Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I have two fairly similar helmets, but one is seemingly worth about eight times as much as the other one. I can't see a reason for why it's so valuable? It's the Bull's Helm of Matter.

Items: http://i.imgur.com/g35JoPp.png

The difference is that the most valuable one has +2 to constitution, while the other one has poison resistance and Charm capability. +2 constitution can't be the reason it's so expensive? Unlike the cheaper one it doesn't even have Charm.

Walker the apothecary is ready to pay a lot more than others I've talked to, but they too are willing to pay 15K+ for it.

I'm not sure how prices are established in the game, but I assume something must have gone wrong. Seems to me the other one should be more expensive.

Latest GoG version.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
The price calculations in Divine Divinity is very different from Diablo. Item's actual bonuses make a much smaller contribution to price compared to base price of prefix and suffix.

In Your particular example, Fiend's is a cheap prefix (with no suffix at all) while of Matter is a very expensive suffix (with medium-priced prefix too). So it is not a bug, just a strange pricing mechanics.

P.S. By the way, in real life this also happen sometimes. For example, Apple gadgets can be 8 times expensive than cheap analogs with same functionality. smile

Last edited by Tarnum; 24/06/17 07:59 PM.
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Ah yes, I noticed the suffix now. Strange indeed, but I am not complaining! I am not in the business of charity, if Walker is willing to pay the price then he shall pay.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
The amount you get difference from merchants depends on how well they like you (mouse over their picture while trading is one way to find out (100 is max). If they catch you in an off limits area, stealing, etc, the score drops even into negative numbers. The more times you trade with them (or, perhaps it's the value of the trade) the higher it gets.

Support
Support

There are some prefixes / suffixes that just affect the price, though, and not any visible stats. For example, the following dagger I found near the end of the game was worth 50,000 gold. IIRC 'of angels' is another such suffix.

Silver Long Dagger Of Mater Warriors
Durability 10
Damage 9-31
+4 Strength

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard