Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
First aid is 30% health, do this on a voidwoken such the final fight = 375 damage...

Additionally to that the final fight is way easier now that the voidwoken happens during the last fight with the Magister.... need more magister or whatever....

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by AngeliusMefyrx
First aid is 30% health, do this on a voidwoken such the final fight = 375 damage...

Additionally to that the final fight is way easier now that the voidwoken happens during the last fight with the Magister.... need more magister or whatever....

Pretty sure the voidwoken drillworm or what have you will spawn if you use a source skill during the battle.

veteran
veteran
So basically, you're complaining that a status effect which converts healing to damage works as intended.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
I think they are commenting on the amount of damage. It should do damage based on 30% of your health I think. There again it is a circumstance ability for dealing damage so maybe not that big of an issue.

In a side note why do people keep calling this the last fight?

apprentice
apprentice
Even doing it on that fight, that's still less than half that things health if I recall currently, and you still need to strip armor to do this combo.

It is a boatload of damage but ... once you strip armor, you can CC the thing indefinitely anyways. Meanwhile, nerfing the combo makes it even tougher to use in normal fights, where the competition against CC for 1 ap vs 2ap and 2 memory slots is hard enough.

Just my opinion.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Stabbey
So basically, you're complaining that a status effect which converts healing to damage works as intended.

There's two ways to look at it:

1. It's clearly not intended for you to be able to chunk nearly a third of a boss character HP with a basic "combo" like that, which requires no investment beyond the ability to have those two spells on your hotbar.

2. Touch of Decay should, from an immersion and gameplay standpoint, only invert the explicitly magical forms of healing.
First Aid is not a "spell" it's a physical action that for whatever reason we're able to perform at range(probably because "fuck reason" seems to be a mantra for the designers).
Unless the spell sets bandages on fire, bandages should still have the intended effect of acting as a treatment to the injury.

OP Offline
Decay if i'm not mistaken is 175% damage
So 30% from healing mutiplied by 175%

It was 375 on the voidwoken worm which is insane....he had somwhat 750 health
So this is basically a flaw...

Cast 2 first aid and you almost or killed the worm....which can even be done with the same character using that reset cooldow skill...

Can be done on any boss basically...

The worm cannot be cc by the way and some other bosses have some form of immunity

Its called the last fight because until the last patch, it was the end of act 1....but i see now that theyve added a boat part ...but havent played yet

They should realy add the worm at the end of the fight with the magister because this is way to easy, the magisters start to fight the worm...

Last edited by AngeliusMefyrx; 17/07/17 07:26 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Ah my mistake, I thought it could be CC'd.

With regard to the "flaw", I'm not sure if you mean it was badly balanced, but the math is spot on. 750 * .30 is 225, * 1.75 = 393. The damage is ... upthere, but it's spot on working as intended.

I was thinking about this as I started my latest playthrough, and that Kraken that attacks the ship ... if we get to a point that monsters have deeeeeep health pools to prolong the fight, then you're absolutely right, spells like this undo that. Right now it feels balanced because everyone's health is relatively low, but this does keep the game feeling like a game of "Rocket Tag" (e.g. D&D post level 12). The first one to lose armor, loses. If they want to make health pools meaningful, even by tripling their current values, this combo just becomes that much stronger.

I will say with regard to the "ease" of the fight, I've definitely crushed it every attempt after the first, but I suspect people forget the tension in their first playthrough. Before I knew how best to build my characters, before I knew how to shop for my gear and stack stats, before I knew a worm would even show up, this was a challenging fight for me. And then boom, a void worm opens up for a 70+ point aoe on my party in the second round. I thought I was done for until the magisters started helping. It felt epic and awesome. I think it's just right. Adding it at the end may pace the fight better, but a little chaos and working with your enemy while still fighting them? That's a difficult and fun moment to engineer in any game.

OP Offline
Yes to be clear, it is improperly balance.....i didnt say the math was wrong....i'm saying this combo is too powerful..... Decay + first aid is basicaly 50% damage to health regardless of how much health you'd have....

Funny thing is that its the magister archer who did that on the worm....my friends was woah, and we had to check the log to be sure...

Last edited by AngeliusMefyrx; 19/07/17 02:12 AM.
addict
addict
I was reading up on the Alexander Fight (spoilers obv) and everyone was saying how The Worm came and completely rekt the magisters and blah blah.

Now, in my game, he came, didn't kill a single magister and died. Now, I thought that was hilarious and very....underwhelming, but the reason I bring it up on here is bc he had like 50% hp left or so (might be around 40%), and he got decayed, and the marksman used "first aid" on him...and all of that health, just zip. He died, lmfao. That was hilarious, but yeah, I do think the dmg needs to be toned down when it comes to First aid and decay interaction.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I loved that fight, I was barely level 7 and I already had trouble with the magisters and then the big worm appears, I had to use source points on all my character, I even had to swap equipment to get my rogue to drain the source out of the magisters dead bodies to have another Mortal blow on the Worm. In that fight the worm was equally attacking me or the magister which was fine to me. Loved it.

Actually I think they just need to chance the decay to only do 100% damage not 175%. That seems 75% too much.

Last edited by Deadknight; 23/07/17 06:12 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Decay + healing does have some balancing issues.

I didn't see it on the worm itself, but for my fight with the Witch in the cave, somehow, she got decay on her (through mostly full armor of both types!), and so I was able to cast rejuvenate on her with multiple characters (which once again ignored armor). Might have been a bug, but I definitely didn't chew through her magic armor before murdering her with reverse healing.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard