank you.

In order to make screenshots of DirectX games when in full screen mode, you need to use a program designed for games (I think starting with DirectX 10, Microsoft made changes to the way video was handled). Steam has a built-in screenshot function, or you can use something like Fraps (though it is primarily for video capture).

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Lizard female still has badly bound skin(vertices) on the right leg resulting in stretching textures during the walk animation. This issue has been there since the game entered early access, hopefully it'll be fixed by release.

Last edited by Zolee; 14/04/17 02:02 AM.
Support
Support

Where exactly is the issue? I'm not really seeing a difference between the left and right legs in terms of textures (the 'heel' bone seems a little higher for the right leg).

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Sorry, you are right, there is no issue with the leg itself, the problem is with shoes, when wearing them does the texture stretching happen on lizard females. And it only happens when moving, or rather i cant zoom in enough to see it during the idle animation, but it is quite glaring when running. Also, the armor looks like a hoops on the lizard female's leg if it helps. Although i don't remember because it was a long time ago since i last played this game but it may also happen with other boots as well. The stretching itself happens near the knee area.

Last edited by Zolee; 14/04/17 01:32 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I killed a rat on the beach and was accused of murder. Are all NPCs members of PETA?

Windego (human) will accuse you of murdering a neutral rat walking around (named Grandal), if you kill him. I don't have Pet Pal, so I'm not sure if he has any special significance, but I think going so far as to accuse me of murder, of a rat, is a bit much.

Another out-of-place interaction I had was with Amyro. I killed Saheila, and he accepted a bribe to forget about it. There is no way he would accept a bribe to not look for her killer, he believes she's more important than his life, so I doubt a little gift from the killer would convince him to walk off. Mechanically it works fine, but from an in-character perspective it felt wrong.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Two bugs found:
1. Sebille will often become unplayable when entering combat, i.e. she cannot move and all here skills are greyed out. This persists until combat is done and I quicksave and quickload.

2. I tried to use restoration out of combat and got stuck. I could not select any characters to use it on and could not cancel it. No hotkeys worked either, but I could still move the camera.

Support
Support

You should be able to save/load in combat, as well (named or quick).

If you get stuck using a skill like that again, and can not quicksave or hit Esc to bring up the menu to save, try clicking on the menu button on the far left side of the skillbar; that may still work.

This is a known issue, the main cause of which was fixed in the last major update. A handful of people have still reported this in the most recent update, though.
If you still have any saves where this had occurred, please email supportdos2@larian.com, with it/them (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) and a brief description about what was happening when this started (ie entering combat). Since you were quicksaving, they've probably been overwritten, but please keep this in mind if it happens again.
Even better would be a save before it occurs, with a way (at least semi-reliably) to reproduce it, but so far nobody had reported a way to trigger this problem.

The programmer looking into this was not able to reproduce it in the latest game version, so at least having save(s) with information about the state of everything when the bug occurred could help in tracking down the cause.

Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames' folder. In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

E
stranger
stranger
E
So when you use bless and save all the explosive poison pigs, a lizard skeleton comes out to fight you. If you try to heal him because he's undead, however, it actually heals him. Kind of weird.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Found a typo when talking to the red prince to get him to join.
One of the responses (#2 of 3 for me) is "Ask him a Dreamer is exactly" figured it is meant to "Ask him what a dreamer is exactly"
His previous line was "Alas, it's the latter that is eluding me, despite the ministrations of meditation. There's nothing for it I suppose, but to try anew, or vacate this seaside spot and embark upon the search for a Dreamer." if that helps

Support
Support

That typo will be fixed in the next update (no ETA).

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
If you go invisible and sneak past Trompdoy and all his clones and take his soul jar before fighting him he doesn't appear even if you go back and kill them all.

You can still get the XP for smashing his soul jar - just without his story.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I've run into 2 significant things in my play through:

1. After saving Stingtail from the assassin I can only talk to him with Ifan. For everyone else he'll stand up and a dialogue box will appear for a quarter-second before it automatically closes and he lies back down.

2. I dismissed Lohse to play with Sebille for a while; now Lohse seems to have completely disappeared. She no longer appears where she was recruited in the Fort Joy. This was after escaping the Fort so I'm not sure if she was murdered by hostile guards on the way back, but I haven't found her body.

Support
Support

Please email supportdos2@larian.com, with a description and your latest save beside Stingtail (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames' folder. In Windows Explorer you can zip file(s) and folder(s) by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

For Lohse, did you check by the Shelter Shrine waypoint in the Seeker hideout?

veteran
veteran
v3.0.52.425

- Sebille failed a persuasion check after stealing Yarrow's key and sending it to Lhose. She agreed to go to jail, but once there, the overhead dialogue said "I'd better escape before someone comes to replace my collar", as if she had had it removed - but she hadn't, it was still on, and I hadn't even done the arena quest.

- From inside the cell, I can talk to Vasnaya, in the neighbouring cell, and she gets just as alarmed at me talking as she would as if I had come up from the tunnel, or in through the door.

- From inside the cell, I would like to be able to persuade her to pass me the lockpicks I can see in her cell right below the opening Never mind, I can actually reach them myself

- The "Fugitive" status wears off after 15 turns, it should be permanent.

Last edited by Stabbey; 20/04/17 01:45 PM. Reason: correction
veteran
veteran
Oh, this is a good one.

The bug is that Elodi, in the grotto, is also participating in the fight which is happening at the fort's gate.

Here is all the relevant information which might help you figure it out.

Right, when I first entered the prison, I sided with Elohdi and Ifan and fought and killed the thugs. I did not recruit Ifan for my team. (I think?) I'm pretty sure I didn't. Elodi went to the grotto.

I decided to test out and see if the Stupid Psychic Guard thing was fixed, so I took my created character Bruno out side of the fort, then immediately teleported him back inside. Yep, the guards immediately attacked Bruno on sight. Ifan also aggroed for some reason, so the guards killed him as well as Bruno. I walked my other team up and resurrected Bruno slightly outside of range of the guards to see if it was a permanent aggro. It was. My whole team started fighting, but this time Elodi also joined the fight... while still standing in the grotto. Whenever her turn came up, the camera briefly cut to show her in the grotto before the AI saw no targets and so did not act, thus moving the turn along.

Screenshot:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/stabbey_the_clown/screenshot/823439759919740269

L
stranger
stranger
L
Ahhh you were right about Lohse; I didn't reach the Seeker Hideout yet. Sorry about that.

Support
Support

The issue with Elodi joining the fight was reported before, and a fix was added which should prevent that from happening again. That'll be in the next update (no ETA).

Page 38 of 52 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 51 52

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard