Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AssFat Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
this was a problem for me in DoS1 also. go to turn volume down and char goes into sneak mode. and Yes ive rebound keys and all that. and yes ive played on many pcs. 4 that i can remember.
i thought it would be ironed out by the time DoS2 came. but not for me.
anyone else have this? i was surprised i got no results on searches. could i really be the only one?.... frown

edit;
oh yeah, and "Mute" key pans right.

Last edited by AssFat; 20/06/17 10:19 PM.
Support
Support

I don't recall this being reported before, and there are no bug reports about it, that I can find.

Do the 4 systems you played the games on share a multimedia keyboard brand or laptop manufacturer?
What are the brand(s) and model(s) of the keyboards/laptops? (that you know or still have access to to check)

I assume if you were using the same hotkey software, etc, on all systems you would have tried exiting out of that, but you can try doing a clean boot and then test the game, in case a multimedia program, or something, is part of the problem.
Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, Click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

If you use a program like KeyCodes or CheckScanCode, what codes are produced for the volume down and mute buttons? The first keeps a scrolling list of keystrokes, so may be better for troubleshooting (comparing to other keys, etc), while the second provides more detailed information.
With my Roccat Isku keyboard, the volume down key has a key code of 174, KeyData 16777217; mute is 173 and 16777217 (so the same KeyData value). I don't know how much standardization there is with multimedia keyboards, but with the generic multimedia keyboard on my very old PC, the key codes are the same for the volume down and mute buttons, while the KeyData values are different (and unique).

It is possible the keyboard is using codes outside of what is normal, so those keys correspond to hard coded functions (or at least produce consitent results in the way the codes are handled). A background process seems more likely, with this happening on multiple systems for you, but not reported by anyone else (that I recall).

A
AssFat Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
thank you for the detailed response. ill try to gather this info soon.

i can say i use AHK (auto hot key) on all pcs. but scripts are only running per game. this one i dont have any running. maybe just having the AHK app installed could cause this. but its really a common app and i think others would have probs too. ill uninstall and see.

and i have used SharpKeys rebinder before. it changes keys in registry. but i dont use it on this pc and have the prob on this one.

Gateway KB-0532 is the keyboard im on now
ill get the other keyboard models when i can.

keycodes3 gives this info:
volume down key
OnKeyDown, Key code=174, Control keys=, Key name ..........Unassigned
OnKeyup, Key code=174, Control keys=, Key name ..........Unassigned

mute key
OnKeyDown, Key code=173, Control keys=, Key name ..........Unassigned
OnKeyup, Key code=173, Control keys=, Key name ..........Unassigned

ScanCode gives this:
volume down key

mute key

Last edited by AssFat; 21/06/17 11:30 PM.
A
AssFat Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
unistalled AHK. restarted. still problemed.
i can say all 3 keyboards(yes 3, but on 4 dif pcs) are/were PS/2 port and on win7 64

Last edited by AssFat; 23/06/17 11:36 AM.
A
AssFat Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
hey guys! just wanted to thank you for not fixing this. CHEERS!!!

D
stranger
stranger
D
I am having this same issue. I am on a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming laptop. In my case, the volume down key is also my F2 key. The same issue occurs with my volume up key, which is my F2 key, but it switches me to tactical view. In each case, the volume is adjusted, but it is also triggering the sneak or the tactical view. I checked my key bindings, but the primaries are C & B, and the secondaries are empty. Any ideas?

Thanks.

journeyman
journeyman
This happens to me when playing on a Acer Aspire E 15. Pressing Fn + Arrow Up to increase the volume opens up my inventory, while pressing Fn + Arror Down to decrease volume causes toggling sneak as well.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard