Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
veteran
veteran
The game is released in Early Access. More than Chapter 1 won't be available in EA, as far as I know.

So far every patch made old saves unusable for the updated version.

N
norD Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by Orner 002
Hello fellow developers I have some questions for you! when do you plan to release the game on early access if it is of course not a secret? and tell me if right now to begin to take the first Chapter in Fort joy that I can continue through the game after release?

Did your question implied release the editor on early access? Because from what I read you want to know when the game will be in early access, which is for a couple of months now.
The editor will be released with the full game.

I don't remember if there will be a reset when the game will be released. Raze might know.

Support
Support

Beta saves will not be compatible with the release version.
As stated above, each major update during the alpha/beta breaks save compatibility, as well. After release, all updates will maintain save compatibility.

apprentice
apprentice
Does anyone have any links or sources that confirm that the Modding Tools will be available in EA?

old hand
old hand
Quite the contrary, all the reports I have seen are that GM mode and the modding tools will not be available until release.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Windemere
Quite the contrary, all the reports I have seen are that GM mode and the modding tools will not be available until release.

I did manage to find a few social media updates from around August that seem to indicate that the modding tools (not GM Mode) will be available in the later states of Early Access, but I haven't seen a definitive yes or no on the topic.

Edit, I also found This Tweet that seems to indicate that modding tools will not be in Early Access. Hopefully we can get confirmation one way or the other.

GM Mode will only be available on release, this has been stated many times by the dev team.

Last edited by Twiztedterry; 16/05/17 05:31 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Originally Posted by Abraxas*
I have a question to the developers:
Since D:OS 2 doesn't use bodybuilding and willpower as part of a RNG based enemy/crowd control and resistance system, did you also remove this feature from the engine or is it still in place but not used? So will it be possible to use the old system (or a similar one) for main campaign modding and standalone modules?
I think many of us hope for more possibilities with the updated engine and editor. New serious restrictions to core mechanics would take away a lot of potential from D:OS 2 modding.

This! Even further, I wouldn't mind a hybrid, with the following variables:
- Flat cc resist if armor is active (>0)
- % based cc resist for armor (eg at half physical armor, physical cc chance reduced by half this value)
- Base spell cc chance
- Bonus chance per caster offensive stat
- Reduced chance per target defensive stat (bodybuilding,willpower)

Ideally, this could make cc possible (10-30%) through armor, but if you want to be sure of cc then you had better deplete enemy armor.

Ideally the editor would be powerful enough to handle redoing the cc system to something like this, but if not hardcoding these values in would allow for flexibility between a DOS2 system, and one more like DOS/dnd

Last edited by Wraith367; 19/05/17 12:53 AM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
While I am at it, a few other things I would like to be able to do:

1) Limit skill usage. Disable skills outside of combat, to keep exploration / healing consumables interesting, instead of teleport and heal spam. Additionally, the option of making abilities more limited, either by costing another resource (e.g. mana), or by having a set number of charges that are occasionally replenished (I think this last one is more DnD style? Would be a popular option to have with GM mode bringing their interest)

2) The ability to redo the action points to be more like DOS, eg. variable and higher start, max, and regen of AP.

3) I know GM mode won't have scripting, but the ability to interact with mod tool's scripting would be appreciated. For example, this would solve the complaints about companions. The GM could have a script to save the currently selected NPC, and then recreate it whenever the party moves to the next map, activated by a button press.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Wraith367
While I am at it, a few other things I would like to be able to do:

1) Limit skill usage.

2) The ability to redo the action points to be more like DOS, eg. variable and higher start, max, and regen of AP.

3) I know GM mode won't have scripting, but the ability to interact with mod tool's scripting would be appreciated.

Theoretically everything you requested is already possible. You could give some or all skills "combat" requirements and require source points and just make source way more common. You could tweak all the AP costs of everything for more granularity. I do think GM mode will have access to pre-written scripts somehow (e.g., placing a script on a character). That would be a massive limitation if not.

Something like rebalancing the AP costs of everything would be a ton of work to get the balance right, but I don't think would be too hard to actually do it. AI scripts might be a pain to reconfigure, but they'd probably work okay even with no changes. I don't think that kind of project would be worth the hassle, but for many things even in the original game, if there's a will there's a way to mod something.

Implementing a resist system could be tough if the old system have been entirely scrapped. Even if you could resuscitate bodybuilding/willpower, it'd be a good amount of work to tweak things to be as granular as you suggested. I think it'd be possible but you'd have to be creative, or maybe just kind of brute force it by basically recreating a fake version of every status in the game which would go through resist checks, and then apply the real statuses if the check goes through.

old hand
old hand
So in the process of scripting my bard class, I've found many things much easier than the previous game. Being able to define statuses and use CharacterGetStatusSourceCharacter and the like on my custom statuses alone enables so much stuff much more easily.

But boy do I really want a CharacterApplyStatusToCharacter command. As far as I know right now you have to force a character to cast a skill or designate a projectile coming from one character to another, which is rather clunky.

Or be able to add a source character to CharacterApplyStatus E.g., (CharacterApplyStatus(_Victim,Status,Duration,Force,SourceChar). Maybe something like this already exists, not sure, but if not, then this would be very nice.

old hand
old hand
I'm trying to modify the racial stats a bit, but I've found that all the starting characters seem to draw from the human male stats entry. Even though the root templates for the other races seem to point to the other race stats. Not sure what's going on here, but it would be nice to modify each individual race so it would change in character creation.

new entry "HumanMaleHero" // the entry every race seems to use
type "Character"
using "_Hero"

I also have some general feedback on the stat files. While I can create new stat files and make additions (new skills, weapons, character stats, etc.), I cannot seem to modify an existing stat entry (e.g., modifying fireball) by making a new stat file that contains only that stat entry. I have to copy the entire stat file (e.g., skilldata.txt) to my mod and make changes to that file. I believe this is the case for every file type.

I don't know if you already have plans to make mods more compatible with each other in some other way, but to me, this would be a great first step to make it easier for people to combine different mods. Right now if two people were to make changes to different vanilla skills in skilldata.txt, people would have to manually merge the changes. If modders could simply make their changes to vanilla things in separate files, it would be easy for people to combine mods.

Don't know how difficult it would be to make this change, but IMO, it or some other compatibility change is necessary for a thriving modding scene. I'm sure you're already aware of these issues, but just letting you know some of us want them solved :P

Edit: Also there seem to be some stat files that you can't even make separate files for additions. You can't seem to add new delta modifiers outside of the deltamodifiers.txt file, for example. The above changes would be less useful if some files still required full replacement.

Last edited by Baardvark; 13/06/17 07:34 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Hello all,

Plz norD, don't make just import/exports tools for 3dMax. There are lot of artists using other softwares (Maya, MODO, Blender..). Would be awesome if we can get suppor for FBX (the most used one) and OBJ to be able to interchange the files to other programs :)

Thank you!

Last edited by Rada Torment; 19/06/17 02:40 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Does anyone remember Neverwinter Nights Aurora Toolset? Similar features to that would be great.

I apologize that this is vague and most likely not helpful.

In my younger days, I created massive campaigns using the Aurora Toolset and have been searching for something with similar functionality for 10+ years. Nothing would make me happier than to have the functionality (and ease), that was Aurora, brought to this masterpiece of a game.

old hand
old hand
There have already been a few of us in the Game Master forums talking about potential custom campaigns, so yes we have some NWN veterans kicking around. I don't expect anything quite on the level of the Aurora toolset when it comes to ease of use, but from what bits we have heard it sounds like the new modding tool will be far better than the first one.

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Windemere
There have already been a few of us in the Game Master forums talking about potential custom campaigns, so yes we have some NWN veterans kicking around. I don't expect anything quite on the level of the Aurora toolset when it comes to ease of use, but from what bits we have heard it sounds like the new modding tool will be far better than the first one.

Thanks for the reply, Windemere. New to the forums, but very excited to hear that there are other veteran NWN modders here.

old hand
old hand
Great, welcome to the forums. smile

Is any of your work on the Neverwinter Vault?

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
journeyman
journeyman
I agree on the FBX format, most of us use more softwares than 3ds Max.
My concerns about modding are on how unflexible the system is. I know that we are bound to the Divinity combat core and mechanics system but i Think we need heavy modifications to achieve a level of creativity freedom such as in NWN:
1) I said this in other thread but...The mod for D:OS1 for allowing more player was clunky, and only gave to players control over henchmen. D:OS2 allows only 4 players, don't know yours, guys, but my group usually has 6 or even 7 players. I mean we won't even buy the game if the multiplayer for custom campaigns won't allow all of us to play.

2) Changing the aspect of the game: Using 3d we can make new objects and stuff but. How difficult would be to import new races, animations, or FX into the game? Also a mod for controlling the cameras (Allowing the DM to make custom setups for places or scenes, or the players to play in a 3rd-person perspective) would be a game changer

3)Modularity. I think the games that allow mods that survive, grow, and thrive are the modular ones. World of Warcraft has a shitty, slow, and crappy lua scripting system but it allows to change and improve aspects of the game since everything is a separated module, so if you change something you don't screw up the whole game. Also that makes mods easier, specially the ones that are related with UI-modification.

4)Expandible, this goes with the last one. Maybe there are 5 races in the game, but what if we like to change them or better, do more? How about the DMs (that will be a lot) that wanna play in their D&Ds settings and need characters like gnomes, half-orcs or things like that? If we can model it and animate it, we need a clean system to import them to the game

Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
Hello Nord,

I need some help on finding some scripts for code programming & modding tests;

1-Which script file is working on after a party member died ?

2-Which script file is working on when party is dead and return to load screen ?

2-Which script file is working on when using a resurrection scroll ?

Thanks.

N
norD Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by Yuhnis
Hello Nord,

I need some help on finding some scripts for code programming & modding tests;

2-Which script file is working on when party is dead and return to load screen ?

Thanks.

Hello Yuhnis, I would love to be able to help you but I'm a Level Designer smile. Meaning that I don't script a single thing in the game. Gameplay Scripters are there for that. I do the maps, haha.

I guess that you could create a topic exactly for your questions. Other modders may be able to help you on this.

T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Yuhnis
Hello Nord,

All of a character's character scripts stop running when the character dies. There is not really much generic Osiris (= story) script code that does something when a character dies, apart from checking whether all player characters are now dead and if so, trigger code to show the "Game Over" dialog box. That dialog box itself is completely handled by code, but as implied, script can prevent it from being shown (I don't remember by heart whether it's triggered from Shared or from the DOS2 campaign Osiris code though).

No script in particular gets run.

No particular script. Resurrection is a skill, and after a character has been resurrected, the Osiris event CharacterResurrected() gets raised.

I can probably give you more concrete feedback if you say what you want to do.

PS: As NorD said, it's better to start a separate topic to discuss concrete question. I get notifications for all posts on this forum, so I will see it too.

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard