Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
I know we won't get our hands on it until it is released...

But given Origins have entirely changed from kickstarter to development and the examples of skill crafting in development videos is just... Skillbook crafting by combining two skillbooks to get a predetermined skills (as opposed to the Kickstarter version where you could create multiple versions of the same spell by adding other spells to it. Like a Flaming Oil Troll Summon)

I wonder if we will even get to know what it will really be before the game is released.

My hope is it is something substantive... but I personally think it is just normal crafting

P
stranger
stranger
P
I want also know that! Is there spell crafting?

I'd like to know that too, but tbh I lost quite a bit of confidence to Larian throughout the developement of DOS2...
Wouldn't wonder if it's distorted beyond recognition or simply gone by the board.

Think for yourself! Or others will do it...
W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Knowing that the game is still full of small, minor bugs here and there, I really wish Larian would let us test more skills and skill crafting.

old hand
old hand
There has to be some limits on the combinations of skills, but I expect there to be a few skills with several versions, like rain, blood rain, fire rain, oil rain, etc. Most other skills will probably just have one other version, maybe it makes an AOE effect that's slightly weaker or what have you.

No, I do not think there will be skill-crafting like you can make any combination of skills, putting different parts together like legos. That would take a ton of different effects and a whole new system for designing skills.

Likely the main thrill of it is the sense of discovery, like finding recipes for new skills in a mage lab, and only being able to learn those skills through crafting. Perhaps its main focus will be generating hybrid skills where you need points in both skill trees the two skills come from to learn that skill.

Last edited by Baardvark; 29/05/17 10:17 PM.
N
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
Absolutely no one thought it would be endless combinations so don't even suggest that. We had the same deal with Custom origins with people inventing a completely unrealistic version of it to shove into people's mouths in order to discredit them and I am still sensitive about that.

Rather each skill has a modifier, or even modifier combination, that can apply to other skills.

Last edited by Neonivek; 30/05/17 01:02 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Like you im completely fine with that and realized thats probably the case myself. I don't mind being able to combine various aspects of spells since it could easily save memory slots having something like haste + clear minded combo.

Rogues are the best
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Neonivek
Absolutely no one thought it would be endless combinations so don't even suggest that. We had the same deal with Custom origins with people inventing a completely unrealistic version of it to shove into people's mouths in order to discredit them and I am still sensitive about that.

Rather each skill has a modifier, or even modifier combination, that can apply to other skills.

I didn't say endless combos. But each skill having a modifier (or modifier combination, whatever that is) that can apply to other skills sounds a lot like what I meant by skills fitting together like legos. That's basically what I meant. And that's really more of what skill crafting implies rather than a few dozen predesigned skill combinations, which is what we're probably going to get. I'm fine with that, but skill crafting was probably a bit of a loaded term to use.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard