Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Ceratok Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Love the game so far, but I find it quite cumbersome that there is no way to know if my ranged characters will be in range of an enemy before I move them around.
I suggest that when you move your character it shows a small icon near (or a colored border around) an enemy if you can hit them. Possibly the icon could be added to the turn order images on top of the screen if one wants to avoid cluttering the battlefield with icons.

XCOM2 did something similar to this:[Linked Image]

The red crosshairs icon next to the enemy healthbar indicates that you can fire on that enemy with your basic attack. There is also a mod that makes it yellow instead if that position is also considered to be a flanking shot.

Naturally aoe abilities etc can not be previewed like this, but having something for your basic abilities should help a ton for those weird angles and heights where you can't be sure if you can hit them or not.

Last edited by Ceratok; 18/07/17 08:34 PM.
veteran
veteran
I'm pretty sure the game already has the tools to give you this information. I think the range of your weapons is listed on the weapon itself, you can see how far an enemy is by mousing over them and you can see how far you'll move and use that to get a good idea of the angle you have to hit them.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
That's OK in a straight line - if your attack range is 8m and you are 20m away you have to move 12m.

Not so easy if you have to move at a 30° angle (or around some obstacle) though.

It would be helpful I think as I've moved not quite far enough many a time.

apprentice
apprentice
I don't know if it's buggy terrain, but there have been way too many times where I'm up on a ledge and somehow can't see anything beyond a couple feet from me (not blinded, I checked :P) . Or there's clearly a LoS to my target and I can't hit them. Which is totally ok IMO - terrain can be a wonky beast to tackle, but a pre-view like this would let me judge that. Sort of like ... when you're trying to teleport or netherswap someone. And they're in range and lit up but you get a red X when you try to drop them somewhere - no big deal, but it didn't cost me a move or AP just because of some UI bug. I can just drop them somewhere else or cancel out of it.

addict
addict
Terrain in this game is really wonky. Like I'm glad they added some details, but most of the time it just works against you (doesnt work against the enemies tho, they'll fire and kill either way!).

I do think they need to polish the terrain a bit (or alrdy have and is included in the main game, idk if there will be a patch before release, but game is almost 2 months away so should be a small patch but oh well!)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by UnderworldHades
Terrain in this game is really wonky. Like I'm glad they added some details, but most of the time it just works against you (doesnt work against the enemies tho, they'll fire and kill either way!).

I do think they need to polish the terrain a bit (or alrdy have and is included in the main game, idk if there will be a patch before release, but game is almost 2 months away so should be a small patch but oh well!)

I wish it was easier to move around terrain hazard if possible. The npc will automatically move on the edge but on the player side it is impossible to know if at some point you will touch it or not. I'd love the possibility to (Press control) to tell the game to go around or spend the least time on hazardous terrain.

apprentice
apprentice
I guess that's my main point. Somewhere in the code, the information is available. The NPC's clearly get to know ahead of time if a move will provide LoS or set them on fire. We'd just like that same information.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard