Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
stranger
stranger
J
Wow this quite the over reaction and people wonder why gamers are seen as entitled. I don't know why they didn't put it in the game but guess it might be more complicated to implement that you think it is and if only a very small minority will play the game that way in single player it might not be worth the dev time to invest in making it work. Either way you wont get an answer by throw a fit like this and accusing them and saying FU to single players or slap in the face or whatever over used phrase people throw around when devs don't cater everything to them. Also so what if they decide they just don't want people to play this way it's still their game and their vision not every game has to have everything for everyone.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I liked a lot DoS 1's way to handle this. RPS between players to decide which decision the GROUP is goingto make.

And yeah, that's overreaction. GM mode was the 2 million $ kickstarter goal. You can't get in and just whine about it..

stranger
stranger
"I don't like this feature, so obviously the devs made it as a "fuck you" to me."

Asking for support for competitive questing OR game master mode in single player is basically asking to play opposing decks in MTG alone. This isn't a "fuck you" to single player centric players at all, just expanding on multiplayer and delivering on a feature specifically detailed in the kickstarter. Go make some friends instead of complaining about how you can't do everything yourself.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Zombra
Originally Posted by Stabbey
The rest of my post was me saying that it is NOT already possible to do. But from the sounds of it, it sounds like we have very different ideas about what exactly we each mean by the AI competing with players to solve quests.

You completely, totally misunderstand what I am talking about. I don't want AI companions at all! I never advocated for an AI system. Of course that would be a horrendous burden on the devs. No one is asking for that.

I WANT CONTROL OVER MULTIPLE PCS. Even when those PCs sometimes choose to be at odds with one another. Exactly like exists now in multiplayer, except with only one player. Just like they have in dev mode but don't want to let us access.

I want to press

1) Elf PC: enslave the dwarves.

then switch characters and press

1) Dwarf PC: free the dwarves.

and then see what happens.

What you fail to understand is that as the game sits right now in Dev Mode, there may not be an appropriate solution if there's a tie. What you're asking them to do is go through EACH AND EVERY INTERACTION and add a contingency just in case of a tie, which would most likely change based on which options were chosen.

Look at it this way, if there were only 100 different dialog options in the game, with four different choices which means 4 ways you could tie with only 2 players - you'd have 4^100 different permutations, that's an insanely high number of permutations that would have to be added, and that's assuming two players, and only 100 different dialogs with four choices. Chances are there's more than that, and your permutations increase with four players, since you can have one of each selected.

So no, it's not "Super Simple" as you have described it, it's an extremely lengthy process that has very, VERY little value to anyone but yourself.

Last edited by Twiztedterry; 11/05/17 08:14 PM.
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
You seem like a reasonable guy op but you really made a bad title :P

apprentice
apprentice
I will just ask this here instead off opening a new thread, Will it be possible to create campaigns using GM mode and release them as a single player experience ? so instead of there being a game master and sessions it's just a new story that anyone can experience ?

Or is larian planning on making this possible with the modding tools ?

Last edited by Amrael; 12/05/17 01:52 AM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
[quote=Elimin] A robust GM mode certainly isn't a bad thing ... but seeing a huge multiplayer update did inflame my old annoyance that single-player creativity was cut and crapped on.

GM mode is also a SINGLE PLAYER feature. I know what you might be thinking "But Neonivek that is wrong, GM mode lets you play with other players" but not so fast!

GM mode also lets people create maps, characters, and campaigns. Many of these could be run without a GM.

So What could a single person do with a Map Editor? Well you could make your own maps OR you can play other people's campaigns.

Want to play through the story of Game of Thrones using Divinity OS 2's Engine? Well now it is possible.

If you played the first game you know how nearly impossible it was to actually create content (that is why the modding section is so limited), well now the bar has been lowered.

So in other words CALM DOWN!

addict
addict
most of the examples you brought break down to "roleplaying". question is, if you need an explicit dialog option in game to have your chars discuss the enslavement of dwarves or if you roleplay it in your mind only

and btw:
what you suggested / brought as examples was mostly not possible to do in Wasteland 1, Jagged Alliance 2, Icewind Dale, Temple of Elemental Evil at all.
all you could do in those games can be done in dos1 and dos2 (if i dont forget some seldomly used mechanic of those good old games)

Last edited by 4verse; 12/05/17 07:52 AM.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by 4verse
most of the examples you brought break down to "roleplaying".

You don't have to set up your games for that. You can keep it all in engine without any GM input required.

AKA: Actually make games

So yeah calm down!

Last edited by Neonivek; 12/05/17 09:24 AM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
You could always calculate your own odds and roll dice if you want the feature that badly.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Stabbey
The rest of my post was me saying that it is NOT already possible to do. But from the sounds of it, it sounds like we have very different ideas about what exactly we each mean by the AI competing with players to solve quests.

You completely, totally misunderstand what I am talking about. I don't want AI companions at all! I never advocated for an AI system. Of course that would be a horrendous burden on the devs. No one is asking for that.

I WANT CONTROL OVER MULTIPLE PCS. Even when those PCs sometimes choose to be at odds with one another. Exactly like exists now in multiplayer, except with only one player. Just like they have in dev mode but don't want to let us access.

I want to press

1) Elf PC: enslave the dwarves.

then switch characters and press

1) Dwarf PC: free the dwarves.

and then see what happens.

I would bet there will be some kind of mod that would let you have multiple characters in a single player party that are flagged as "main character" but you are still playing in SP. I think there was a mod for D:OS that let you make a full four person party, so it might be similar to that.

Also, Larian has a comment on this thread that indicates they are thinking about allowing competitive questing in SP:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230230/discussions/0/520518053454258757/

Wouldn't it be great if you could fill out a questionaire at the very start of the game detailing the kind of person you wish to play as.

Then sit back and watch the game play out automatically based on your choices.

You could even watch in split screeen if you started by throwing an ashtray at the screen at the start.

Great last words.

Oh no. Not again...
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Neonivek
[quote=Zombra]
GM mode is also a SINGLE PLAYER feature. I know what you might be thinking "But Neonivek that is wrong, GM mode lets you play with other players" but not so fast!

You actually are wrong, and that's the Reason why i fear, there will be an huge Backlash from People who still don't seem to understand what an "GM" Mode is. If you look at the Steam-Forum there seem quite some People to believe that GM Mode is an Lite-Editor to make Singleplayer Campaigns, which is, if we go by that what us 've shown, isn't possible. You can't script anything, you can't make indepth custom changes. It isn't an EDITOR - it is an TOOLSET for GM's to allow Pen & Paper Roleplaying Style with proper tools.

I won't argue that there will not an Editor for such things, because as far as i remember they already stated that there will be an Editor(but didn't announced yet what you can do with that tool) - but i'm sure it will allow proper Mods, Campaign and such for Singleplayer, like the Editor from the first one. But this Editor HAVE absolutely nothing to do with the GM Mode, except you can create Maps and such in Editor which you can import in the GM Mode...

#Topic:
And, what now?
I mean, Larian can correct me if i'm wrong, but since Original Sin they delievered an clear Statement about the OS Series. It have an HUGE Focus on Multiplayer if not even their primarily Aim and they want to deliever an traditional Pen & Paper experience. Now with the GM Mode they've gone so far to even do it on an Proper way, where the classical cRPG Approach is way to limited.

So yeah - for Singleplayer it might be an huge "**** You", then again, why not? There are so many (c)RPGs out there anyway which focus on Singleplayer or don't even have an Multiplayer, why can't you simply let one certain amazing RPG be primarily focused on Multiplayer. I mean heck, you can play the Campaign complete Solo, you also can fight Arena vs Bots Solo, and i'm sure the Editor will alow more Content for Solo-Players as well. GM-Mode hower is focused MP, because it makes much more Sense anyway and what you refer with - have absolutely nothing to do with GM Mode - would be more like an Sandbox Mode approach or something like that.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Had the same reaction thinking about controller support. I was like : so we put GM mode put there is still no way to play local coop. Oh well...

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by LightningYu
So yeah - for Singleplayer it might be an huge "**** You", then again, why not? There are so many (c)RPGs out there anyway which focus on Singleplayer or don't even have an Multiplayer, why can't you simply let one certain amazing RPG be primarily focused on Multiplayer.

This is where I live to. If you don't like it, then go play one of many other that have now been released which are only single player. The team has been transparent on their plans all along and this is the game and features they want to develop and give us. PS There is plenty of SP in this game to.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 16/05/17 04:30 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Originally Posted by LightningYu
So yeah - for Singleplayer it might be an huge "**** You", then again, why not? There are so many (c)RPGs out there anyway which focus on Singleplayer or don't even have an Multiplayer, why can't you simply let one certain amazing RPG be primarily focused on Multiplayer.

This is where I live to. If you don't like it, then go play one of many other that have now been released which are only single player. The team has been transparent on their plans all along and this is the game and features they want to develop and give us. PS There is plenty of SP in this game to.

I blame the modern Age. Due things like Early Access, Customer is King and so on, People tend to believe they can buy with Money Everything. You bought the Game and now the Devs are your slaves who center their Attention only to you. Fuck off their own Vision! Fuck off their own Concept!

I miss the time, where people were adventurous in Videogames. Where they bought an Game to experience in the way, Devs wished/intendet two and were able to adapt to Concepts and such. People nowdays are way to selfcentered for that, everything have fit perfectly to their Taste and if not, they act like this Topic here.

Then again all this whine about how Games are getting more and more Mainstream, however if an Game is differently and don't go about modern Standarts, it's bad either.

Fact still stands, a core Aspect of this Game is Multiplayer. People can be happy, because mostly if an Game goes multiplayer, you are nowdays more forced on only-online aspect and can't even enjoy the Game Singleplayer. Divinity OS(2) might be focused on Multiplayer, but they also allow to amazingly experience it as well in Singleplayer. However that doesn't seem enough, now people have to complain also about an Concept which makes Multiplayer(only) more sense anyway...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard