Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
So I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping someone more experienced will be able to help me out. Playing through D2 ego draconis and I'm torn between two rather excellent bows
1)
Ultimate good bow does damage of 69 to 138 normal damage, and magic damage 77 to 115. It adds 52 to my health, giving me a total of 572 HP and 489 Mana.
2)
Bow of tiberius does 67 to 186 normal damage but only 9 to 65 of magic damage it also lowers my hp to 520 and a boosts my Mana to 522

So now I'm really wondering which one is going to be better in the long run also as a side note do normal damage and Magic damage get added together for total damage?

Support
Support

This is the original release of Ego Draconis?

The Bow of Tiberius has a +1 bonus to Ranger Strength, if you don't already have it maxed.
The Ultimate Good Bow has 3 enchantment slots, rather than 2 for Tiberius, though after the normal and magic damage enchantments, there isn't a really compelling third choice (Butcher is ok).

I'd go with the best damage; check both (the skill bonus may or may not make a difference).
Don't worry about the hit points; add Life Line enchantments to armour for that. With Ranger Stealth you should be getting the first hit in most of the time, and be far enough away to avoid taking too much damage (Level 1 of the Healing skill and potions can make up for a slightly lower max HP).

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I still dunno how you manage to remember all this stuff, Raze.

Originally Posted by Raze
Don't worry about the hit points; add Life Line enchantments to armour for that.

Malachite-based enchantments made me feel almost invulnerable; at least as much as it's actually possible to feel like that in ED/DKS... I still think it holds the record for "the most times I've died in a video game", at least until I found a handy guide about how not to be pwned constantly!

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

I looked up the stats for the bows: Divinity 2: Ego Draconis All-Purpose Guide.
For DKS/D2:DC, there is also the Dragon Knight Saga FAQ/Guide.

I avoided using malachite gems in D2:ED and DKS (except for a couple level 10 healing auras), hoarding them in case I ran into trouble later, and not wanting to 'waste' them by enchanting equipment and finding something better soon after. In DKS I ended up with 65, though (about 27 at the end of the D2:ED section), so if I ever do another playthrough (unarmed), I'll be much more liberal with their use.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Okay, I'll rephrase that into not knowing how you're organised enough to remember the locations of various handy guides. biggrin It's been a few years now but I think the All-Purpose Guide is most likely to be the one that saved me from seemingly endless frustration. I think exploding arrows seem to come particularly to mind.

I'm often a great hoarder of random things, especially if they're shiny (my character had a great voice for the "ooh, shiny!" phrase: I chose the country girl one because she sounded so un-warrior-like). I wasn't excessively frugal with the malachite gems but still ended up with an enormous pile of the stuff by the end. I was glad I hadn't been so mean as to not help out that blind chap while I was bumbling about.

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

Yes, I gave Simeon a couple malachite gems in both games, as well. I'd say it was the right thing to do even without the reward, but in the morals cave I based my decisions on the reward, not the morality.
evil

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I think I was too uptight to do that! I can't remember what I grabbed at the end though, I have various "Paladin's Thing of Something-or-other" in my collection. And a bow called Mister Shooty, curiously.

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

I tried the all good and all evil paths in the morals cave, but wasn't impressed with the loot at the end. There wasn't a huge difference in loot for the individual choices, either, so I went good for the first choice, then evil when good would have required making a relatively insignificant sacrifice (first one stat point [random], and then two [Vitality and Spirit]).

The 'Mister' items are associated with the hermit on Sentinel Island.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I still can't bring myself to make the evil choices, no matter how much it shouldn't matter. My most recent utter failure was attempting to play a bad character in Fallout 4 in preparation to properly enjoy Nuka World as a raider boss: my evil character soon turned out to be somewhat neutral, then kinda moral but rude and surly and eventually just turned into my usual character who can't bear to be mean to people and the worst she does is to be a bit grumpy and facetious. I'm not really much good at RP.

Er anyway, I do think that the loot could've been better since I seem to recall some of the choices were a bit costly at least at that point in the game.

And how could I forget the chap with the wit of a carrot! That would explain the various Mister things. It would seem that I was usually disciplined with clearing out my loot and mostly just hung on to a very few bits and pieces I got from particular NPCs even if they weren't very good.

J'aime le fromage.
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Bump!

I'm not very good at RP - my character always turns into me. That's one of the main reasons I usually play as a female character - makes me think more at the role so it at least takes longer to turn into me. Perhaps I should have her do a complete makeover near the end into a male character. It'd be hilarious if I could keep the "country girl" voice too. eek

Last edited by caninelegion; 15/02/18 10:35 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Or you could just turn into your character. biggrin

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard