Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I see vivalafai, you're talking about the AI detecting sneaking...

Does the AI properly detect invisible? (cast rain, cast that fire bursting thing around, etc...)

Last edited by AngeliusMefyrx; 04/05/17 07:55 PM.
Originally Posted by AngeliusMefyrx
I see vivalafai, you're talking about the AI detecting sneaking...

Does the AI properly detect invisible? (cast rain, cast that fire bursting thing around, etc...)

Taking damage from a condition while invis breaks invis (i.e. burning, poison). I don't feel as strongly about changing the invis skills as much as I do about making the AI better.

When you go into sneak, the AI doesn't try to look for you, so you can wait, reset cooldowns, heal yourself, fortify, go back into sneak, and basically restart the fight with full stats and AP, almost as if you had fleed, minus actually having to run back.

All the devs would have to do is make the AI look for you during their turn rather than just standing in place.

Also, I think flee should only be available in Honor Mode, and the Escapist talent should be scrapped. This is only my opinion.

But AI tries to look for you? I haven't played with invisible yet, this is why I'm asking.

If the AI is acting differently when sneaking than invisible - shouldn't he act in a similar way he would act against invisible...

Btw Rain which doesn't cause any damage will detect invisible because I use this on the AI.

Last edited by AngeliusMefyrx; 04/05/17 09:28 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I think it's a fairly realistic use of Rain to detect invisible people. Someone with a good eye for detail can see the outline of an invisible person in heavy rain.

But AI tries to look for you? I haven't played with invisible yet, this is why I'm asking.

If the AI is acting differently when sneaking than invisible - shouldn't he act in a similar way he would act against invisible...

Btw Rain which doesn't cause any damage will detect invisible because I use this on the AI.

No it does not try to look for you. What I am suggesting is that they do look for you, but in a way that doesn't guarantee they find you on the first round of searching. However, they will be closer to you by the second round and will probably find you unless you have access to other abilities like Cloak and Dagger and Tactical Retreat.

I'll have to test it to make sure, but from what I remember, if you enter invis and you have enough magic armor, you can walk on surfaces and not break invis, but the enemy can see your trajectory as you're taking damage on the surface. I could be wrong about that.

I think it's a fairly realistic use of Rain to detect invisible people. Someone with a good eye for detail can see the outline of an invisible person in heavy rain.

This is true, and I can see how that would contribute in a MOBA or an FPS or an RTS, but not in a turn based game where you have an eternity to find it. However, blood rain would work if the invisible guy doesn't have physical armor, because it would inflict bleed. Inflicting wet doesn't deal damage, and I think that's what breaks the invis. I'll have to double check when I get the chance.

Last edited by vivalafai; 05/05/17 04:26 PM.
I'm not sure if i was clear on the rain thing.

Rain breaks invisibility, it is a fact, not a suggestion. I think it was well though on that one and agrees wuth that.

That is how i break the invisible squeleton rogue such the first one you encounter in the jar place inside the fort.

I was wondeing if the AI would do the same to detect you.

And blood rain is probably a good one too, not as wide as rain though

Last edited by AngeliusMefyrx; 05/05/17 06:58 PM.
veteran
veteran
Blood rain should break invisibilty, because it deals damage, but normal rain does not deal damage?

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard