Next Thread
Print Thread
#602709 24/04/17 10:31 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Is there a key to free the wolves prior to Boratus coming home?

Does the search function work - I know there are threads concerning Boratus here - found two on a Yahoo! search.? Nothing from the search here - never has it turned up anything when I searched. Darn - went back 22 pages and couldn't find anything.

I tried lockpick but, alas, even with a necklace my ranger is a mere level 2.

caninelegion #602726 24/04/17 06:39 PM
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
When you went down to the basement of Boratus' house, сarefully search the table nearby (I almost forgot this quest, but the prison cells' keys should be there).
By the way You should get 2 free Lockpicking points in the thieves' guild in Verdistis. I highly recommend maxing this skill (up to level 5) 'cause it is necessary to solve some other side quests.

caninelegion #602747 25/04/17 03:10 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Thanks. It'll be a few hours until I can get to the game and I thought I did a thorough search there but I'll look again. I did get admission to the thieves guild. Didn't do the bet though as I only had one jewelry piece - did get one when I joined. Bought a ring with an additional plus one but still picking the lock failed. I guess one needs a level four.

caninelegion #602749 25/04/17 07:14 AM
Support
Support

Hit Alt to look for keys.

You can get a level of Lockpick by failing the bet in the thieves guild. It isn't free, but is cheaper than a spell book, and gold is easy to acquire.

For the forum search, you can only search within a 3 year range (newer than 3 years, newer than 6 years and older than 3 years, etc). If you do a google search you can specify site:larian.com to search the entire forum (though depending on the search terms, may also have to include the game name to limit results to (mostly) the relevant game).

Tarnum #602760 25/04/17 09:40 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Originally Posted by Tarnum
When you went down to the basement of Boratus' house, сarefully search the table nearby (I almost forgot this quest, but the prison cells' keys should be there).
By the way You should get 2 free Lockpicking points in the thieves' guild in Verdistis. I highly recommend maxing this skill (up to level 5) 'cause it is necessary to solve some other side quests.

I didn't notice that the desk itself lit up before so my search with "alt" didn't show anything. Thanks - freed the wolves and the wolves fed themselves with Boratus.

Raze said: You can get a level of Lockpick by failing the bet in the thieves guild. It isn't free, but is cheaper than a spell book, and gold is easy to acquire.

For the forum search, you can only search within a 3 year range (newer than 3 years, newer than 6 years and older than 3 years, etc). If you do a google search you can specify site:larian.com to search the entire forum (though depending on the search terms, may also have to include the game name to limit results to (mostly) the relevant game)

Yeah, I got some five to six full piles of gold so I guess losing a 20,000G bet wouldn't be so bad. I don't think spell books are that expensive, though (or, maybe I added a zero to the amount - my memory is strange).

As far as searching, for this game, I've been doing it as "more then three years" due to it's age. When nothing comes up, I look through the posts page by page until I can't take it any longer. I'm sure 22 pages is more then three years but, I did a Yahoo! search using "Divine Divinity Boratus" which produced a discussion of some sort with two links that each took me to a different thread here so, there are at least two Boratus threads here that the search didn't find and that was not within 22 pages of the latest thread. I'm likely just not very adept on using this particular search function; I just searched for "Boratus" within the "help, etc" area of Divine Divinity. Perhaps being less general would have produced a result but usually it works the opposite way.

Last edited by caninelegion; 25/04/17 09:54 AM.
caninelegion #602762 25/04/17 10:15 AM
Support
Support

I didn't remember the amount of the bet, just that at the time it seemed relatively cheap, considering what you'd pay for a spell book (playing a warrior, I'd buy any spell book that looked like it could be useful; that was the only option to 'buy' a survivor skill level). Even if it is more expensive than the average spell book (which now that you mention it, you're probably right), gold charms at the end of the game are 50K, and I got about 30 from drops and bought another 30 (as well as any spell books that showed up that I didn't already have the spell maxed), without any intention of using them.

The forum search function has some idiosyncrasies, such as ignoring 3 letter (or less) search terms. Searching the English DD forums just for 'Boratus' 6-9 years ago gives a handful of results, 9-12 years a dozen, and 12-15 almost 150 (3-6 gives nothing, and 0-3 returns this topic biggrin ).

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard