Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lyrhe Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
After watching the newest update I wonder if we will be able to share finished maps/character loadouts or even full campaigns over the Steam Workshop?

I'd love to see what crazy ideas other people come up with. And I'd love to publish custom maps I create for others to use. Is it planned or would you be able to make it possible?

Larian, please!

addict
addict
yes, steam workshop was mentioned several times in the GM preview videos that are now on youtube.

another question: can the pre-made maps/campaigns be used in custom single player campaigns as well?

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
Lyrhe Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
steam workshop was mentioned several times in the GM preview videos that are now on youtube

That doesn't say anything about what or how much you will be able to share in the workshop. Could be just maps. Could be complete campaigns.

H
stranger
stranger
H
I still am curious how much is considered the "GM" responsibility vs modded... or are heh tightly linked now?

old hand
old hand
With how much they mentioned steamworks and importing assets, it seems to me that virtually everything will be shareable and modifiable, from maps to whole campaigns to assets to new skills and scripts and so on. The biggest question to me is how modifiable will the actual GM tools be. Like will we be able to create new buttons for the GM to use to easily do a complex action.

Originally Posted by HolmstN
I still am curious how much is considered the "GM" responsibility vs modded... or are heh tightly linked now?

Map design and intricate scripting will almost certainly be the purview of the engine, outside of the GM mode, but most other things seem like the GM will be able to do on the spot.

Originally Posted by 4verse
yes, steam workshop was mentioned several times in the GM preview videos that are now on youtube.

another question: can the pre-made maps/campaigns be used in custom single player campaigns as well?

It seems to me that anything that can be used in a GM mode could be played in single player as well, assuming the campaign is designed to be functional without a GM (complete dialogs and proper scripting and enemies preplaced and whatnot.)

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard